Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Any of us crash this morning on I-90 WB?

Re: Any of us crash this morning on I-90 WB?

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    I guess, I don't know.....its not so much that I care if something happens to them, its the fact that I don't get how someone could put effort into thinking about , or wishing , something bad about others just because they're not wearing gear??? That just seems odd to me...
    I think there's a slight chance you might be overanalyzing his comment and taking it too literally. None of us actually sees "Rider down" and laughs. It's the audacity of the squid that makes them comical.

"YO DOGGZ CHECK ME OUT STUNTIN WITH MAH OAKLEYS AND MY FLIPPY FLOPPIES! YUT-UUH!"
    "Hey, wtf, where'd my face go? Why me? Woe is me!"

If us picking on squids on the internet makes some kid put a helmet on, then we're doing more good than harm. Hurt feelings don't bleed, but road rash sure as shit does.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    I think there's a slight chance you might be overanalyzing his comment and taking it too literally. None of us actually sees "Rider down" and laughs. It's the audacity of the squid that makes them comical.

"YO DOGGZ CHECK ME OUT STUNTIN WITH MAH OAKLEYS AND MY FLIPPY FLOPPIES! YUT-UUH!"
    "Hey, wtf, where'd my face go? Why me? Woe is me!"

If us picking on squids on the internet makes some kid put a helmet on, then we're doing more good than harm. Hurt feelings don't bleed, but road rash sure as shit does.
    You could be right, I might have read it the wrong way

CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 KTM 560 SMR - 2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2002-2006

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    I never quite understood the anamosity towards people riding with no gear. You'll laugh your ass off when they crash and scar themselves for life? Why? Just because they're not wearing the gear you think they should be wearing? So for that you wish them pain?
    Quote of the year, DT.

I've done and occasionally still do some whacky shit on bikes and while I ain't never wrecked in 150,000 miles on a few different bikes in 30 years, I have an imagination as to the effect, pain and injury. I figure if the first time ever comes that I wreck I'll wish the fuck I'd never heard the concept of motorcycles. But like ya finished with, the idea that some folks (if they're out there or here) want peeps to "learn a lesson about ATGATT" the hard way is fucked up. Even if you're very, very good on the street, it's a hard old life out on bikes as it is with nutty-ass cops, cages and conditions on the road without safetycrats wishin' bad on ya.

May THEY crash and burn.

Lifer

Gear is for pussies.

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

You people need to move to nicer neighborhoods.

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

I Dance With Will

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Gear is for pussies.
    Awesome

"fuckit!"

Lifer

You mutha fuckahs need jesus

i must admit hearing the crap talking about squids makes me put my helmet on more lol

Ice Kream
    06 GSXR 600 - All Black Everything...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post
    Watch these NESR postaz get all up in your guts.
    French-vanilla, butta-pecan, chocolate-deluxe.
    Even caramel sundaes is gettin touched.
    And scooped in your ice kream truck, NESR tears it up.
    The ice kream woman is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post
    Quote of the year, DT.

I've done and occasionally still do some whacky shit on bikes and while I ain't never wrecked in 150,000 miles on a few different bikes in 30 years, I have an imagination as to the effect, pain and injury. I figure if the first time ever comes that I wreck I'll wish the fuck I'd never heard the concept of motorcycles. But like ya finished with, the idea that some folks (if they're out there or here) want peeps to "learn a lesson about ATGATT" the hard way is fucked up. Even if you're very, very good on the street, it's a hard old life out on bikes as it is with nutty-ass cops, cages and conditions on the road without safetycrats wishin' bad on ya.

May THEY crash and burn.
    See, I could hop on the same soapbox that you are and say "Wow you're a dick, you're totally saying that you want me to crash!". Wouldn't that seem silly? Because that's that you're doing.

It is a hard old live on bikes. So put on a fuckin' helmet. Chicks dig skin.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Yeah I'm ATGATT these days, but people take all kinda chances.

Look at some people on bicycles, f'rinstance.

Yesterday morning, 8AM traffic, I saw a parent on a bicycle, towing one of those fabric covered trailers, with two little kids (hers, I presume) in said trailer, in the far left lane, signaling for a left turn, a legal move as far as I know. It was just a mile from a hospital, so if they were to have a problem, no doubt the local EMTs and other medical professionals would come to the rescue in a jiffy.

So the squids can do what they want as far as I'm concerned.

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Yesterday morning, 8AM traffic, I saw a parent on a bicycle, towing one of those fabric covered trailers, with two little kids (hers, I presume) in said trailer, in the far left lane, signaling for a left turn, a legal move as far as I know.
    I make left hand turns from the left hand lane all the time without incident.

Quote Originally Posted by IceKream View Post
    i must admit hearing the crap talking about squids makes me put my helmet on more lol
    Then your putting that helmet on for all the wrong reasons. Should be out of a concern for your own skull, not what some douche thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    Then your putting that helmet on for all the wrong reasons. Should be out of a concern for your own skull, not what some douche thinks.
    not at all.. its like when your mom yells at you to do something... at the end of the day she was right...

and of course thats why im putting it on.. for my skull :-)

Ice Kream
    06 GSXR 600 - All Black Everything...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post
    Watch these NESR postaz get all up in your guts.
    French-vanilla, butta-pecan, chocolate-deluxe.
    Even caramel sundaes is gettin touched.
    And scooped in your ice kream truck, NESR tears it up.
    The ice kream woman is coming!

I Dance With Will

Chicks dig skin.
    they dont dig penis? man i got it all wrong.

"fuckit!"

I will admit once I have gone off with no gear. The whole time I was out all I could think about was falling, crashing and what I would break..

From now on I ALWAYS wear what I have. And it still stumps me the people who ride on the highway with a baseball hat. I have fear of dumping the bike and hurting myself at 30 mph let alone at 70-80 mph.

~Amye~

2008 Suzuki GSXR
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    It's just the bike's pee pee.

Congratulations! It's a boy!

You're not Jewish, are you? OUCH!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    they dont dig penis? man i got it all wrong.
    I think he means foreskin

Quote Originally Posted by Amyejean View Post
    And it still stumps me the people who ride on the highway with a baseball hat. I have fear of dumping the bike and hurting myself at 30 mph let alone at 70-80 mph.
    I'd just be afraid of losing my hat.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    You calling me a douche? Damn. Somebody else already called me a pussy, LOL.

PS: Two fingers and some very mild soap works just fine from what I understand, so what's all this stuff about douchebags

Quote Originally Posted by KawiSmurf View Post
    I'd just be afraid of losing my hat.
    I know, right, those friggin' hats are what, $35 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Amyejean View Post
    I will admit once I have gone off with no gear. The whole time I was out all I could think about was falling, crashing and what I would break..

From now on I ALWAYS wear what I have. And it still stumps me the people who ride on the highway with a baseball hat. I have fear of dumping the bike and hurting myself at 30 mph let alone at 70-80 mph.
    I went one one short ride once without full gear, I felt naked and went home to put all my stuff on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Qube View Post
    I went one one short ride once without full gear, I felt naked and went home to put all my stuff on.
    I know, right? After I wax the chain I will ride up and down my parking lot (it's a weird sorta industrial dead-end street with parking) without a helmet and in fact I did this in shorts and a tee shirt and mandals just now, ahem.... I topped out at 15mph and it felt great, reminded me of how free you felt when you were young and just out there in the wind, but that's enough for me.

Even if I go to play tennis I just have my sweats and sneaks on, but still jacket, gloves, etc.

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

See, I could hop on the same soapbox that you are and say "Wow you're a dick, you're totally saying that you want me to crash!". Wouldn't that seem silly? Because that's that you're doing.

It is a hard old live on bikes. So put on a fuckin' helmet. Chicks dig skin.
    Hey, when doods with a gear fetish jump on some poor bastid that crashes to make their nanny-point about gear, it's pretty transparent they're celebrating their correctness about gear on the blood of someone sufferin'. So yeah, Douche, that's what I'm doing with those types. The nonsense that came out in the main and other threads when that kid crashed out on a deer without a hat in the middle of the night a month or two back reflected lots of the self-congragulatory AGATT types. It's crass and it's the wrong time for that shit. Every story that comes out where someone crashes and burns brings out the ATGATT milk-monitors. That's territory for Doc and Deggs and the others that teach MSF, not grist for the last, this or next tragedy.

Not much irritates me (not that anyone gives a shit what I think), but for the geniouses to come out and make their point on someone else's blood is a little..galling. Just sayin', since you did.

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo View Post
    Hey, when doods with a gear fetish jump on some poor bastid that crashes to make their nanny-point about gear, it's pretty transparent they're celebrating their correctness about gear on the blood of someone sufferin'. So yeah, Douche, that's what I'm doing with those types. The nonsense that came out in the main and other threads when that kid crashed out on a deer without a hat in the middle of the night a month or two back reflected lots of the self-congragulatory AGATT types. It's crass and it's the wrong time for that shit. Every story that comes out where someone crashes and burns brings out the ATGATT milk-monitors. That's territory for Doc and Deggs and the others that teach MSF, not grist for the last, this or next tragedy.

Not much irritates me (not that anyone gives a shit what I think), but for the geniouses to come out and make their point on someone else's blood is a little..galling. Just sayin', since you did.
    You feel better?

Edit: Please, read this thread. Nobody here is saying anything about squids "needing to learn the hard way" by crashing. You're making up hypothetical points, arguing about them with nobody, and then getting pissed off (at me, for some reason) about it. Have a beer, it's Friday night.

Last edited by Quigs; 08-20-10 at 09:03 PM.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

Lifer

Have a beer, it's Friday night.
    Word.

I had a few Guinness. BRILLIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by j4eric View Post
    all i can say is, i wish the squids all the luck....i have friends who are squids...they just wont listen...the important thing is we are all sportbike riders..i will not critique them.
    So it doesn't bother you that many others will think you a tool because of their actions?

Could be worse: I've seen squads in Boston without a license plate!

Last edited by Garandman; 08-21-10 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast