Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why craigslist sucks..........

Why craigslist sucks..........

Long story short, potential buyer shows up to look @ my gsxr 1000 5hrs late @ 9:20pm annouced and proceeds to dead-rev his bike off the rev limiter in the driveway.
    I then tell him the bike is no longer for sale, buyer gets mad dead revs bike again leaving, then sends me this email the following day.

"Your one ignorant ass person what come goes around u lucky I didt break your face for having me drive up there but u keep making bull shit ass deal someone is going put a hole in your head well that being said learn how to treat people you need a role model or Jesus in your life"

Sent from my iPhone

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Why craigslist sucks..........

I hope you replied: kindly go fuck yourself.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

This is why I don't even bother with craigslist. When I was selling my 650r, i had a guy come by in his awesome civic race car and let me know i could hold onto his car (yay) and girl (vomit) as collateral if he dropped my bike. Gave me a hundred to hold it, and finally a week after dodging my calls and emails tells me he can't buy it, so now he needs his money back. People suck.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

"Jesus rents the room on the 2nd floor. You woke him up last night. He thinks you're a cunt and told me to tell you to "watch your back".

In all seriousness, I'd probably drop that email off at the local pd.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I hope you replied: kindly go fuck yourself.
    I didn't no, but feel free to Angel.....

have gsxr 750 05 with a exhaust, power commander, vortex frame sliders, fresh paint, double bubble wind screen, new bar ends ,back seat, tank pad, stator replacement that say gsxr, under tail kit flush signal light ill throw a helmet low mileage if any question please call me at 617 719-5443 if u cant reach me leave a message or text whatever float your boat

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/mcy/2463396348.html

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

"Jesus rents the room on the 2nd floor. You woke him up last night. He thinks you're a cunt and told me to tell you to "watch your back".

In all seriousness, I'd probably drop that email off at the local pd.
    Yeah, kind of wondering if that would be the smart thing to do.

Or give us his email and we will all respond for you

Original

meh, it's craigslist...for every few nice people you meet on there, there are a dozen lousy ones that you need to filter through

imho, if you want a cushy sales experience, you need to pay for it by trading it in for a low price at a dealership

Last edited by breakdirt916; 07-02-11 at 02:23 PM.

No shortage of tire kickers on that site. I had a CL175 cafe I was trying to sell and after about 20 e-mails of horrific English and Ebonics I got one well formatted polite e-mail that didn't have the word 'yo' in it. Needless to say that was the guy that bought it and was a really smooth transaction. One guys cash is as good as the next's, but it's just not worth the headache.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
    No shortage of tire kickers on that site. I had a CL175 cafe I was trying to sell and after about 20 e-mails of horrific English and Ebonics I got one well formatted polite e-mail that didn't have the word 'yo' in it. Needless to say that was the guy that bought it and was a really smooth transaction. One guys cash is as good as the next's, but it's just not worth the headache.

Original

Quote Originally Posted by duganc1717 View Post
    Long story short, potential buyer shows up to look @ my gsxr 1000 5hrs late @ 9:20pm annouced and proceeds to dead-rev his bike off the rev limiter in the driveway.
    I then tell him the bike is no longer for sale, buyer gets mad dead revs bike again leaving, then sends me this email the following day.

"Your one ignorant ass person what come goes around u lucky I didt break your face for having me drive up there but u keep making bull shit ass deal someone is going put a hole in your head well that being said learn how to treat people you need a role model or Jesus in your life"

Sent from my iPhone

Might want to report him to the PD, as suggested because he A) has your address and B) is somewhat interested in obtaining your motorcycle or fucking with your life.

As for CL, I put in my ads that I will not reply to messages without a phone number. I generally email those people back anyways so that I have a track record of what I have and haven't told them, but I get the phone number so that I can contact them and get a straight answer if I don't hear from them for a little while with a
    "Hi, this is the guy selling the whatever you emailed me about, just curious if you're still interested? No? Thanks, take care"

Makes life easier.

A buddy of mine was selling his gixxer and refused to let the guy test drive it because he just dropped his insurance. The guy said he wanted the bike anyway and when my buddy went to his truck to get the title, the guy took off on the bike. So, my buddy calls the cops and the cops say "Aw, that's too bad. We need to send an officer over to write up a report". Meanwhile the thief is streaking down the Turnpike on the stolen bike! My buddy calls the guys cell over and over until the guy answers the phone so my buddy can hear what his bike sounds like at 70mph on its way to the chop shop! The theif got caught a few weeks later, was ordered to pay restitution for the bike and promptly deported. The local cops couldn't be bothered to catch the thief but I.C.E. did their job quite well.
    Lessons learned:
    1)If someone shows up to look at your bike or car and you didn't see them pull in (or if they were dropped off) be weary
    2) Keep your insurance until the buyer pays you
    3) Never leave you keys with a potential buyer and turn your back to them
    Moral of the story: People suck, but Karma gets some of them back.

Quote Originally Posted by SheilaMac View Post
    Don't give him back the money. I'm just a law student, not a lawyer. But seriously, I don't think you have to give him back the cash...
    Might want to double check that. Unless there was an agreement (good luck getting a verbal one to hold up in court) that the deposit was nonrefundable, it has to be returned.

Original

Feeling your pain Casey. I recently sold my old Shadow. I listed it for $1100/bo . I had two people not even show up. I also received this gem of an email.

The bike your selling is worth 1130 in excellent condition. Your not gonna get that asking price my offer is 800. Email me back your interested.

Don't ya just love people who make offers sight unseen?

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    ...I have your pants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Feeling your pain Casey. I recently sold my old Shadow. I listed it for $1100/bo . I had two people not even show up. I also received this gem of an email.

The bike your selling is worth 1130 in excellent condition. Your not gonna get that asking price my offer is 800. Email me back your interested.

Don't ya just love people who make offers sight unseen?
    A few years ago when I was selling my Yamaha Zuma, I got a bunch of almost exactly worded emails. I was asking $1300, and would get offers for $500 and less. I had one guy show up, got dropped off and his ride took off, wanted to do a test ride and didn't have cash in hand. My shed didn't even get unlocked. I finally sold it to a guy in Vermont, he came down, paid my asking price and in cash.

Another Ducati snob #1 masshole's Avatar

These scenarios never even occurred to me. I'll be posting my gixxer up on craigslist soon so I'm glad I saw this and got a few pointers.
    Thanks people!

i love craigslist.

just sold some golf clubs on there yesterday - listed for $300 -

4 emails from people "interested" and making email offers --- all for $200-250 - even though they hadn't seen the clubs.

One guy offers $175 - says "let me know" -

I just reply "no"

He writes me back 10 min later, "ok, had to ask, see if you would go lower"

I reply "$285 is as low as I will take at this point"

He replies "OK DEAL"

He comes over a couple hours later, with 3 hundred dollar bills, and tells me I can keep the change. lol.

so his offer went from $175 to $285 to ended up giving me $300. Where else can you find these people?!?!

VIVA LA CRAIGSLIST!

Uhhh. I'm planning to sell my SV650 in a week or two, that should be a quality experience, although I'd guess it might be better than selling a Gixxah! or 'Busa!

Think I'll just keep it at my office in Peabody, they can do a "function verification test" in the parking lot.

Last V-Strom I sold - listed it on Advrider one evening. A guy called me at 8am the next morning. He and his GF showed up with a trailer and the asking price in $100 bills. They were so nice I gave them $100 back when I found a missing nut from the horn.

You get what you pay for.

Lifer

Call the cops? To report what, some hurt feelings? Give me a break.

So you sold the bike in the 5 hours it took him to get there? I think your story lacks detail.

If you gave me your address for a sale, I took an hour to get ready, started my three hour drive and hit some traffic on the way, to get there and be told 'it's not for sale anymore' I'd likely have a lot more to say than what he did.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

I have a reverse situation...Went to look at a Triumph 95' Trident 900. excellent condition pics and before driving 20 miles to look at it, the dude says "it's almost showroom". Get there and it was in decent condition, however, he couldn't get it started. Two (2) days after posting it on Craigslist. The fool had just finally pulled it out of his barn right after I called WTH is wrong with people?

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by MPD61 View Post
    Two (2) days after posting it on Craigslist. The fool had just finally pulled it out of his barn right after I called WTH is wrong with people?
    Happened to my uncle last year. He was selling a car. Had it out three or four days before and it ran just fine, even managed to get a ticket with it. Parks it in the barn, posts it on CL that friday. The weekend comes and goes with a bunch of phone calls but no serious takers. Then Monday a guy shows up with cash in hand. Suddenly the battery is dead and the carb has sprung a leak.

Yeah, shit happens.

Uncle sold the car to the guy anyway. Some haggling was done, both parties left happy.

You have to know how to how to deal with CL buyers ...i have sold about 10 cars on there this year and bunch of parts ...i clearly put in the ad e-mail me with contact number so i can call you ...that sorts out the scammers ...also leave a little wiggle room on your price ...i list stuff for say 2400 knowing people are going to offer me 2k and i always get that

as far as the bike something doesnt sound right here and im not calling you a liar at all but if you knew he was coming and he revs it in the driveway why not say "buddy dont be ass and do that shit " or tell him ya your coming late just be quiet dont want to wake up my house or neighbors who knows maybe had cash in his hand and ready to buy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Call the cops? To report what, some hurt feelings? Give me a break.

So you sold the bike in the 5 hours it took him to get there? I think your story lacks detail.

If you gave me your address for a sale, I took an hour to get ready, started my three hour drive and hit some traffic on the way, to get there and be told 'it's not for sale anymore' I'd likely have a lot more to say than what he did.
    I think people were advising the local PD because the buyer offered to put a "hole in my head"! Not hurt feelings.........

Ummmmm yeah, buyer was suppose to show up @ 4:30pm and showed up @ 9:15pm (pretty close to 5hrs @ that point). Coming from Boston to Southboro should be a hour tops, no detail lacking . Just people being morons...............

Last edited by duganc1717; 07-03-11 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    You have to know how to how to deal with CL buyers ...i have sold about 10 cars on there this year and bunch of parts ...i clearly put in the ad e-mail me with contact number so i can call you ...that sorts out the scammers ...also leave a little wiggle room on your price ...i list stuff for say 2400 knowing people are going to offer me 2k and i always get that

as far as the bike something doesnt sound right here and im not calling you a liar at all but if you knew he was coming and he revs it in the driveway why not say "buddy dont be ass and do that shit " or tell him ya your coming late just be quiet dont want to wake up my house or neighbors who knows maybe had cash in his hand and ready to buy ...
    Again the buyer was suppose to show @ 4:30pm and emailed me @ 4:30pm saying he was just leaving, I waited until 6:30pm. I went to my ex's house to put my daughters to bed and came home and the jackass showed up around 9:15pm dead-reving his bike in my driveway!

No offense, but I wouldn't sell the guy my bike for and exta $2k @ that point!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast