Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

MOMS

MOMS

...stopped by MOMS of manchester last weekend.on willow st...i wondered if anyone in here has done any biz there..their prices seems kinda high,altho there were tons of bikes there....any input would be interesting...thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

MOMS

I've noticed their prices also. They seem to think a used sportbike can command 15% more than other markets.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

MOMS

Originally posted by Rye
    I've noticed their prices also. They seem to think a used sportbike can command 15% more than other markets.

MOMS

i went up there last spring. They wanted $3500 for a 1997 EX500!!!
    I quickly got into my car and went home

MOMS

LOL, Mark.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

MOMS

I did buy my F2 from them... I felt good about the price I got... some may say it was high... but we've already covered that... so I'll go on to the next step and say that the experience was good... They treated me well and I went home happy...

lata

MOMS

i went up there last spring. They wanted $3500 for a 1997 EX500!!! I quickly got into my car and went home
    I went to the MOMs in Foxboro a while ago. I believe they wanted $9700 for a slightly used 2002 R1. Windmill Cycles in North Dartmouth is no better, their prices are truly outrageous.

Buying used from a private party is a great way to get an excellent deal. Plus it's always helpful to talk to the real owner about the bikes history. Sometimes you can tell when a bike has been thrashed by talking to the owner.

There are some great deals on New leftovers also. I have seen new 919's for $6500, 600RR's for $7000, ZX12R's for $8500 and Busas for $9000. Shop around.

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

MOMS

MOM's is a joke!!! There was a thread floating around in the 'DEALER/VENDER/PRODUCT REVIEWS' area...

In a nutshell, their target audience seems to be the young twenty-somethings that could care less about the cost. They like to sell to the set that's only interested in monthly payments...

I'd cut off my left nut before buying a bike from them. I'm amazed at their prices...

I've used their service dep't ONCE. They mounted my front tire backwards, then told me it'd be all right to ride that way for a few days 'til they could get me back in...

I've bought small ticket parts from them (off the shelf) in a pinch, which is about all I'll do with them...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

MOMS

I have to disagree with Jay somewhat. I have had great luck in buying bikes and parts there, but then again I also do a LOT of business with them which gets me a very good deal. The bike prices listed on the bikes are insane! But anyone who pays sticker price deserves what they get. As far as service, I haven't used it, I married my service tech. The parts department has NEVER done me wrong either. There are definitly some slime ball sales people there, but really where aren't there?

The store is only as outrageous as their consumers. There are obviously people paying these prices in order for them to be so high. It also would indicate to me, that there is some leverage in dealing when a price is that inflated.

Only my opinion, but don't always listen to other people. Have your own interaction.

Kimberly
    2008 Ford F350 crew cab Super Duty 6.4L diesel
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

MOMS

MOMs = no good. Everyone I know who has purchased a bike there has gotten ripped off.

MOMS

Kimberly- Nice to see another Superhawk in the House!!!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

MOMS

MOM's and Windmill cycles are a fokkn joke........I swear Windmill thinks that just because they are selling a bike, the worth increases $1500.....they are truely insane , and I can't believe there are enough suckers out there to keep that shit hole in operation.

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293

MOMS

I put the screws to MOM

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

MOMS

Originally posted by Jenn B
    MOMs = no good. Everyone I know who has purchased a bike there has gotten ripped off.
    Wow, Kewlness a new woman on the site! Nice Signature!.

Hi I am Mike !

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

MOMS

Originally posted by rmbbikes
    Kimberly- Nice to see another Superhawk in the House!!!!!

KB
    I love my Superchicken! (which I did not buy at MOM's) I bought it at Naults in Manchester and got FUCKED after the sale was complete. You want to talk shitty dealers....Nault's wins the #1 spot for that in my book!!

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

MOMS

Originally posted by LM954RR
    I swear Windmill thinks that just because they are selling a bike, the worth increases $1500
    $1500 on the low end. That place is rediculous.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

MOMS

Originally posted by Teez
    I love my Superchicken! (which I did not buy at MOM's) I bought it at Naults in Manchester and got FUCKED after the sale was complete. You want to talk shitty dealers....Nault's wins the #1 spot for that in my book!!
    Hmmm... not my experience.

I got my new GoldWing from there and got a smokin' deal. $3000 off list price and $1500 lower than anywhere else would sell it to me.

I'll know more on Saturday about the service department as my bike is getting the 2 recalls taken care of. On the plus side, however, they actually called me to have the recalls done... and they did both in 3 days.

This is in stark contrast to what others are saying on the GoldWing boards. Some guys have been told it would take 30 to 60 days!

Can you explain how you were fucked? (err... you know what I mean)

Tony

MOMS

MOM's is a joke!!! There was a thread floating around in the 'DEALER/VENDER/PRODUCT REVIEWS' area...

In a nutshell, their target audience seems to be the young twenty-somethings that could care less about the cost. They like to sell to the set that's only interested in monthly payments...
    I had a friend who ALMOST bought a used 01' SV650 at MOMs. He told me the price was around $5,500 with all the goodies (full exhaust, jet kit, carbon fiber something, dif. windscreen). He had NO idea what the new SV650 MSRP was.

I told him he could buy a brand new leftover for that. He said "Yeah, but then I have to add all the accessories."

Better brand new, then severly beaten...

MOMS

You want to talk shitty dealers....Nault's wins the #1 spot for that in my book!!
    I have heard good things about them, they even have low prices listed on their site. I gotta check them out soon.

It comes down to this: If you naive, ignorant, or a sucker some motorcycle dealers WILL take advantage of you and they WILL reem you up the arse.

Make some phone calls to dealers, ask some friends, and SHOP AROUND for the motorcycle you want!

MOMS

Originally posted by 35racer
    Hmmm... not my experience.

I got my new GoldWing from there and got a smokin' deal. $3000 off list price and $1500 lower than anywhere else would sell it to me.

I'll know more on Saturday about the service department as my bike is getting the 2 recalls taken care of. On the plus side, however, they actually called me to have the recalls done... and they did both in 3 days.

This is in stark contrast to what others are saying on the GoldWing boards. Some guys have been told it would take 30 to 60 days!

Can you explain how you were fucked? (err... you know what I mean)

Tony
    Price of the bike was great...as far as service, not a chance in hell I would ever go there again. They screwed up 3 times and each time they were COMPLETE assholes about it, like it was my problem that they had some 17 year old kid who didn't know his ass from his elbow. If I wanted it done crappy, I would have done it myself! Parts dept. not really any bad dealings. Sales guy/owner (or owner's son) whatever his title is, is a complete fuck face. Possibly because I didn't have a dick, he treated me as if I should not even be riding anything bigger than a 500! When he asked what my first bike was, I told him, which was a GSX-R1100. His response "I find that hard to believe" in a very smart ass voice. When I was looking at the Superhawk's (which I own now) he told me that he could show me somethign more in my riding ability and pointed me to an old shitty, cracked up, ripped seat, KATANA!!!!!!! Fuck him, like I am not able to handle anything bigger. Honestly, how would he know what my ability is? He has never seen me in his life! The only reason I bought the bike was because a friend of mine use to work there and was able to get me a deal on it and was trying to retain me as a customer. Needless to say, I am not a customer anymore. Does that answer your question?

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com

MOMS

Originally posted by Teez
    Sales guy/owner (or owner's son) whatever his title is, is a complete fuck face.
    I see you met Paul. Rumor has it he's been cut off from all dealings there....

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

MOMS

Originally posted by Stoneman
    I see you met Paul. Rumor has it he's been cut off from all dealings there....
    I think that was his name and I would hope they booted him, he is a DICK. As far as the dealership, maybe it has changed, but it left a VERY negative mark with me. As I said, each person needs to find out what they think of a dealer on his/her own

Kimberly
    1998 Superhawk 996
    ZX-Stewie's Other half

www.hornblasters.com
    www.cartier-farms.com