Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
If you reported anything different I'd be concerned.
The world's surliest RMV employee registered the bike in MA for me this morning. Victory is mine! Now I just need to find some screws for the new plate.. and to get it inspected... and then change the exhaust...

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
When you get it do you doing a brief write up here of the steps you took? I am interested in how you worked it out.
I can't find the exact form I used right now, but essentially I wrote a letter to the Title Division at the CT DMV and pleaded my case. I enclosed a copy of the title, and in the letter I gave the mileage readouts for previous titles (NY MA ME) as well as a photo of the odometer showing it only has room for five digits.

Then I called them once a week until they reviewed my letter. It was a classic left hand/right hand thing as one person said "We haven't received the letter but you need to bring the bike back to CT, do an emissions inspection, and they'll verify the true mileage" and then, 5 minutes later, someone from the DMV called me and said "we've received your letter, I just mailed you a new title, you don't have to do anything"

The form I sent had a $20 fee (it's the same form for duplicate titles, I think) but I'm not sure if they cashed the check. In case it wasn't clear before, this error is 100% the fault of the CT DMV. Smutty wrote down the correct mileage on his title application but someone at the CT DMV fat-fingered it and added an extra digit. So I just pleaded that case to them over and over, and said "The MA RMV won't register it until this is fixed so you have to help me"