Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

DC Cop Charged...

Re: DC Cop Charged...

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Ok, driving to endager, sure. But the homicide, Im not agreeing with you or not, but would there be ANY chance of conviction for this? Im certainly no lawyer (but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night) but wouldnt that be fairly easily to defend? Defense lawyer, yes my client evaded, but if the officer had followed his guidelines and company policy, these people would not have been injured.
    Im just saying. I hate douches that run, I wish they could all get whats coming to them, preferably without anyone getting hurt.
    Obviously either the rider wasnt identified, or they prosecuters didnt think they had enough evidence to get him on things.
    As for bias, Im willing to bet a lot of money if the prosecutors could pin this entire thing on the biker, and let the cop off with a slap on the wrist they would. So it seems to me that they couldnt, and the cop will have to pay for his actions, mistakes or not.

Agree or don't... no worries here... I put out actually case law for you to interpret for yourself... I feel that the rider COULD be charged on the case law stating that the suspects actions "set in motion the entire chain of events that produced death". I would feel comfortable making an arrest based on that... the court decides the conviction... the prosecution COULD answer the defense with this since the riders failure to stop proceeded the cops failure to obey policy, an response set in motion by the riders action and subsequently leading to death... all in how you want to argue it...

again... I am not saying there is no blame on the part of the Officer... he should have followed whatever policy is in place... whether he agreed with it or not... I have only had one pursuit that ended in a crash... luckily the only one involved in it was the suspect... and I remained within the guidelines of my policies...

fyi in case anyone is wondering... my pursuit policy as it pertains to motorcycles is that I can pursue in a safe and reasonable manner UNLESS the motorcycle has been identified or is known by me... aka... if I got the plate before they ran or I knew the bozo from around town... also all pursuits can be, and usually are, called off by the Officer in charge...

I've yet to have a bike run on me...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Im certainly not trying to shit on cops by any means, like I said, I hate people that run. Ive even pulled over when doing >70 in a 35 with the cop outside the car. Im not very smart, but smart enough I dont need to be in a pursuit and die.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceF2 View Post

I've yet to have a bike run on me...
    thats cos ya didn't see me when I crept up behind you and stole your donuts and then fled the scene on my blacked out bike missile thingy and crossed the state line to New Hampshire and sold them to Nikon..

capitalism in action baby..

and as for Big Red pulling a pink leprechaun outta his ass , them's hemmaroids baby
    I'd go get that seen too sounds really painful.
    ACAB right Highsider??

eat me

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    thats cos ya didn't see me when I crept up behind you and stole your donuts and then fled the scene on my blacked out bike missile thingy and crossed the state line to New Hampshire and sold them to Nikon..

capitalism in action baby..

and as for Big Red pulling a pink leprechaun outta his ass , them's hemmaroids baby
    I'd go get that seen too sounds really painful.
    ACAB right Highsider??
    you are very sneeky.... now give em' back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Im certainly not trying to shit on cops by any means, like I said, I hate people that run. Ive even pulled over when doing >70 in a 35 with the cop outside the car. Im not very smart, but smart enough I dont need to be in a pursuit and die.
    never thought you were... I'm all for differing opinions... my issue only lies with those that will personally bash me because I am a LEO... not understanding that my experiences as one will influence my opinions just like anyone else... anyone that want's to be civil and tell me I'm wrong is welcome to

Littering and........

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    ACAB right Highsider??

Zombie like to pass police cars while he's riding my bike.

Bad move by the pursuee. Worse move by the pursuer.

Risk vs. Reward, who won?

Quote Originally Posted by highsider View Post
    Zombie like to pass police cars while he's riding my bike.
    damn busted , I forgot all about that pretty sad too trying to pass the cops on a friggin DRZ400 ahh well never did have much sense but that was funny

eat me

I bet the dude that ran is a member of the fearless jokers from the other thread!

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123