Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

You know you are in California when...

Hi guys,

I've had a great time getting familiar with my old stomping grounds out here, and it's a blast. I've had to pause, and take note at some of the things that just made me do a double take since coming back...

You know you're in California when...

- You can't figure out why your tank bag seems to hold so much more than it used to...and then you realize that you have 30% - 40% MORE SPACE without all that rain gear...

- You see more convertibles at the supermarket after dark - with their tops DOWN, than in most other places on the best summer day!

- You find yourself pulling on your leathers, and then hurrying to get going because it's "getting a bit warm" in October and November...

- You see something - or someone - EVERY DAY that makes your day!

- You ride for two hours, and instinctively reach for the "visor cleaner" when you take your helmet off. Then, you realize...there are NO bugs on your visor! NICE!

- You are within 4 hours of 5 different race tracks. Three of them will have AMA National events this year, and the ONLY WSBK event.

- Cost of living is reasonable, and the rewards are HIGH.

- You notice sport bike shops that exist with NO motorcycles for sale. JUST accessories, and service (race prep, repair, etc.). That's hilarious!

- Frost heaves simply don't exist, and the only sand / gravel is at the beach. The roads are simply awesome.

- You see more sportbikes in an average day, than in a week anywhere else in the Nation.

There are many others...this place kicks ass! I really hope that you ALL get the opportunity to come out here and experience the great life to be had - if even just for a vacation at some point. I know - because you are all sport bikers, and like the outdoors, you would appreciate this area.

For a fun weather forecast (15 straight days of sun?), check out...

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/local_index?thisZip=95678&btnZip=Go&nav=home

I'll keep you posted on the rides / events we do over the winter. Hope all is well with all of you.

[Edited on 12/29/01 by cRa1g]

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cRa1g
    2000 YZF-R1
    1999 Ducati 996 S
    1999 YZF-R6 (race)

California is for wankers & wusses

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Bay area rocks!!!! Ride, swim, climb, ski all on the same day.

You forgot one thing:
    - you come back home after skiing for a weekend in 3 feet of fresh snow and there is no snow to shovel in your driveway. :cool

Eugene '99 EX 500R
    Wakefield, MA

Steve,

We do indeed have a bit of extra room for visitors. If you should make it out here, I'll be glad to show you around on some of the best roads in California...

cRa1g
    2000 YZF-R1
    1999 Ducati 996 S
    1999 YZF-R6 (race)