Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Good Deal or Lemon?

Good Deal or Lemon?

Found a 06 Suzuki GSXR750 which has had its entire life as a track/race bike with about 3500 miles. I went to check it out and started right up, sounds good, smooth idle. Comes equiped with full Jardine exhaust, Bazzaz quick shifter GP setup, and a bunch of Woodcraft stuff on it. Everything is wired down. Stock suspension forks and shocks. Fairing is Hotbodies and is about as beatup as it gets. Up close, everything on the bike has some sort of rash from crashes, or being used. Krylon sprayed fairing. From about 10 feet away, you can tell it's not mint, but not bad. Upon closer inspection, you know its a rat bike. Mechanically, no oil leaks, engine sounds good, its just all cosmetics. No extras parts included other than rear stand, both tires got 1/2 life left. No title, cannot be converted back to street. So my big question is, is it worth $2800?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Good Deal or Lemon?

If it's a track only bike, then consider it to have 99999999999 miles.
    More importantly, has the motor been refreshed? How many track days or race seasons has that motor seen?
    If there's stock suspension, I'd say that's the average asking price.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

I'd agree with Jim. Get a compression check done on the motor and if it checks out, it's worth $2500-$2800

What are you trying to spend? I might be selling my track bike soon.

The bike has seen about 10 races from this owner, and from our conversation, probably had its entire life as a track bike. I'm trying to find a good track bike already equipped with race shocks. I'm looking for a solid running, reliable, and well cared for. I'm looking for bikes with spare parts such as extra rims and wheels, possible rain tires. I'm willing to compromise cosmetically to find a solid mechanical bike. I've already crashed twice on the track and don't wanna cry over the cost of damages on a mint bike. Tsorfas: what type of bike do you have and why are you selling?

What's your budget and are you specifically looking for an inline 4?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Not really trying to sell but considering. PM sent

David, for your requirements, plan on spending $5k. If you're going to primarily race at Loudon, I wouldn't get a 750.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105

I'm not specifically looking for an inline 4, I'm open to options. I would love a Ducati but I'm afraid overall parts and maintenance might be higher overall. I would love an SV650 but I've never ridden one so I'm fearing it might be underpowered for NJ. NHMS is the closest to me, I'm from southern Boston area, but I'd like to squeeze in the occasional trip to NJ. I've been riding for 15+ years, all sportbikes and cafe racers but I'm new to trackdays and I'm addicted! I'm tightly on a budget as I recently bought a house. I'm trying not to go crazy over track riding, but it's hard to contain myself.

If you want pics of track SV650 and price let me know (not mine)

What up, bitches?

an SV will only suffer on the main straight of Thunderbolt. but really I don't think it would even be a big deal and can be fixed with gearing changes. and if its just track days then going 160 down the straight doesn't mean shit anyways. its gonna be cheaper than any inline4 so I'd keep it on the list if I was you.

here's a Ninja250 a Lagauna Seca just to prove you can have just as much fun on a small bike at a big track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Kz03sQeX02c

here's a decient price on a GSX-R 600 with all the spares http://weraclassifieds.com/ads/2008-...ed-race-ready/

EX 105

Quote Originally Posted by davidkump View Post
    The bike has seen about 10 races from this owner, and from our conversation, probably had its entire life as a track bike. I'm trying to find a good track bike already equipped with race shocks. I'm looking for a solid running, reliable, and well cared for. I'm looking for bikes with spare parts such as extra rims and wheels, possible rain tires. I'm willing to compromise cosmetically to find a solid mechanical bike. I've already crashed twice on the track and don't wanna cry over the cost of damages on a mint bike. Tsorfas: what type of bike do you have and why are you selling?
    I have a Honda F4i that sounds like it might be a good fit for you. It's fresh, straight and has spares for days. It's an active race bike but if you're interested in knowing more PM me with some contact info.

I'll be out of town from tonight until Monday so if I don't get back to you right away, that's why.