Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Full coverage insurance??

How many people here get more than the bare bones minimum on their insurance policy( Motorcycle)?? IS IT WORth gETting full coverage on a sport bike?? Do most of you guys get the cheapest possible since the rates for sport bikes are ridiculously higher?? Lookin into switchin over to progressive. Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Progressive and geico do not insure in MA.

I have mine fully insured since I bring it into Boston at times. Mine is actually insured with all the mods on it too. Yes it costs extra but oh well. I might actually switch my deductable to $1000 from $500 to save a little.

What if your registered in another state with progressive and some crap happens in MA?? are you screwed???

I am not an insurance agent. Are you a student living here for school only? If so you should be able to register where you are from and go with the least expensive policy provider, whether that is progressive I do not know. From what I have read on other forums about progressive and geico is that the majority of people that have talked to them have been quoted 2 to 3 times more than other companies. I hear state farm is one of the best as well as least expensive if you can insure with them but I think you need to have another vehicle with them before they will accept a motorcycle policy.

more important than getting full coverage (collision & comprehensive) you should get a higher liability limit 100k/300k min. , 1mil/5mil ideally. minimum liability insurance is a joke, you might's well not have insurance at all, also, medical payment coverage is good to have

yes, if you have progressive, they will cover you if you have an accident in MA, they just can't write policies for vehicles registered in MA

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I carry comprehensive on mine, not collision. Although this year my rates dropped to 400 something instead of 7 hundred something so I may see how much collision is this year.

Bruce

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

instead of trying to pick a specific company you should go to an independant agent that deals with/writes policies for several insurance companies. there are insurance companies that you may not know, and agents may know better ways to cut rates for you. one stop shopping. i have progressive on my truck and have had it on my bike. i beleive liability on the bike through them was like $25 a month. but swithching to progressive on my truck saved me $100 a month. just some ideas.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I just redid my p[olicy last week. One area I could use info on is the PIP and the Medical Payments.

I know that PIP covers the first 8 or 10 thousand or something, but is the Medical payments option needed if I have good comprehensive Medical Insurance?

ugggggrgg

I just got quoted 489 for bare bones on an F4i through progressive..Thats BS. My father's Vtx 1800 is 155 ( quoted) granted, the price is gonna be higher on a sport bike but WTF. WHAts the best price you guys have seen for full coverage on a sportbike, given: the rider is between 25 &30, No violations in the past 40 months, and its a 600cc sport bike.???

PIP and Medical Payments........

PIP does not cover the operator of the motorcycle. If you only "check" PIP and do not have medical payments and you have an accident, your health insurance provider will cover your medical expenses but them put a lien on any recovery you might have from the other driver if the accident wasn't your fault.

This just happened to me. Ended up costing me $24,000 out of my settlement from the cage driver that turned right in front of me on the highway to take a left exit. Said he never saw me. State police found him 100% responsible. When it was all said and done the lawyer and the insurance company ended up getting more $$ than I did............And I had the pain and suffering. And all because my insurance agent didn't inform me about Med Pay....................

Roy B
    Yankee Beemers, Prez
    Dartmouth, Ma

2007 Suzuki V-Strom (ABS)
    2007 BMW X Challenge (ABS)
    1987 BMW K100RS M-Sport
    2004 Honda VFR (ABS)
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Sport

Re: ugggggrgg

Originally posted by FireFly
    I just got quoted 489 for bare bones on an F4i through progressive..Thats BS. My father's Vtx 1800 is 155 ( quoted) granted, the price is gonna be higher on a sport bike but WTF. WHAts the best price you guys have seen for full coverage on a sportbike, given: the rider is between 25 &30, No violations in the past 40 months, and its a 600cc sport bike.???
    Your dad's insurance could be considerably less for a few reasons; his age, lack of violations, marital status, town/city of residence, how many policies he has with them, whether or not it's a high theft bike, and so on. The list is almost endless. My insurance company even considers number of cylinders. Yes, number of cylinders!

I live in the middle of nowhere, USA and pay less than $400 YEAR ROUND on my TL-R 1000. My last bike was a 900 that was 5 years older than this one and the TL is LESS than the 900 was. Same YEAR ROUND coverage, same FULL coverage. I was dumb enough to ask 'em why. Their reply? 'It says here it's only got two cylinders...'

We also have 1-2-3-4 cars, a bike, the house, the motorhome and two life insurance policies with them. But we're also in NH, away from any 'high theft' areas too...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Royb
    PIP and Medical Payments........

PIP does not cover the operator of the motorcycle. If you only "check" PIP and do not have medical payments and you have an accident, your health insurance provider will cover your medical expenses but them put a lien on any recovery you might have from the other driver if the accident wasn't your fault.

This just happened to me. Ended up costing me $24,000 out of my settlement from the cage driver that turned right in front of me on the highway to take a left exit. Said he never saw me. State police found him 100% responsible. When it was all said and done the lawyer and the insurance company ended up getting more $$ than I did............And I had the pain and suffering. And all because my insurance agent didn't inform me about Med Pay....................
    happened to me as well. haha...

"fuckit!"

ForeMost Insurance co
    agent .... AutoCycle

$604.00 full coverage on a 2006 R6 AE $250/500 deductable
    $83.00 liabilty for the 2004 KTM 450sx

Always always always!!!! carry under/uninsured motorists
    living in RI and it is also a year round policy

Yamaha

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by R7

i think underinsured is liability. the question is how much coverage you want to buy.

"fuckit!"

Lifer

Where is the bike registered? I have all my stuff registered in NH. Progressive and Geiko were the the most expensive quotes i have ever gotten. I wouldn't even consider them.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by Kham
    i think underinsured is liability. the question is how much coverage you want to buy.
    No it's not. Under/Uninsured pays the difference if the person involved in a accident with you has minimum coverage and the damages are greater than their coverage allows, your insurance company will pay the difference. Liabilty covers property damage coverage to property other than yours.

Yamaha

I Dance With Will

what i meant is underinsure is default option part of liability which is what you just explained there.

"fuckit!"

insurance policy will be through the state of New York..

???

Originally posted by R7
    ForeMost Insurance co
    agent .... AutoCycle

$604.00 full coverage on a 2006 R6 AE $250/500 deductable
    $83.00 liabilty for the 2004 KTM 450sx

I just got a quote from Foremost and almost soiled myself. For full coverage I was quoted 3,000 + a year!!(I have a clean record/ no tickets or accidents in the past 3 years). There has got to be something I'm not doing right here. For bare bones they quoted 755.

I'm most likely gonna go on a policy with my pops at this point and just be listed as a driver. Lucky to have a cool Dad, but I should be doing this stuff on my own, I just cant afford too as of this moment. Gonna keep searching....Any suggestions THanks

Originally posted by Kham
    what i meant is underinsure is default option part of liability which is what you just explained there.
    WTF is a default option, never heard of such a thing

uninsured/underinsured covers YOU if it's another persons fault, and they don't have insurance or don't have enuf insurance

AGAIN

minimum liability coverage is not adequate insurance, it is more important to increase your liability limits than to have any other insurance

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I'm in Jersey, land of the worst insurance rates ever, and I pay $880 a year for full coverage. I'm going through rider insurance which is usually pretty good but I'm still only 21 and on a GSXR600. I have one accident on my truck from 2.5 years ago though and so when I redo my policy this summer it should be off the record. Just keep looking if you want to get your own policy. I know it sucks but there really are about 100 companies that offer insurance for bikes if you look hard enough.

Lifer

If you have your car on the same policy you can get better rates. I had a good 40+ tickets, used my car to absorb all of them and payed just over 800 / year for full on the bike, it's been going down since. Progressive wanted something like $4500 / year at the time, and they still want over $3500 last i checked.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

wow

Originally posted by Phate
    I'm in Jersey, land of the worst insurance rates ever, and I pay $880 a year for full coverage. I'm going through rider insurance which is usually pretty good but I'm still only 21 and on a GSXR600. I have one accident on my truck from 2.5 years ago though and so when I redo my policy this summer it should be off the record. Just keep looking if you want to get your own policy. I know it sucks but there really are about 100 companies that offer insurance for bikes if you look hard enough.
    What insurance company do you use??? 21/GSXR600/880 full coverage!!!

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by hessogood
    If you have your car on the same policy you can get better rates. I had a good 40+ tickets, used my car to absorb all of them and payed just over 800 / year for full on the bike, it's been going down since. Progressive wanted something like $4500 / year at the time, and they still want over $3500 last i checked.
    book title: How to Buy Insurance Cheap with 40+ Tickets.

"fuckit!"

I use Rider Insurance Company. If I got bare bones it would only be $170 or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast