Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

What to see in Daytona?

What to see in Daytona?

hey, i've never beent to daytona or bike week. aside from the races, what should i go check out in the city?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

What to see in Daytona?

tata's?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

What to see in Daytona?

Froggies Bar, Molly Brown's tata bar, Corbin factory, that is about it, have fun driving up and down the strip and sitting in traffic in the heat. I went in 2002, I prefer myrtle beach bike week more.

Oh yeah, I heard the opened a Suck Bang Blow down there the ones in MB are awesome....

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

What to see in Daytona?

Horsepower shootout at AMI, only Friday though as that is when the big hitters are there and more willing to blow up their bikes it being the last day and all.

Lollipops......pretty good strip club

Any of the gas stations on Speedway BLVD at night, that is until the cops come around and kick everyone out. (Try to find out where they are doing the late night street races as they are always entertaining to watch the betting and bartering that goes on. Careful though the law in Florida states that they can arrest apectators and impound even the spectators cars and bikes.)

Main St. any nice day or night, will be packed with a ton of people any time it is nice out.

The pavilion across from Daytona Harley Davidson, lots of vendors and some things to do to pass the time.

The motorcycle show at the speedway, demo rides etc.

If you are up for a little ride and want to spend some money take the ride down to Cape Canaveral and check out the Space Shuttle stuff they have there. (It's pretty expensive but I might do it one of these years.)

Just a couple of things to keep you busy

Joel

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

What to see in Daytona?

I've never been there during bike week. The space center down the road a bit is worth the trip, especially the Saturn V display. Wow.

Lifer

What to see in Daytona?

I'd keep an eye on the NASA website.

STS-121 is being prepared right now. They were originally supposed to be launching this week or next week but now it's pushed back to no earlier then May 10th.

If you went down there you might get to see something though.

Too bad... a space shuttle launch during bike week would make for some really good entertainment. Without doing math I'm betting the shuttle uses more power to launch then every single bike in Daytona during bike week combined.

I got to see it take off from about 25 miles away a long time ago... it's insanely impressive.