Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Any of us crash this morning on I-90 WB?

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/1.59.502.3 (67150) Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman
    Quote Originally Posted by j4eric View Post
    all i can say is, i wish the squids all the luck....i have friends who are squids...they just wont listen...the important thing is we are all sportbike riders..i will not critique them.
    So it doesn't bother you that many others will think you a tool because of their actions?

Could be worse: I've seen squads in Boston without a license plate!
    who cares what people think?

And apples and oranges?
    ...someone without a license place is retarded for a different reason, doesnt have much to do with their safety or lack tbere of

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Any of us crash this morning on I-90 WB?

This topic always becomes a religious arguement. From my perspective, it's appropriate for folks on this site to represent the ATGATT side of the discussion. I believe (note the very specific word I used) that 'more gear' is better than 'less gear' always. This belief is the result of experience. My own in part. And a willingness, as I get older, to take other peoples suggestions as a result of THEIR experience.

At the end of the day, some will heed the advice. Some won't. And this forum is chock full of examples of what happens in both cases. And I have never seen an 'I told you so' post to someone owning up and reporting their 'less gear' experience....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    This topic always becomes a religious arguement. From my perspective, it's appropriate for folks on this site to represent the ATGATT side of the discussion. I believe (note the very specific word I used) that 'more gear' is better than 'less gear' always. This belief is the result of experience. My own in part. And a willingness, as I get older, to take other peoples suggestions as a result of THEIR experience.

At the end of the day, some will heed the advice. Some won't. And this forum is chock full of examples of what happens in both cases. And I have never seen an 'I told you so' post to someone owning up and reporting their 'less gear' experience....
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/1.59.502.3 (67150) Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

who cares what people think?
    Sorry brother, this isn't directed at you...

I hate that attitude. Who cares?, Why should I care?

I'll tell you why you should care. You should care what people think because it doesn't only effect you!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote Originally Posted by toocrazy2yoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    See, I could hop on the same soapbox that you are and say "Wow you're a dick, you're totally saying that you want me to crash!". Wouldn't that seem silly? Because that's that you're doing.

It is a hard old live on bikes. So put on a fuckin' helmet. Chicks dig skin.
    Hey, when doods with a gear fetish jump on some poor bastid that crashes to make their nanny-point about gear, it's pretty transparent they're celebrating their correctness about gear on the blood of someone sufferin'. So yeah, Douche, that's what I'm doing with those types. The nonsense that came out in the main and other threads when that kid crashed out on a deer without a hat in the middle of the night a month or two back reflected lots of the self-congragulatory AGATT types. It's crass and it's the wrong time for that shit. Every story that comes out where someone crashes and burns brings out the ATGATT milk-monitors. That's territory for Doc and Deggs and the others that teach MSF, not grist for the last, this or next tragedy.

Not much irritates me (not that anyone gives a shit what I think), but for the geniouses to come out and make their point on someone else's blood is a little..galling. Just sayin', since you did.
    Not sure if you're saying I'm the atgatt type or not but if you are, then you don't know me at all!!

And fyi, msf doesn't teach atgatt, they teach risk assessment and management. Its your choice is what I teach.

When are the preachers going to learn? That's all I wanna know.

It's a choice, people. You don't have to like a choice someone else makes but it's a choice which is RIGHT FOR THAT PERSON and a decision not necessarily made with you, the selfish preacher, in mind. Yes, I educate people on the benefits of gear but it makes zero sense to dump a load of shit on someone just because you don't agree with a person exercising their FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

If only some of you would put as much effort into worrying about yourself as much as you do preaching....

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    When are the preachers going to learn? That's all I wanna know.

It's a choice, people. You don't have to like a choice someone else makes but it's a choice which is RIGHT FOR THAT PERSON and a decision not necessarily made with you, the selfish preacher, in mind. Yes, I educate people on the benefits of gear but it makes zero sense to dump a load of shit on someone just because you don't agree with a person exercising their FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

If only some of you would put as much effort into worrying about yourself as much as you do preaching....
    I wouldn't say that I would ever preach, just that I am allowed to chuckle at the road rash that follows. I would never chuckle at a serious injury especially because that raises insurance costs for all of us, nothing to laugh about there....

Everybody stay up,
    Peace.

^^

The post isn't directed toward you in particular. It is directed toward anyone who chooses to preach rather than teach....and God knows we have a few preachers on this forum.

Offering information based on personal experience goes alot further with most people than telling them they should or shouldn't do something with nothing to back up why.

Education is greater than reprimand.

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

From what I've read, skin grafts aren't funny.

Funny thing... With the traction control and ABS available on some bikes now I bet they are required equipment on bikes within 10 years, yet some states will still give you the choice to wear a helmet or not. With all the bluster whenever helmet laws come up can you amagine the horror if someone wanted to pass a law requiring motorcyclists to wear........... shoes???

I bet half the squids ridin with shorts and t shirts prob dont even have medical ins. We workin fools have to pay for these a-holes medical bills when they crash and burn tryin to look cool. It pisses me off.
    I think if you get hurt riding like a dick with no gear no ins we shouldnt have to pay for it. Squids must be banshied from this life!!!

K8 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    ^^

The post isn't directed toward you in particular. It is directed toward anyone who chooses to preach rather than teach....and God knows we have a few preachers on this forum.

Offering information based on personal experience goes alot further with most people than telling them they should or shouldn't do something with nothing to back up why.

Education is greater than reprimand.
    All MY preaching comes from personal experience.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.734 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Not sure if you're saying I'm the atgatt type or not but if you are, then you don't know me at all!!

And fyi, msf doesn't teach atgatt, they teach risk assessment and management. Its your choice is what I teach.
    Gimme a break, Deggs! What, MSF doesn't require boots-over ankles, gloves, long sleeve, long pants and a helmet and eye protection on the MSF range up here? That's teaching, no? It's an attempt to instill a good habit. It's the proper venue in any case. Taking "a guy got killed" opportunity to push the ATGATT agenda just isn't nice, though. We all know what the sensible thing to do is. That's up to you guys. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    From my perspective, it's appropriate for folks on this site to represent the ATGATT side of the discussion...
    This site was never intended to be - NEVER about ATGATT or otherwise. The main intention of NESR was to get across that each & every individual out there riding is an individual out there riding. That YOUR way wasn't any better necessarily than MY way and that MY way wasn't necessarily any better than HIS way. It was more or less to say to all the blowhards out there that there ARE other ways and to fuckin' deal with it. It SO gets under my skin when people lay that shit on NESR, it really does...

Maybe I missed the point, maybe I misinterpreted...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    This site was never intended to be - NEVER about ATGATT or otherwise. The main intention of NESR was to get across that each & every individual out there riding is an individual out there riding. That YOUR way wasn't any better necessarily than MY way and that MY way wasn't necessarily any better than HIS way. It was more or less to say to all the blowhards out there that there ARE other ways and to fuckin' deal with it. It SO gets under my skin when people lay that shit on NESR, it really does...

Maybe I missed the point, maybe I misinterpreted...

I hear there's a place for those who love to preach about ATGATT. Where their harping on squids is not only accepted, but encouraged.

www.sportriders.com

Lots of traffic over there

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    All MY preaching comes from personal experience.
    Yeah well the flip side to that is we've already established that you suck at posting pertinent information regarding certain topics on this forum, the topics of proper gear and the "right" race bike in particular.

There's a difference between "I wear gear because I (fill in the blank)" and "Dude if you don't wear gear the earth will stop spinning and puppies will die and you just arent doing it right".

Guess which approach you use.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post

I hear there's a place for those who love to preach about ATGATT. Where their harping on squids is not only accepted, but encouraged.

www.sportriders.com

Lots of traffic over there
    You know what's kind of funny? Nothing against SRNE, but the reason that NESR exists is because I couldn't stand SRNE way back in the day, and went to Josh with the NESR moniker and said "yo man, let's start a website that doesn't suck, how about New England Streetriders?". The rest is history.

I was also a tad on the squidly side at the time.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    You know what's kind of funny? Nothing against SRNE, but the reason that NESR exists is because I couldn't stand SRNE way back in the day, and went to Josh with the NESR moniker and said "yo man, let's start a website that doesn't suck, how about New England Streetriders?". The rest is history.

I was also a tad on the squidly side at the time.
    I was a member over on SRNE a while before I found NESR and the reason I came here was that this seemed to be a much more welcome, layed back kind of atmosphere with riders of all sorts and nobody trying to indoctrinate you.

It was the "I'm willing to teach if you're willing to listen, if not that's fine too" kind of attitude that drew me here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123