Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Re: Cunts are out for revenue collection.

Not all cops are cunts Sav were you deserving of a performance award?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I got stopped over the weekend too. I figured for sure because I was speeding about 10-15 over.
    But no, he said he just wanted to get a closer look at my ride. Not a Ferrari or Lamborghini... an 84 VW GTi!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I got stopped over the weekend too. I figured for sure because I was speeding about 10-15 over.
    But no, he said he just wanted to get a closer look at my ride. Not a Ferrari or Lamborghini... an 84 VW GTi!
    What a cunt.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    Bet it wasnt a statie

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Bet it wasnt a statie
    Correct... and it was in NH

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold 9930)

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    Bet it wasnt a statie
    This DID actually happen to me on my CBR years ago by a Statie. Actually a cool dude, albeit a young guy who stated he also rides

Lifer

350 miles yesterday. South of Boston out through CT down almost to NYC And back. Lots of police. But none paid any attention to me

I've had pretty good luck with cops around here recently, including staties.

I got stopped about a week ago by a townie with a friend while we were riding. We were probably doing 55-60 in a 50, and he flashed his lights at us as we rode past. We stopped, he slowly crept up to us and said "hey guys, just wanted to remind you to watch your speed. Have a great day." He then took off and pulled over a little ways up, and as we rode by him he gave us a thumbs up.

Last year got stopped by a statie on a bike, who turned out to be very reasonable and even nice. He seemed impressed I was fully geared, but simply asked me to get my bike inspected. No ticket, no written warning, just polite verbal warning that didn't sound threatening.

Maybe massholes are just being massholes.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Southeastern Mass is just a haven for terrible attitudes. My wife lived in Fall River for a year. Holy shit that was a fucking abortion of a city.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    Worth mentioning for everyone who is unaware that speed limits are supposed to be set based on what the typical traffic speed is. In other words, people vote with their feet. Except roads which recieve federal money, who are bound to play by federal law or forfeit the money. So... all highways, since they collect tax and redistribute it to states.

I like to believe they do that to clear the passing lane, not the high speed lane. I frequently see MA troopers doing the same thing. The only problem I have is that they rarely seem to stop people for failing to keep right, yet love radar.

I'll never understand the phrase "for your safety".
    Yeah, it is the passing lane, I just hate the way they run up on the back of people to do the clearing. I don't get rattled by it, and I'm sure most on this board don't, however I can imagine there are some there who might and then might just swerve into the right hand lane(s) without even checking, just because they panic when they see the PD in their rear view that close.

Last edited by backinthesaddle; 05-28-13 at 03:19 PM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    Maybe massholes are just being massholes.
    That's what we do!

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Did it go down like mine? I swear there must be new protocol, which is bullshit.... they should at least have a conversation before issuing a ticket IMO.
    Yup. With the addition of telling me how bad my driving record looks.
    I can't be mad though. I was going a lot faster than what he ticketed me and be told me he doesn't wanna give me double the speed limit and driving endanger. So he definitely cut me a break.

I got pulled over on 495 around exit 26 about a month ago by a Statie. I was clocked doing 84 in a 65 which I clearly was doing. Here's how it went down.

See him light me up and I pull over to the shoulder as far over as I can so that he is safely out of harms way.
    I keep my hands at 10 & 2 o'clock until he gets to my side window.

Officer: license & registration.
    Me: My license is in my front pocket and my reg is in the glove. I undo my seat belt and slowly go in my pocket to retrieve my license. I tell him I'm going into my glove to get my reg.
    Officer: Do you know why I stopped you?
    Me: Yes I was going a little over the speed limit.
    Officer: Do you have a bad driving record?

I was honest and told him everything. I got a speeding ticket on my bike a few years ago and told him the cop at the time had me and I didn't fight it, just paid it.

The officer comes back and issues me a ticket for not obeying a highway sign (posted 65 mpg limit) for 20 bucks and tells me it's not a moving violation. He could have screwed me but didn't, he gave me a big break.

I found that MY attitude and how I handle things goes a long way in how I'm treated by a cop. I do everything I can to make sure that cop feels safe and that I am no danger to him/her. It has worked for me so far.

Now if I do all that and the cop is a dick, then I'll get pissy. Until then I'll check my ego and play Mr. nice guy.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    04 XB12R
    02 CBRF4i
    BearsDen.com

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Yeah, it is the passing lane, I just hate the way they run up on the back of people to do the clearing. I don't get rattled by it, and I'm sure most on this board don't, however I can imagine there are some there who might and then might just swerve into the right hand lane(s) without even checking, just because they panic when they see the PD in their rear view that close.
    Most times, they take their sweet as time to move over. Usually, as soon as the trooper has left the visable area, they move right back to the left most lane to continue blocking it. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do a kamakazi dive out of the lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Southeastern Mass is just a haven for terrible attitudes. My wife lived in Fall River for a year. Holy shit that was a fucking abortion of a city.
    I'll agree, that a lot of people in the Fall River area do seem unusually rough or sullen.

nedirtriders.com

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold 9930)

Quote Originally Posted by Damnut
    I got pulled over on 495 around exit 26 about a month ago by a Statie. I was clocked doing 84 in a 65 which I clearly was doing. Here's how it went down.

See him light me up and I pull over to the shoulder as far over as I can so that he is safely out of harms way.

Me: My license is in my front pocket and my reg is in the glove. I undo my seat belt and slowly go in my pocket to retrieve my license. I tell him I'm going into my glove to get my reg.

I was honest and told him everything. I got a speeding ticket on my bike a few years ago and told him the cop at the time had me and I didn't fight it, just paid it.

The officer comes back and issues me a ticket for not obeying a highway sign (posted 65 mpg limit) for 20 bucks and tells me it's not a moving violation. He could have screwed me but didn't, he gave me a big break.

I found that MY attitude and how I handle things goes a long way in how I'm treated by a cop. I do everything I can to make sure that cop feels safe and that I am no danger to him/her. It has worked for me so far.

Now if I do all that and the cop is a dick, then I'll get pissy. Until then I'll check my ego and play Mr. nice guy.
    Yep, I always inform them of my license in my pocket, reg in glovebox, and inform them of my class A and whether or not I have a firearm/ammo in the vehicle. Always inform/ask permission before going into my pocket or glovebox and they always seem to appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by Damnut View Post

Well that cop wasn't a dick, I've practically spit shined shoes and still got treated like an asshole, there are good ones out there but just because you run into a bad one doesn't mean you hate m'erica.

I once had a cop pull me over at a 5 (or 6 way) stop sign. Typical MA abortion of an intersection.
    Anyway, he claimed I didn't stop. I was driving a stick at the time. I told him I rolled backwards.
    Unless they changed the laws of physics, I had to have stopped twice.

Got a warning for that :\

My wife got a ticket in Boston, at rush hour, for a right turn or red violation. She had been at the light for three or four cycles. The traffic was so heavy the cop caught her on foot.

She fought it and when she showed up to court, one of the court officers was a neighbor in Southie: they walked their dogs together. She asked "Why are you here?" And she gave her the ticket and the story.

The Magistrate session starts promptly at 9. They call my wife's name, she stands up, the cop stands up, and the Magistrate says "Dismissed." The cop gave her one of those "What'd I do?" Shoulder shrugs, and mt wife was on her way.

You guys could start filling in some of these hotspots on the "MA speed trap" thread.

if that's a picture of your wife then I see why she got off

Quote Originally Posted by pontifex View Post
    if that's a picture of your wife then I see why she got off
    No pun intended I'm sure......

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    No pun intended I'm sure......
    none at all

The police in our town NEVER pull anyone over, I saw the townie pull over three people today alone. Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Damnut View Post

If you had spoken in an Australian accent, you woulda been rightly fucked like Dingo Degs.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Quote Originally Posted by boloson
    U think troopers are dicks (most of them are) try getting pulled over by a Sudbury local cop. Had my dog & wife in the front seat. She's holding my dog back because she gets excited to meet strangers & before I can say anything this is what he said to me:

"U mind getting that dog out of my face bro? I don't care if she's friendly if she comes towards me ill shoot it"

Trooper attitude in a retired cop's beer belly physique. Talk about fighting words & a dick & a half. Been stopped several times as we all have but never met such a big a-hole in my life. I won't label all cops as "cunts" from my experiences with them based on this stop but I will label 90% of Sudbury cops as "cunts"
    I would've responded with " I want to talk to your supervisor" and then rolled the window up.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports