Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Damn squids...

Lifer

Damn squids...

I love the no-gear riders up here in New Hampshire.

I knew it would happen eventually but last night I was riding my bicycle and on two separate occasions I passed no-gear squids on motorcycles.

First one was a guy on a harley, NO gear at all. No helmet, not even any eye protection. Not sure why he wasn't pulled over. The road was straight and slightly downhill, 30mph speed limit and he must have been doing like 10mph, I practically sucked the paint off his bike.

Second one was a guy on a GSX-R 750. :o No gear, I caught him after he had to stop at a traffic light, and the road went straight for like 50 yards after the light and then made a hard right followed immediately by hard left. I figured he would be able to lean the bike at least like 5 degrees or something. Nope. No skill at all. I caught him at the apex of the first turn and had to stand my bicycle up and get on the brakes hard to avoid hitting him from behind. He looked really shaky.

I almost yelled at him. He definitely didn't look like he belonged on a Gixxer.

Ben

[Edited on 4/25/02 by benSV]

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Damn squids...

Didn't you know... all you have to do is buy a bike and you know how to ride it...

I mean... I can ride a BMX... how different can it be.... :o

Lifer

Damn squids...

Yah pretty much I think that's how it goes...

Speaking of BMX... I was in the bicycle store the other day, you could probably use a BMX sprocket on a motorcycle. Those things are the most ridiculously overbuilt thing I've ever seen. Definitely thicker than the rear sprocket on my SV, and more solid too. (Less area cut out, they are practically a solid disk)

Oh yes... it is that time of year. Keep an eye out for the BMX mullet posse riding the wrong way down the street etc... wouldn't want to take out a bunch of those guys on your motorcycle.

Ben

Damn squids...

wow, ben, bitter much?

unfortunately, the only crazy i've seen on the road lately was me. *sigh*

-t

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Lifer

Damn squids...

Nah... more of a frustrated amusement.

WTF is the point of having to put gas in your bike if you're that slow?

I think seeing these idiots with no gear on just stuck out in my head after hearing about your accident yesterday.

No I'm never frustrated if I'm riding my bicycles. Believe it or not when I'm out on my SV and I see people on bicycles sometimes I get jealous. The bicycles are a ton of fun. Unless I'm having an amazing ride and there is no traffic at all the bicycle is more fun.

Ben

Damn squids...

Ben I believe you are exceeding the speed limit on that bicycle of yours what kind of wild man are you??? next you will be beating up old Harley guys for going to slow.. I admit I am baffled by the statement that you would suck the paint off their bike.. Is that something like sucking a golf ball thru a hose. I have no first hand experience and was just wondering

Bikeless Prick

Damn squids...

I agree, Ben must be flyin' on that thing... and my understanding is that to achieve such a high rate of speed, one must shave his legs...

Rich

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

Damn squids...

Just wait until the real warm weather comes out there will be some searious posing at the bridge down town......lots of bs storys of out running cops and this one time at band camp......

Damn squids...

bwaaaaaaaaaahahhaha.

if the people telling band camp stories look like her... i'll listen.
    -t

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.