Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Daytona Bike Week 2007

Daytona Bike Week 2007

My friend and I are planning on trailering down to Daytona Bike Week in march. We both wanted to get away and go on vacation. The idea kinda just popped up so we are planning the trip now.

Has anyone else made the trip down? Trying to find out what to expect. So far it looks like because he has family in coastal NC and I have friends in Raleigh NC, we are going to drive down on Tuesday stay in Coastal NC that night, then I am going to ride from Jacksonville NC down through Myrtle beach SC while he drives the truck (he rides a buell and complains that its too loud and vibrates too much so he can drive the truck lol) Then trailer the bikes from Myrtle beach to Daytona.

While we are down there we are looking to ride most of the time maybe through the Ocala national forest, take some rides on the beach, and anything else thats fun to see. We will be in Daytona from Wed night til Saturday. He wants to see Daytona International Speedway so Saturday they are having the Daytona 200 by honda superbike race so we are planning on going to that and leaving from there to drive back to Raleigh NC for the night, then back up here the next day.

Anyone make recommendations on the trip, places to go, things to do, (other than women ... thats a given to at least try )

We are considering taking 1 more person with us to help with fuel costs, depending on how 3 bikes would fit on his trailer. If anyone might be interested let me know.

-Lou

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Daytona Bike Week 2007

The strip is like most other bike weeks - tee shirts, choppers, and vendors. The track has all the vendors set up with demo rides. Lock your bike up at night (chain them together). You will have to work hard to find a curve on any of the roads, but you'll be riding in the middle of winter.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Daytona Bike Week 2007

Destination Daytona, which was moved (I think last year) to the track is awesome. All the vendors come out and set up their big ass tents and have all the new shit that they're putting out this year. The strip (down by the beach) is alright, but you are better off parking at one end and walking it. It's fun to say you've done it, but I think you will find that making the trek one year is good. It is pretty much the same year to year, just a shit ton of bikes. When I go down there, I bring the Harley, because it is directed A LOT more at the Harley guys.

It is a long ride (around 6-8 hours) to get down to the keys, but well worth it if the weather is nice. Hitting up Key West on a bike is awesome, and it is always worth stopping at the Hog's Breath down there.

Daytona Bike Week 2007

I went to Daytona once, it was ok, I like myrtle beach much better, I am going again this year 5/11-5/19/07.

All I want for Christmas is another rear tire.....

http://www.ratemythong.com/indexhome.php

Daytona Bike Week 2007

definitely some good info and good advice. Like I mentioned, we plan on being there from wed night til saturday morning then at the race after that til we leave.

I would love to ride down to the keys but hes well how should I put this... a bit of a pansy. I dont think he would ride any further than 2 hours and it has to be like back roads and not all highway.. Its going to be a challenge but worst case scenario I politely excuse myself and take my own ride

Hes my best friend but... he rides a buell that I guess isnt all that comfortable to begin with and it vibrates like crazy and because of the exhaust he has on it its too loud to listen to while riding on the highway for long distances. And the exhaust isnt setup right so he keeps literally tearing the exhaust pipe where it mounts to the bracket. Personally I think he should go stock or deal with it haha.

Anyhow back on topic. I spent 5 days in laconia last year and the vendors and so on got old after day 1 lol. what is this about test rides though hows that work?

Daytona Bike Week 2007

Im not sure how the test rides work, I know that Harley has some test rides at the track. As far as the japs go, suzi yamaha honda and kawi all have big tents at the track, and I think they may have some tests there, but I am pretty sure theres some real demo rides (real street riding) somewhere down the strip.

My biggest suggestion is a front disc lock. My HD lock is big enough that itll fit on the Kawi, and it is a BIG theft deterrent. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to shoot me a pm, I've been to Daytona once or twice.

Lifer

Daytona Bike Week 2007

The test rides are out on the roads around the track. You have to provide your own helmet, and a valid MC license (at least for Kawasaki when I was there). You walk up to the sign up desk, put your name on the list for the bike you want to ride, and they will tell you what time to be back.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...