Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Daytona race / freestyle - Brian C6 ??

100 X slower than Gerard scootertrash's Avatar

Below is an article from Roadracing World about the Daytona races next week. It's cool that there is a write-up about the local talent (Wood, Greenwood) and the fact that they are top contenders for the championship points race. I'm surprised they negleced to mention the fact that NESR will be there...must have been an editorial error or something. We may be underdogs, but I think we'll surprise some people.

I'm also intrigued by the info on the freestyle stunt bike competition. Mentions a guy from NH. Hey Brian...anyone you are connected with ?

Here's the article:

The Race is On… to the 20th Annual Race of Champions

2003 Daytona Beach “Biketoberfest”

20th Annual Night of Champions Ceremony At Daytona USA October 19th:

Formula USA is proud to have the fabulous Daytona USA facility host its 20th Annual Night of Champions Awards Ceremony… as Championship Cup Series, Formula USA, and X-treme Sport Bike Association (Street Freestyle) Championship Series crown their respective National Champions on a night that they will not soon forget.

The Formula USA Championship has come down to the final event with only 4-points separating 1st and 3rd place in the series’ feature class “Sportbike”. With a race win worth 25-points and 3rd worth 16, not to mention the 1-point Pole Award… the has come down to this winner (may) take all race for the title. A win from point leader Jeff Wood, Matt Wait, or Scott Greenwood will earn them a $10,000 pay day! No pressure... Practice starts on Thursday, with Qualifying and Finals on Sunday.

The XSBA Street Freestyle point leader “Crazy” Dan Jackson enters Daytona with a healthy 15-point lead, and looks to be the favorite to take home the 2nd ever XSBA Freestyle Championship. Jackson is regarded as one of the most innovative riders in the world and has won 3 of 4 events in which he has competed this year. Chris “Teach” McNeil is the only rider within striking distance of Jackson at the final event, however 4 other riders are in contention for a top-3 series ranking. Jackson has only been riding sport bikes since the spring of 2002 and hails from former Freestyle MX and Arenacross Championships, while McNeil is an “old-school” rider who’s day job is teaching Latin to private middle-school students in New Hampshire. XSBA action starts on Friday with Final event Sunday.

Championship Cup Series road race classes are compiled with riders from across the country and pits the top regional riders against one another for a winner take all National Championship title in over 40 classes. These riders made up of CCS Champions of past years as well as the future of the sport. They are the heart and sole of the motorcycle road racing industry. With over $11.5 million in awards posted in 2003, most CCS riders race for the thrill, with the hopes of collecting just enough reward to pay for their weekend of racing, while others will earn enough to consider themselves professionals, and profit from their efforts.

As we complete the 20th season of Championship Cup Series racing, we look forward to crowning the 2003 National Champions in a ceremony on Sunday night at Daytona USA. With titles bestowed in 43 CCS Sportsman classes, 5 Formula USA classes, the 4 Team Challenge classes, and the XSBA Freestyle and Longest Endo classes following the action on the famed Daytona high-banks, you've never had a better chance to take home your share of the glory as that shared at the World Center of Racing!

Each of these riders will take their turn in the spotlight at Daytona USA's Pepsi Theatre on Sunday night at 8:30 pm, to accept their rewards and the accolades of their peers, and we invite you to join us in the celebration. Remember it’s free when you present your weekend Daytona paddock credential! Food and drink is available, including a cash bar.

This event is the pinnacle of our season, so please dress appropriately for the occasion. (Business casual or better which means a shirt with a collar to those of us who work in a very casual office, and the ladies have always dressed to impress so we will not dare to ask for more.)

Remember Riders, Sponsors, and Industry Representatives; admission to the 20th Annual Race of Champions Award Presentation is free with your paddock pass from the speedway, so there is no excuse to miss the biggest party of the season for CCS, Formula USA, and XSBA! The banquet “after-party” is at the Ocean Deck (on the beach) following the Awards Presentations!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Chris is an awesome rider. He is part of the Core6 group (www.core6.net) which includes Brian (on this site), Teach (Chris), Shannon (part owner of Kickstand&Wheelies in Maine, Jaymz, Chauency, and Damieon. This group has some amazing talent. Most of these people hangout on a different forum called stuntlife. That is where I spend most of my time until Brian told me about this site. The core6 forum can be found by clicking on this link: http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/foru...e=&forumid=138

Teach is the only one that regularly enters XSBA comps from Core6. He also used to race up at the track but lack of funds has stopped his racing for the time being. A lot of people look down on people who stunt their bikes. Most of the time it is justified because you see an 18 year old pulling a wheelie past everyone on a group ride or going down 93 in a wheelie in traffic. When you see Teach ride you are thinking far from squid. He does most of his stunting in industrial parks, parking lots, or at stunt comps. To see this guy going 5 – 10 mph in a wheellie going around in a circle is amazing. He has some serious talent both on the track racing and also the stunts he can perform.

This weekend I will be up in NH at Teaches house. Teach and his brother built an XR-50 track in his back yard. It is amazing and last time I was there I was only able to land 2 out of the 35 jumps I attempted. Boy was I sore for a few days.

~ FTrain

Thanks for the info...it's good to hear about the local talent.

If ya see Teach this weekend, and he plans to go to Daytona, wish him best of luck from the NESR crowd...we'll be there rooting for him

Banned

Tell him to stop by the pits. I would love to get a photo of him wheelying my race bike, God knows I can't wheelie it for shit.

degs

Originally posted by scootertrash
    Thanks for the info...it's good to hear about the local talent.

If ya see Teach this weekend, and he plans to go to Daytona, wish him best of luck from the NESR crowd...we'll be there rooting for him
    Yup, he will be in Daytona. He should be ranked #1 but for some reason Dan keeps winning. I will see him bright and early on Saturday. I have to wire up a lighting systems for his track into his fuse box. It should be crazy Saturday in the woods of NH.

~ FTrain

Freestyle Street Rider Brian_C6's Avatar

Originally posted by ftrain
    He should be ranked #1 but for some reason Dan keeps winning.
    You didn't hear this from me but have you ever seen Dan Jackson's knee's?

Yea, Teach is a good friend and fellow team member. I placed 7th overall in XSBA for the 2002 season. I haven't been able to compete this year due to $$ and motivation but teach regularly competes and is chasing Dan for the 2003 Championship!

Root him on if you see him!! He's the one playing the crowd... He's guarentee'd to be your favorite if you watch the comp.

Lata,
    Bri

Originally posted by Brian_C6

I placed 7th overall in XSBA for the 2002 season.
    Lata,
    Bri
    Wow...pretty impressive. Congrats. (a little late )