Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Have you crashed?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

21 17.07%
  • Low speed drops, no injuries, not really a "crash"

26 21.14%
  • Yes once, but I've put it out of my mind like it never happened

23 18.70%
  • Once, and I the horrid feeling of the crash affects my riding decisions

10 8.13%
  • Multiple times, I am fully aware of how bad crashing sucks

31 25.20%
  • Multiple times, and it is easy for me to forget how bad it sucks

12 9.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Crashing...

Crashing...

This is my first season of riding and haven't fallen yet. I'm just hoping it comes sooner than later bechause I'll heal alot faster at 27 than at 50.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Crashing...

Quote Originally Posted by 04ZRX View Post
    Once 1967 at 70+ in a hard left turn at night that I never saw coming. Hurt like hell & I still remember it like it was yesterday. Good thing was, no broken bones. I still have one asphalt pebble left embedded under my skin, which they missed while cleaning me up. This is my reminder for life!
    I got a few road scars mostly dirt though.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Crashing...

One: dropped while first year of riding, unfamiliar area, got lost in Mattapan, went to turn left on a hill *(not smart) and dropped it...rather bizarre actually...

Two: Again unfamiliar area, side street, going down a slight decline, 10-15 mph, dog ran out from in front of a parked car in front of a house, no time, was covering front brake, fist full of it, next thing I know on the ground...

Kevin
    '05 Warrior
    Quincy, MA
    AIM: BostonianR6

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Crashing...

I had a couple non-riding drops:

1) First bike, a 82 Suzuki GS450L. Stopped at a gas station for gas. Had the bike in 1st when I parked it. Filled it up, started it up while standing on the side of it. Let the clutch out, because I thought it was in neutral and it popped forward and landed on its side. Luckily, it had crash bars on it, so I only damaged a directional. Embarrassing as hell though.

2) Same GS450L. I was stopped at a light and a friend pulled up next to me. I leaned toward the passenger's window and the bike tipped the other way. No damage, but again, embarrassing as hell.

Only one riding drop:

1990 CBR600F. My brother-in-law wanted to wash his bike at the local drive-in car wash. While I wanted for him, a freak downpour was just enough to bring the oil up from the pavement. He took off and I was behind and wanted to catch up, and gave it just a little too much gas out of the hole. The rear tire spun and slipped and I dropped it on the right side. Damage was the right side clip-on, the right side mirror, and a removable piece of the plastic, which I had fixed and repainted. Really embarrassing as my bro-in-law stopped since he didn't see me. Someone in a car that passed him yells out the window, "hey, your friend is lying in the road back there".

And real eye-opener:

1993 GSXR-750. Riding up to The Classic with KarayaOne and a few of his friends back in 93. I didn't really know the dynamics of counter steering and to be honest, at the time, the bike was a little much for me. We were on 202 North where it meets Rt2. It's a pretty tight right turn and I panicked and stood the bike up while in a corner lean. Fortunately, the median had a sloped curbing, instead of a flat one. I rode onto the grassy median and back on the road. Scared the shit out of me.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Crashing...

okay okay, after my accident, after my leg was healed, my wife and I were going to FLA, driving down... Had lunch with my buddy and his busa, welp I had been itching to get back on so I start it up rev it up a little and let go of the clutch, mistake cause he had it in 1st, good thing there was a cement pillar, or I woulda taken off like a shot. It just spun the tire moved 6 inches and down onto my good leg...... I felt like shit the entire vaca

Crashing...

Had my first crash yesterday...well we'll call it a pseudo crash. Rode all of 500 miles, get to my friends house, pull in the driveway and didn't notice the garden hose. My front tire rolled over the hose and my front end washed out from underneath me. Fortunately I was going all of 3 mph, but my frame slider still broke along with a healthy crack in the plastic. Had all my gear on, so I walked away without a scratch

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Crashing...

Went down last August in Western Mass. I was with a group of 6 people and a sharp right hand turn caught us off guard. The guy in front of me barely made it (literally inch from the curb), but I made a huge newbie mistake which was fixating on him. By the time I realized what I was doing it was too late. I was going straight for the curb. High sided and I'm pretty sure my left shoulder hit the ground first (broke my left collar bone) and then my left hip smashed into the guard rail (I had a HUGE bruise on my left side...foot wide and 2 feet long) and then I'm pretty sure I rolled around 3+ times because my face hit the ground 3 times I remember (thank God for a full face helmet...I would never go with those skull cap crap).

I was out of work for a week and bed ridden for most of the time. My left hip area is constantly numb...or with less feeling and my collar bone has healed up, but bothers me occasionally...usually when the weather changes. Other than that, I am very greatful that I'm alive. I don't ride that spirited on the roads anymore, but I'm going to start to do track days instead.

Crashing...

Wait a minute...your not supposed to crash! Damn, now i have to learn to ride.

Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123