Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

another crash...

another crash...

less than a week after my best friend (sedition) crashes, it's my turn. had gone out to motomarket this afternoon with rikard to check out some new gear. was heading home down storrow drive barely above the speed limit as there was a statie up in front of me.

i end up getting in front of him, take the split to avoid the new 93N tunnel and come up behind this dude with a new york plate....he's all over the place and is straddling two lanes. i start to move to pass him, check my mirrors and look quickly to my left....as my focus goes back in front of me, dickhead has slammed on his brakes so i have to do the same to avoid rear-ending him. i grabbed a bit too much brake and manage to stop and avoid hitting him....however my rear end keeps going and i end up doing a great impression of 'endo gone wrong'. i landed spread eagle on the pavement and heard the bike bouncing around behind me....then of course it lands on my legs.

i really lucked out with how it landed because i was able to pull myself out and jump up to start screaming at the idiot who had decided to stop. the statie pulled up with its light on (having seen the whole thing)....except that it isn't a statie....some other guys in a blue crown vic with blue lights. after one of em came to see if i was ok, he goes back to call a statie....then the shithead who caused the mess takes off!

basically i ended up with two real bruised up knees, a real big scrape on one of them (was only wearing jeans) and a sore wrist. pretty ironic that i crash and fuck up my knees after having almost bought myself some leather pants.

i probably would have just ridden away if i had been able to start the bike. there's lots of cosmetic damage to the front fairing, and it seems that the left rear set got banged up.

bleh.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

another crash...

Man that sucks. That's a pretty challenging piece of road, esp. on two wheels.

However, I don't understand how its the other guys fault. Believe me, I'm the first to throw any New Yorker under a bus, but I don't see how it's his fault. If he stops, you need to stop, right?

Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

another crash...

i concur with you to an extent.... he was trying to go around the car because it was obviously a dangerous situation (im guessing they were lost) being behind someone driving like that. i guess you should have backed off a little so you could look around (i assume you were looking for cops?) before attempting the pass. that sucks. glad you werent hurt bad. live and learn i guess

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

another crash...

First Sedition goes down, and now you? It really sucks to hear that you went down too, but it's good to hear that you walked away from it.

Emergency braking situations on a bike are always really tough. Time is short, and you have to worry about looping it, in addition to lockup, and avoidance. It doesn't help that storrow drive barely has a brakedown lane.

Me? Sarchastic?? Nooooo!! FazerChic's Avatar

another crash...

That really sucks that you went down, but good to hear you weren't injured too badly. Still sucks though.

My shit:

2004 Yamaha FZ6 (Naked....mmmmmmm) (FOR SALE!!!! CONTACT ME FOR INFO!)
    2004 Mini Cooper - Deal's Gap tested and approved

Guys on sportbikes are so hot....until they take their helmet off. Just leave the damn thing on already!

Beware the counterfeit Mini!

I Dance With Will

another crash...

sorry dude.

"fuckit!"

another crash...

Originally posted by mikem317
    Believe me, I'm the first to throw any New Yorker under a bus, but I don't see how it's his fault. If he stops, you need to stop, right?
    i never said it was his fault. it was my fault, i should have slowed down instead of maintaining my speed while approaching him assuming that i was just going to go around him. i should have worked the brakes a bit more gently, or attempted to get around him.

another crash...

man that sucks...glad you're ok though

another crash...

Hope you heal up quick and get back on the road. How'd you get yourself/bike back home?

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

another crash...

Originally posted by taylor
    i never said it was his fault. it was my fault, i should have slowed down instead of maintaining my speed while approaching him assuming that i was just going to go around him. i should have worked the brakes a bit more gently, or attempted to get around him.
    Oops. Maybe I was quick to post or something. Even on four-wheels this applies: I keep an extra distance and focus on riders/drivers w/ out-of-state plates. They're prob. not from the area and therefore have no idea where they're going.

Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

another crash...

Originally posted by JeffL
    Hope you heal up quick and get back on the road. How'd you get yourself/bike back home?
    thanks

i had to have it towed couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start tow truck driver dropped me off by mgh and i had some friends come get me...