Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete
    I can't count the number of times I've been pulled over in my life and I have had exactly 1 bad experience with a cop on a traffic stop. Then I see people that have nothing but bad experiences with them. Just seems odd. Take it for what it's worth but anyone that knows me knows I have a healthy distaste for the "cop" mentality.
    May be due to how you judge a "bad experience".
    Any time a cop is less than 100% polite to me, its a bad experience in my book. Thy forget who they work for and treat civil infractions like they have caugh whitey bulger or something.

Hmmm. Hes going to trial soon, isnt he? There will be a few brown stains in a few pairs of blue SS pants when he starts singing in court. Cant wait.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Im with Alex on this one. Seems some people just ALWAYS have bad experiences. Some people dont. Though I will go with Degs on this one, Staties arent worth trying to reason with in any way shape or form. Hell, one gave me a ticket for failure to signal on the JWay. Yup, thats it, no other citation. Failure to signal. In Boston.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Im already looking for a GPS based app to record my speed and movements accurately so i dont have to go to court and do the whole "my word against his" bullshit in future.
    You have a QStarx lap timer? If so - you already have one.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Just saw one on the exit ramp facing and lasering the traffic coming from 495 South to RT 2 west

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Ill be buying one this week. I should t have to, but im going to.

Wirelessly posted

Im already looking for a GPS based app to record my speed and movements accurately so i dont have to go to court and do the whole "my word against his" bullshit in future.
    Speedpro

Professor of Philosphy Cerberus's Avatar

Waze is useful for crowd sourcing info on speed traps.
    i used it for a ride down to georgia and back a couple times and it always alerted me to a speed trap well before i went though.
    also alerts to broken down vehicles on the shoulder, road debris etc..

and yeah, some cops are asshats (just like the general population), but most i've known are decent people.
    can't speak to the mass state trooper thing specifically, though i have met a couple outside of speed traps and they seemed cool too..

Get out while you can

Find your own path

Lifer

Wirelessly posted

On rt24 with cruise control on 62 for the past 11 miles. Asshole claims he got me at 82 on laser.

There are 100 extra revenue collectors on duty this weekend on our tax dollars. Cunts with badges.
    He was cutting you a break, you were doing 62, but as soon as he heard the accent, he flipped the reading to kph, saw you were going 100 and cut it back to 82 to help you out.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM
    Wirelessly posted

On rt24 with cruise control on 62 for the past 11 miles. Asshole claims he got me at 82 on laser.

There are 100 extra revenue collectors on duty this weekend on our tax dollars. Cunts with badges.
    He was cutting you a break, you were doing 62, but as soon as he heard the accent, he flipped the reading to kph, saw you were going 100 and cut it back to 82 to help you out.
    Ah. Thats IT!

Cops don't give breaks to people speeding who have detectors. It's like finding a bong, but saying you don't smoke weed.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by B440 View Post
    Cops don't give breaks to people speeding who have detectors. It's like finding a bong, but saying you don't smoke weed.
    since when is 62 in a 65 speeding? I think the guy couldn't read his own shit and thought it said 82

I wasn't there, but there's two sides to every story.

Equal Opportunity Asshole DroFiveOh's Avatar

I'm not touchin this one

49 states do it one way, and Massachusetts does it their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by McBiggity View Post
    I have friends and family that are mass state troopers. Your comment is pretty ignorant and rude. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.
    On the bright side, the trooper that wrote Degsy up was atleast working and not trying to meet up with alittle boy at the Meadow Glen mall for sex, or having a coke party in Cambridge while his wife performed group sex for the spectators, I could go on but really the Mass state troopers have taken they're lumps over the past few years. As far as referring to them as cunts, if the shoe fits wear it. Tim

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by B440
    I dont need a "break" from a cop. They are as dumb as bricks and i get off every ticket because they arent capable of backing up their shit or having their shit together in court. A cop isnt a judge. A radar detector is legal. It is none of his porky sniffing business whether i have one or not.

Protect and serve, my ass.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    You mad? I take it "that thing" you had on the dash was a radar detector?

Get Waze.
    waze better than radaractive?

btw: hide the radar detector

detector= performance award

jim

"Molon labe"

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Stupid thing is. I havent had a radar detector for 5 years. I picked up the car yesterday and it was in it.

Im going to start using a dashcam and reporting every dangerous move by state cops on route 24. I see it every single day. Tailgating, speeding to nowhere, hiding unlit, pulling out causing traffic to brake etc etc.

Last edited by Degsy; 05-26-13 at 02:36 PM.

Redistribution Supplier

But did the trooper get home safe ? That's all that really matters here.

Boston strong.

Quote Originally Posted by FalArAk View Post
    But did the trooper get home safe ? That's all that really matters here.

Boston strong.
    I guess not all cunts wear blue.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Wirelessly posted

Stupid thing is. I havent had a radar detector for 5 years. I picked up the car yesterday and it was in it.

Im going to start using a dasham and reporting every dangerous move by state cops on route 24. I see it every single day. Tailgating, speeding to nowhere, hiding unlit, pulling out causing traffic to brake etc etc.
    I believe it was 14 years ago they changed that law. I remember because I was a freshman in college when it was changed. unless they changed it back after that.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE
    Wirelessly posted

Im going to start using a dasham and reporting every dangerous move by state cops on route 24. I see it every single day. Tailgating, speeding to nowhere, hiding unlit, pulling out causing traffic to brake etc etc.
    I believe it was 14 years ago they changed that law. I remember because I was a freshman in college when it was changed. unless they changed it back after that.
    I dont know if its law or not. I just think if youre in a vehicle by the side of the road at night, you should have marker lights on for safety.

Wirelessly posted

I dont know if its law or not. I just think if youre in a vehicle by the side of the road at night, you should have marker lights on for safety.
    I completely agree. especially when they sit in the breakdown lane.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by McBiggity View Post
    I said your comment was ignorant and rude. That is all.
    By ignorant, you mean that his opinion of the state PD is uneducated, incorrect right? Can you at least give him a reason why?

I've had mostly positive experiences with the law, most of them were MA. Most were local PD. But I've personally witnessed some bad eggs. The rotten ones seem to have an us-versus-them attitude, a "you dont know what its like" snear. In case it matters, any time I've met one on the side of the road, I've been ready to shine some shoes.

nedirtriders.com

MA is turning into CA!!!!!

run to ME/VT!!!!

or how about this - is there any trial by written declaration over there? I got 2 speeding tickets in CA - but you have this (unadvertised) right to "trial by written declaration"...aka fight it on paper by mailing it to the courts and them mailing it back to you, and vice versa. So far it's been thrown out both times. Here's how it works -

1.) you get pulled over - he writes you the ticket, and sets up your court date. You go home, email yourself or write down what happened.
    2.) 1 week before your court date, you request an extension via. their automated phone system (another legal right that is not written down anywhere on the ticket)
    3.) 1 week before your first extension due date, you request your 2nd/final extension via their automated phone system
    4.) 1 week before your 2nd extension due date, you write your "persuasive" version of what happened (there are hundreds of well written ones online), and send it in with your request to trial by written declaration and bail amount
    5.) the court now sends mail to the officer, and asks the officer to write down his version of what happened
    6.) the courts then read both versions and come to a decision

this works for you 4 different ways:
    1.) with your 2 legal extensions, it's been over 6 months since you got pulled over the first time - do you think the officer is going to remember what happened since then?
    2.) officers get paid OT to show up to court dates - they don't get paid ANYTHING to write down their account of what happened and mail it back to the courts.
    3.) officers are not the best at writing persuasive documents
    4.) this drags it out, and it's a PITA for the courts, and a PITA the officers to respond to a legal correspondence in the form of an essay

so most of the time, you just do the extensions, send in your paperwork, the cop never sends his in, and bing, bang boom - you don't have to take a day off and go over to the demoralizing courts, and it gets thrown out. I would think this is particularly true for cases where the officer is completely wrong (like in your case).

The crazy thing in CA, is that this right is in no way shape or form advertised on your citation/courtesy letter as an option of handling the infraction. I only learned about it via forums/google. I read that the courts purposefully leave it out and write scary, threatening tickets (FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN WARRANT FOR ARREST) with plenty of payment options (if you call the courts, the first option is just to pay) just to scare people into paying. More money for the state, less people fighting tickets.

in MA - anything like that?

Last edited by breakdirt916; 05-26-13 at 03:59 PM.