Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

For all you cop haters

Re: For all you cop haters

I just beat it and got off with no warning.

:fap:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by R1 View Post
    I know all about that....

by the by DBB

listen up means you better make some good points, and i dont care if you would give a shit if this thread were closed.

The point to this thread was that there are plenty of good cops out there and this was just one example and today made 2 examples....

but this threads intention was not to start a debate over BS and if there is truth to it you better be the damn horse telling the story. no third party bullshit

IOW NO
    Huffing and typing don't mix.

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Yea, there is some good ones out there for sure....but what i do is pull over and Far off the road as Poss....and when they ask why??? say its for his saftey and mine....then crack a few jokes and shake the hand and your all set off with a verbal warning...."try and keep it under a 100 next time" This has worked a TON for me......4-5 times in the last 2-3yrs
    It's a good move. Soon's he lights it up behind you, turn on your four-ways, slow down, move right and go on for a bit looking for a bit of room off to the right, a place to hang a right to somewhere closeby and safe. For starters, I don't wanna see a lawman get whacked on the side of the road pulling ME over. I don't wanna see a lawman get hurt anyway. Plus, if it takes just long enough he wonders what you're up to, he comes up to the car and gets inquisitive about what took so long to pull over, tell him just that. They always ask, "what's it to you?".

I always do the "my brother was a cop, I got three cousins that are cops, a slew of nephews", yada-yada. All true, and they already know I'm ex-military anyway, then if ya got no wants, BOLOs or warrants, they always let me go even if they had a reason to pinch me at the start. I never do anything that far afoul of the law anyway, but still, all these guys are trying to do is get through the day, they ARE all that's between us and the vermin and if you're basically behaving yourself, they just don't mess with ya that much. Also, I think they're growing weary of scraping us off the roads, too.

My take, your mileage may vary..

....as ye sow, so shall ye reap....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

You WILL eat the cat poop!

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

For what's its worth. No tickets, no pull-overs since I installed a Valentine-1 on my bike. While it isn't a free-pass to speed, it does allow for a less worrisome ride.

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gcgiroux View Post
    For what's its worth. No tickets, no pull-overs since I installed a Valentine-1 on my bike. While it isn't a free-pass to speed, it does allow for a less worrisome ride.
    What's Valentine-1?

It's a radar detector

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I should probably keep my mouth shut, but I can't remember the last time I actually got a ticket. I've been pulled over a handful of times (truck, wife's CTS, bike) and've walked away with nothing each & every time. Must be my charming personality...

I think it's your age. I have had the same experience as I've grown older. Maybe cops realize that the old guy probably knows what he's doing if he's got a history of speeding and no accidents.

A radar and laser detector with two antennas. One for forward and one for rear protection: http://www.valentine1.com/

I have one on the bike (in a weather-proof case) and one in the car. Always comes out ranked #1 in head-to-head testing with other detectors. There are other very good detectors, I just like to know where the threat is: ahead of me or behind. And what band (Laser, Ka, K, X).

Mine is wired into my helmet's headset so I get an audio warning. Some people I ride with have the HARD (heads-up display; http://www.motorcycleradar.com/products_pg2_4.htm#HARD). A personal preference. The riders with HARD are experienced, “spirit” riders so this heads-up system works for them.

If you don’t want anything attached to your helmet, they make flashing displays you can mount on your instrument panel, and external sound amplifiers to be heard over wind, bike and traffic noise. I have not tried either of these two so I can’t vouch for them.

Pulled a hole shot & wheelie in the park, right in front of a cop. I was lit, the cop told me ta stay out of the park for the day! beat that

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

I once murdered a cop right in front of his partner. The cop was like, "since you bested my partner in combat, you must take his place at my side!"

We became best friends and are now engaged to be married. Beat that!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I should probably keep my mouth shut, but I can't remember the last time I actually got a ticket. I've been pulled over a handful of times (truck, wife's CTS, bike) and've walked away with nothing each & every time. Must be my charming personality...

Or your great boobies

Gerard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123