Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Crud :(

Re: Crud :(

I was able to get the bike off the ground (using a cinder block under the skid plate), but then I couldn't get the front disc guard off because the screws were stripped and stuck. Using a hammer and a long screw driver I was able to bang the screws out, even if it took forever. I then took the front tire off and sure enough the caliper mount just slid right out. I am not holding out much hope that I can save it, but there is one on ebay for $20 right now, so I don't really care. I'm still going to try to salvage it though.

I also got a new clutch cable installed, so once this problem is fixed I'm good to go

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

No dice, we got that sucker red hot and it still won't budge, though we didn't have a vice and I was paranoid I was going to snap the easy out again. Instead I just ordered one that was on ebay for cheap.

I don't think a clutch cable is supposed to look like this...(there are about 5 strands still intact)

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by SV650N View Post
    I also got a new clutch cable installed, so once this problem is fixed I'm good to go
    Make sure the housing from the lever doesn't have any sharp edges. My EX250 ate a couple of clutch cables before I figured that one out and added an extra bit of housing to correct the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12