Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cop Rear Ends a Motorcycle

Re: Cop Rear Ends a Motorcycle

Im sure the "internal investigation" amounts to some paid time off and pursuit of prosecution of the rider for videotaping an officer of the law and posting it on youtube.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I`m thinking the cop hit the bike so he is 100 percent at fault. I also think this cop already has some driving infractions himself. I also think he would have gone much further if the guy on the bike wasn`t taping this whole thing. As for the biker. He probably should have at least tried to keep up with the traffic ahead. A set of balls might have helped. He should have told the cop to go ahead when he threatened to right him a "shitload" of tickets. For what ?

Lifer

Judging strictly by his response, I am going to go ahead and guess that the rider had a big bag of weed in his pocket....

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

I don't think the rider did anything wrong at all. Cameras can distort angles.

The cop was an ass and should get everything coming to him.

If I was the cop I would have approached the rider. Asked if he was ok and apologized. Handed him a business card and said "my job could depend on this. Please keep my card handy if you ever need any assistance. Are we good?" And hope the guy is cool enough to let it go.
    Basically a get out of jail free card.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Doing that on camera would be problematic too.

As soon as I spotted the camera I probably would clenched my ass, come to full attention, and done my hardest to remember to do everything 100% by the book. My first call probably would have been to my supervisor or another officer to come help me cover my ass.

Instead he verbally harassed the rider and coerced him to not pursue things. I bet the rider is younger. I'm guessing he counted on scaring the rider into being too scared to share this with anyone. ... And that sucks.

The rider didn't do anything wrong, is it ok to rear end someone stopping for a pedestrian or any other real or potential road hazard? The cop fucked up.

(Waiting for the badge bunnies to come to the cops defense)

Yeah Degsy especially the GoPro's wide angle lens really screws with the depth of the video. I bet the car was a lot closer than it looked on the vid.

Charlie
    '12 BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I don't think the rider did anything wrong at all. Cameras can distort angles.

The cop was an ass and should get everything coming to him.

If I was the cop I would have approached the rider. Asked if he was ok and apologized. Handed him a business card and said "my job could depend on this. Please keep my card handy if you ever need any assistance. Are we good?" And hope the guy is cool enough to let it go.
    Basically a get out of jail free card.
    I DIG YOUR STYLE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    The rider didn't do anything wrong, is it ok to rear end someone stopping for a pedestrian or any other real or potential road hazard? The cop fucked up.

(Waiting for the badge bunnies to come to the cops defense)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 03-07-13 at 09:16 AM.

That guy is riding in/on/around the Vegas strip. I'd be riding defensively as fuck with all those drunk assholes driving around. Cop 100% at fault and handled it very poorly.

Re: Cope Rear Ends a Motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by Brendin87 View Post
    I'd be calling my lawyer real quick. He was just bullied into letting it go. Scumbag cop.
    - so what do we need. I can write you a shit ton of tickets.

pfff with that on video? ya dude i would be like well you get started writing those tickets, I know a great lawyer who is going to love this... and now my neck starts to hurt from the sadden movement of you rear ending me for driving so damn close to me. game on

A biker has never gotten out of control during a routine traffic stop, resisted arrest, and had his camera smashed or anything.

Like any other guy, it's fun to talk a ton of smack about how I woulda done it. Any time you have an interaction with the law, I think the smart play is to say and consent to as little as possible as politely as possible and then address any grievances later through a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by reks95 View Post
    A biker has never gotten out of control during a routine traffic stop, resisted arrest, and had his camera smashed or anything.

Like any other guy, it's fun to talk a ton of smack about how I woulda done it. Any time you have an interaction with the law, I think the smart play is to say and consent to as little as possible as politely as possible and then address any grievances later through a lawyer.
    This.

The odds of you "winning" at the roadside are not in your favor. Smarter to fight legally etc... Like someone else already pointed out, maybe the guy had something "questionable" on him or had a drink or two. Could easily get pretty ugly over a little bump and a cop with an attitude problem.

Very true. You never want to argue with someone who is armed and believes they're above the law.

Joe
    04 Thruxton (Street)
    01 SV650 (Track)
    75 CB400F (Future Vintage Racer)
    68 BSA Royal Star (Garage Floor Lubricator)

Good pony didn't think of it like that

Equal Opportunity Asshole DroFiveOh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cnano8 View Post
    He should have thrown his ass on the ground and started yelling in pain when the impact happened right in front of all those cars.
    Take the fall. Act hurt. Get indignant.

No but seriously, faking an injury is totally acceptable - especially when you can fuck the cops. FTP

49 states do it one way, and Massachusetts does it their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Oink View Post

No but seriously, faking an injury is totally acceptable - especially when you can fuck the cops. FTP

24 year old logic......

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Oink View Post

It's easy to hate all the guys with a badge when dickheads like this discrace it, but they aren't all like that. Any fake insurance claims make us all pay, and the fakers make it harder for "us" to believe the real ones.

Though I think the "this cop is awesome" to FTP videos on youtube is sadly 1:10. But how often do people upload videos of a pleasant and normal experience...

Last edited by aldend123; 03-05-13 at 11:44 PM.
    nedirtriders.com

Lifer

It's true. With the exception of one NH State Trooper (ironically a motorcycle cop), all the LEOs I've met roadside here in New England were pretty decent to me.

This cop is still a dick.

Equal Opportunity Asshole DroFiveOh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    It's easy to hate all the guys with a badge when dickheads like this discrace it, but they aren't all like that. Any fake insurance claims make us all pay, and the fakers make it harder for "us" to believe the real ones.

Though I think the "this cop is awesome" to FTP videos on youtube is sadly 1:10. But how often do people upload videos of a pleasant and normal experience...
    I know first hand that not all cops are dickheads. It's not every day you get to use a mighty ducks quote and sarcasm in the same sentence.

49 states do it one way, and Massachusetts does it their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    It's true. With the exception of one NH State Trooper (ironically a motorcycle cop), all the LEOs I've met roadside here in New England were pretty decent to me.

This cop is still a dick.
    Couldn't agree more. Not all LEOs are dicks, but the percentage of them seems to be growing faster than the unemployment rate in this country. I've met several in Boston who seem like decent guys, but even they rag on their colleagues for being lazy, power-tripping, badge-jockies.

I've had a few encounters with cops who are real jerks, but I've also had just as many with cops who were great. Actually the best encounters I've had with the police were all when I was on my bike. They seem to be a lot more forgiving and understanding when I'm on my motorcycle than any time that I was in a car. Maybe that has to do with me being fully geared up wherever I go, and them recognizing that I'm not just another punk on a fast bike?

But God forbid I get pulled over in my car, because I have gotten hassled nearly every time since I've owned "tuner" cars.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Cops are people too, and I don't like most people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12