Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why craigslist sucks..........

Re: Why craigslist sucks..........

Quote Originally Posted by SheilaMac View Post
    Verbal agreements do hold up in court. That's the first thing they teach you in Contract Law.
    LOL! You sound just like every law student I've ever met.

Real world vs. law school. Real world wins every time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

should have replied.." I don't think jesus would like a hole in my head" sent from BETTER THAN YOUR IPHONE

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    LOL! You sound just like every law student I've ever met.

Real world vs. law school. Real world wins every time.
    eh... I was going to respond, but I didn't even think it was worth it. I remember when my mom was a 1L and EVERYONE thought they knew everything. I think about 40% of the people from that class passed the bar and maybe 2/3 of them are actually working.

Original

CL sucks cause they finally stopped supporting image hosted photos in their ads...now i have to go through 21 ads and load photos

bump

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by khuygie88 View Post
    Might want to report him to the PD, as suggested because he A) has your address and B) is somewhat interested in obtaining your motorcycle or fucking with your life.

As for CL, I put in my ads that I will not reply to messages without a phone number. I generally email those people back anyways so that I have a track record of what I have and haven't told them, but I get the phone number so that I can contact them and get a straight answer if I don't hear from them for a little while with a
    "Hi, this is the guy selling the whatever you emailed me about, just curious if you're still interested? No? Thanks, take care"

Makes life easier.
    Has nothing to do with CL but. I was listening to Satisfaction by Benny Benassi and saw your avatar and it made me LOL in real life.

Yeah, I'm really tired of dealing with CL.

I'd say probably a 20% sale completion rate when dealing with idiots from there. My time is worth a lot more than that.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post

I'd say probably a 20% sale completion rate when dealing with idiots from there. My time is worth a lot more than that.
    So how do you sell bikes? My incredibly desirable V-Strom is FS here - Crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post

i have pretty good results (sold 45 of 66 items on CL so far including 2 vehicles [and 1 bike not included in that thread], see thread in sig below) but i have a few rules that i follow so i don't waste my time...cause my time is worth a lot as well since i don't have much of it...

-i try not to meet any buyer at my house, i always meet at a public location close to my house or conveinient for me (for all items that i can easily transport or ride)
    -i will not drive to meet someone half way anywhere but i will meet you somewhere along my route to work or somewhere i am already going cause i could be out gas money if they don't show or don't want the item
    -if i can't move the item i will store it in my garage or something and wheel it out into the driveway for the meeting
    -if they text me or email me i tell them to call me, if the buyer is serious they will call, a phone call is more personal than a text or an email
    -i tell them i will meet at a specific time SHARP cause i have some BS appointment shortly after so i won't be able to hang around, i tell them if they are going to be late even by 5 minutes call me cause i won't wait past 10 minutes cause i don't have the time due to the "appointment"
    -cash only and no test rides without cash in hand or no test rides at all...this is pretty much a given...a guy i know had his bike stolen with a phony bank check and they drove off with his bike in the back of a truck
    -lots of photos, info, links, etc. in the CL ad...i will also add a youtube video if it is an item that runs or works

Last edited by Point37; 09-17-13 at 02:01 PM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    So how do you sell bikes? My incredibly desirable V-Strom is FS here - Crickets.
    Craigslist Ebay Trade in. Craigslist isn't all that bad with a 20% success rate as someone else claimed. 5 people look at it and 1 buys it. That ain't bad.

I've had a lot of good luck with CL. But I also go into every email and phone call assuming that they are a scammer or a theif, and protect myself against that likelyhood. I sold my VFR a few years ago on CL. Had about 20 BS responses, finally had a guy that seemed serious, but wanted a test drive. Told him if he gave me cash in hand for the selling price, he could ride it while I counted it. If we both liked it when we were done, we'd do up the title. I also rode it to his house, so I knew where he lived, and I checked his license for his motorcycle endorsement before he took it.

StumpyNB
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

So, the guy working on the oil rig out at sea wanting to buy my item for his son is a scam? It sounds so legit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Craigslist isn't all that bad with a 20% success rate as someone else claimed. 5 people look at it and 1 buys it. That ain't bad.
    I think he meant only 20% of the items actually sold via CL, a much different statistic.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

sold my SV1KS on cycle trader.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    So, the guy working on the oil rig out at sea wanting to buy my item for his son is a scam? It sounds so legit...
    Haha I got a funny story..

I'm a marine engineer and sail for a living and know a lot of people that work on rigs in the gulf. I was on a ship in Korea this spring and I finally made it back home a day before the BOMO NHMS track day back in June after driving cross country from Washington state! I had planned to be home much earlier to purchase a track bike but was wayyy overdue for a relief and couldn't commit to anything until I was actually back state side. Once I had a relief onboard and could leave my ship I started shopping right away for a bike, hell i even joined this forum. I was really worried that a lot of people wouldn't believe my story but thankfully everyone I met on here was really supportive. One person took a chance on me and had Doc one of the instructors from BOMO bring the bike (SV650) to the track for me. I showed up to the BOMO trackday with cash in hand and bought the bike I had never even seen in person. I took the chance not knowing anyone or knowing the bike I was buying (Not that Doc or his friend would try to screw anyone) but they also took the chance on me for believing my story! Everything worked out smoothly and I ended up with an awesome bike and had an awesome first track day experience.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Except for the fact that it shifted bass-ackwards.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Except for the fact that it shifted bass-ackwards.
    Hahah yeah I proceeded to run it around the track in top gear not knowing it was gp shift.. i was such a newb

Quote Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
    No shortage of tire kickers on that site. I had a CL175 cafe I was trying to sell and after about 20 e-mails of horrific English and Ebonics I got one well formatted polite e-mail that didn't have the word 'yo' in it. Needless to say that was the guy that bought it and was a really smooth transaction. One guys cash is as good as the next's, but it's just not worth the headache.
    In Boston that is common enough. I had several calls about our minivan where the children called to translate for their parents. We sold it to one such family and they were great to deal with and we've since advised them on schools and other details of Boston life.

I agree that's usually not a good sign. I've had a number of perfectly articulate prospective buyers no-show as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    Or give us his email and we will all respond for you
    If you are up for that, the guy selling a Grom for $4,600 would be tops on the list.

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/4032493469.html

The email lives on even after the ad is pulled, which is why it is wise to use a throw away email address and require a customized response.

Last edited by Garandman; 09-14-13 at 06:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12