Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Re: Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Can you request a read-out for Lidar? Also police have to have some sort of training in the use of lidar. Bringing that up in court may help.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    MA is turning into CA!!!!!

run to ME/VT!!!!

or how about this - is there any trial by written declaration over there? I got 2 speeding tickets in CA - but you have this (unadvertised) right to "trial by written declaration"...aka fight it on paper by mailing it to the courts and them mailing it back to you, and vice versa. So far it's been thrown out both times. Here's how it works -

1.) you get pulled over - he writes you the ticket, and sets up your court date. You go home, email yourself or write down what happened.
    2.) 1 week before your court date, you request an extension via. their automated phone system (another legal right that is not written down anywhere on the ticket)
    3.) 1 week before your first extension due date, you request your 2nd/final extension via their automated phone system
    4.) 1 week before your 2nd extension due date, you write your "persuasive" version of what happened (there are hundreds of well written ones online), and send it in with your request to trial by written declaration and bail amount
    5.) the court now sends mail to the officer, and asks the officer to write down his version of what happened
    6.) the courts then read both versions and come to a decision

this works for you 4 different ways:
    1.) with your 2 legal extensions, it's been over 6 months since you got pulled over the first time - do you think the officer is going to remember what happened since then?
    2.) officers get paid OT to show up to court dates - they don't get paid ANYTHING to write down their account of what happened and mail it back to the courts.
    3.) officers are not the best at writing persuasive documents
    4.) this drags it out, and it's a PITA for the courts, and a PITA the officers to respond to a legal correspondence in the form of an essay

so most of the time, you just do the extensions, send in your paperwork, the cop never sends his in, and bing, bang boom - you don't have to take a day off and go over to the demoralizing courts, and it gets thrown out. I would think this is particularly true for cases where the officer is completely wrong (like in your case).

The crazy thing in CA, is that this right is in no way shape or form advertised on your citation/courtesy letter as an option of handling the infraction. I only learned about it via forums/google. I read that the courts purposefully leave it out and write scary, threatening tickets (FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN WARRANT FOR ARREST) with plenty of payment options (if you call the courts, the first option is just to pay) just to scare people into paying. More money for the state, less people fighting tickets.

in MA - anything like that?
    never heard of that so I'm not sure but I doubt it. They now charge you $25 just to go to court to fight it. even if you win you're still out that $25. greedy sons of bitches

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Can you request a read-out for Lidar? Also police have to have some sort of training in the use of lidar. Bringing that up in court may help.
    He'll have to file a motion for discovery before hand to get his certificates and training information. I'm not a lawyer but this has saved my bacon in the past in NH courts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Degs, you were fuckin speeding. So you got pulled over. How fast were you going if not 82?

Lifer

Setting the cruise on 62 on rt24 means you were either in the breakdown lane or people were shooting at you for holding up traffic.

Of all the highways I ride on, rt24 is the most like the Wild West, pretty much all the way from Randolph to Fall
    River.

I guess they're all dicks if it's a money fine and they're cool if it's a warning?

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3
    Degs, you were fuckin speeding. So you got pulled over. How fast were you going if not 82?
    About 62. On cruise. I hadnt slept in 24 hours.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by boloson
    I guess they're all dicks if it's a money fine and they're cool if it's a warning?
    Ive had warnings from dickhead cops and told them to write me a ticket. They alwas decline. Pricks.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold 9930)

I am always professional, polite and abide by the requests promtly when pulled over. The one time I was treated like a punk from the get-go was due to the fact I was riding with a group of asshats who mouthed off before the trooper said a word.

I personally have never received a ticket I didn't deserve, and have multiple times been let off when I expected to get tagged with one. I attribute this to my demeanor and respect for the officer.

Sucks about your situation Derek and I hope you come out on top.

You need a veteran license plate, or in my case have in plain view like in your tank bag if your on two wheels, your state employee badge. The NH troppers for the most part are quite forgiving. Was on my Thruxton doing 86, was stopped on 95 in Seabrook cited me but put me down for I believe for 75. He liked my bike and I was old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn157 View Post
    You need a veteran license plate, or in my case have in plain view like in your tank bag if your on two wheels, your state employee badge
    Acquaintance of mine is a transit cop and was pulled over/cited by a statie who knew him.

It is possible to drive like such a prick that even being a cop won't get you out of a ticket

Yeah, they're all out in NH, too. Helping us all celebrate Memorial Day, and the remembrance of those who sacrificed all for our freedom, by extorting money from ordinary people, who are going about their ordinary lives and business as if we were free.

Quote Originally Posted by boloson View Post
    They're all dicks if you were not actually driving/riding dangerously. If you're keeping with the flow of traffic, that's the safest speed, even if the flow of traffic (as it often is) is higher than the posted speed limit. If you're on an empty space of highway with no one around you, you're not endangering anyone else regardless of what speed you are going. And so on. If this had any relationship to safety, there would be some consideration of whether you were being unsafe, and whether the posted speed limit bears any relation to the safe speed of travel.

There are a bunch of highways -- actual multilane divided limited-access highways -- in NH that have 55 mph limits. There is no good reason for a multilane divided limited-access highway to have a 55 mph speed limit unless it's really badly designed. In which case, that highway is then itself a safety hazard, and needs to be (a) fixed, and then (b) have the speed limit raised.

PhilB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

I haven't had a single problem with any cop this whole weekend. of course I haven't even taken one step outside the house.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 05-26-13 at 10:13 PM.

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Im off to work. 10 miles up route 24 in the center lane at 47MPH. I fucking HOPE one of them cunts pulls me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Whats the speed limit there 55 or 65?

One thing I don't like in RI about the state PD is they tend to always drive while talking on a cell, which is legal. However at the same time they often speed in the high speed lane and run up on the rear of motorists until the motorist moves out of their way.

As an aside in a one hour ride to scrub in some tires there were 2 PD traps, 2 oncoming drivers coming toward me in my lane on back roads and one deer. That was enough fun for one day and I called it quits.

2013 ZX6R-636

Just fight it. You show up and they'll either drop it or reduce the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I haven't have a single problem with any cop this whole weekend. of course I haven't even taken one step outside the house.
    Cool story, bro. I'm in for the Sequel!

"Escape from the Recliner." Coming soon to a theatre near you....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 05-26-13 at 09:46 PM.

it won't be very exciting cause it'll just be to go to work tomorrow afternoon

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3
    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Whats the speed limit there 55 or 65?

Some one has seen the Departed way to many times..........take it as, well I got away with it 326 times in the past guess I will suck it up

And I can see why Heath likes BoMo days now lol sounds idenical to what he would be saying

I have no idea what the LIDAR gun uses for a display, but 62 is only one segment away from 82 on a seven-segment display. It's possible the LEO read it wrong or the equipment was broken, so maybe it was an honest mistake. Or maybe he was a just being a dick.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...s-1103-ticket/

Medina man, clocked at 130 mph in Oregon, gets $1,103 ticket
    Posted by Cathy McLain

The Associated Press

LAPINE, Ore. — A Medina man has a hefty speeding ticket to pay after getting clocked at 130 mph on his new motorcycle in central Oregon. Sixty-one-year-old Gregory Zaser told the trooper who pulled him over Monday that he’d just purchased the Ducati bike and wanted to see what it could do.

The ticket for going 130 mph in a 55 mph zone is $1,103 — that’s the automatic fine for going more than 100 mph in Oregon. Oregon State Police Lt. Steve Mitchell says Zaser could also have his license suspended.

Tin Foil Alert

Some time in the 1960's one group of Lawyers decided to make money by suing cops for every time they talked to
    a citizen. No more Blue Knights dispensing fair justice, rousting bums and teenagers, counseling families etc.

The government Lawyers then told the cops they are really Peons and have NO authority to do anything but haul people to the
    courts so other lawyers can deal with them.

Then the cops now discouraged along with their union came up with 20 and out, and be home for dinner.
    Make the politician lawyers enough money so they agree with 20 and out.

Loose on the population lawyer''s bitches with the purpose of making as much money as possible.
    IMHO a statey can get out before age 50 with a life benefit of almost $70,000 which you suckas will
    pay him/her for the next 35 years almost twice as long as they worked.

So

This what you the citizens voted for, you get the government you deserve.

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs428
    Some one has seen the Departed way to many times..........take it as, well I got away with it 326 times in the past guess I will suck it up

And I can see why Heath likes BoMo days now lol sounds idenical to what he would be saying
    Someone doesnt know much anout the mass state police.