Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

dealer woes

dealer woes

Alright I have just dealt with my local dealership for the last time EVER. These knuckleheads are ridiculous. So when I bought my bike I get a business card stamped for free oil changes. So I bring my bike in with the lil card and tell the guy @ the service counter that I want to get an oil change. He then goes on to tell me that I will have to come back in a week or two. " A week or two" I say, "What are you fucking crazy?" " I just need an oil change." He then tells me to hold on and goes to speak to the service manager. I over hear the manager say for me to bring the bike in @ the end of next week and leave it there over the weekend. All for a fucking oil change. I couldn't believe it. I shake my head @ the kid and tell him that they are outta their minds. I can only imagine if I needed some real work done. What would that take a month?

So before I leave the kid asks if I want to schedule and appointment and I threw the oil change card @ him and told him I would do it myself. Only reason I stopped in was because I wanted to take advantage of the free oil change. He then tells me to come back next time. Ya ok. What a joke.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

dealer woes

You will not find any dealership that will do a walk in oil change. At least none that I have found and I have had friends that worked at some. Typically you call and set up an appointment usually 1-2 weeks and you drop the bike off for the day.

dealer woes

Originally posted by rjh200
    You will not find any dealership that will do a walk in oil change. At least none that I have found and I have had friends that worked at some. Typically you call and set up an appointment usually 1-2 weeks and you drop the bike off for the day.

It may be a free oil change but it's easy just do it yourself.
    As for being free do you still have to pay for the oil and Filter or was that included? I wouldn't think that would be free, but if it is tell them you cant wait a week or two and want the oil and filter so you can do it your self.. It is the easiest thing to do...

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

dealer woes

Originally posted by rjh200
    You will not find any dealership that will do a walk in oil change.
    that depends on your relationship with your dealer and how much business you give them

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

dealer woes

I know people who just walk in and get them done. Its only a 5 minute job geez. Im all set with even going back there. I can do it myself no problem. Just thought it was silly that I would have to wait a week or two for an oil change.

dealer woes

Originally posted by RandyO
    that depends on your relationship with your dealer and how much business you give them
    Randy, you're the exception to about 183,341 rules...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

dealer woes

BCM will do oil changes on Saturday, first come first served.

OH yeah, you gotta be a Ducati owner........

LRRS#167

dealer woes

Besides the BCM Walk-In Saturdays...

I don't know any dealerships that do walk in oil changes either.

Next time... ask them for the oil and filter and you'll do it yourself.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Re: dealer woes

Originally posted by BLaZNKrON
    Alright I have just dealt with my local dealership for the last time EVER. These knuckleheads are ridiculous. So when I bought my bike I get a business card stamped for free oil changes. So I bring my bike in with the lil card and tell the guy @ the service counter that I want to get an oil change. He then goes on to tell me that I will have to come back in a week or two. " A week or two" I say, "What are you fucking crazy?" " I just need an oil change." He then tells me to hold on and goes to speak to the service manager. I over hear the manager say for me to bring the bike in @ the end of next week and leave it there over the weekend. All for a fucking oil change. I couldn't believe it. I shake my head @ the kid and tell him that they are outta their minds. I can only imagine if I needed some real work done. What would that take a month?

So before I leave the kid asks if I want to schedule and appointment and I threw the oil change card @ him and told him I would do it myself. Only reason I stopped in was because I wanted to take advantage of the free oil change. He then tells me to come back next time. Ya ok. What a joke.

Hey, its summertime. Everybody wants their shit fixed. A shop can do only so much in a day. What about all the other guys who have an appointment, should they be pushed back cause you want an oil change? I suppose you will say to hire more techs to get more jobs done. Oh, wait a sec, you want a free oil change. Everybody (and not you in particular) is bitching about service costs, so adding more techs wont help lower prices...

Getting service at a dealership (weather car or bike, new dealer or local small guy type place) works on appointments.....Quit yer bitcin..

dealer woes

#1 MY gixer to get to the filter the right side lower has to come off. That means the oil change is like at least a 1/2 hour

#2 oil should be warm- they would not do that.

#3 The free oil change is just a rip off come on. You were not really supposed to show back up.

#4 Free oil--- Pep Boys super recycled Oil--
    OH by the way we have real bike oil at only $12 per liter.

#5 New oil filter --- wipe oil filter with rag--- put warranted filter in lunch box for my friend Burt

Inspect bike find $500 worth of necessary repairs.

Shoot I don't think that's safe to ride home like that. We have Chen Sing racin tires mounted and balance for only $485.

That noise is like cam chain slap. If it slips the chain blows the head off: comes right through the gas tank. Cuts your dick clean off but you don't mind on account the exploding gasolene has kilt you already. We take VISA and probbably could have it back to you for the Holidays.... BUt the oil an filter is on us!

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

dealer woes

i would have asked for an oil filter and the necessary amount of oil and taken it home and done it myself

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

dealer woes

I need an oil change for my bike, after considering having a dealer do it for convienence and doing it myself, I think my decision has been made...

I too have never come across a dealer that does a walk in oil change...

I did luck out once when I needed a tire on my R1, called around, Anderson Cycle was able to do it as I waited without an appointment, they mentioned that on Fridays they try not to book a bazillion appointments so they can squeeze people in so they have their ride for the weekend...always liked going there...

Kevin
    '05 Warrior
    Quincy, MA
    AIM: BostonianR6