Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

ANyone know a decent painter?

So I just put some new fairings on my bike and I need to get it sprayed. Does anyone know any decently priced painters that do decent work? It doesn't have to be show quality or perfect. It just needs to be prepped, sprayed and cleared. I have gotten a couple estimates so far. One place said 150 but I would have to wait 6 weeks because he was busy. Another place said 450 if I buy a qt of the paint (another 150) but it can be done in a couple days. Thats a bit overpriced in my opinion. All the other places I went to wouldn't even give me the time of day since they are in the busy season doing major collision repairs and whatnot. Ideally I'd like to find a small shop or someone who can paint to do it on the side for a fair price. Heres a pic of the bike for reference:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Littering and........

I dont know of any good painters in your area, but I do have a little advice - don't just have the cheapest bidder do it.

Nothing ruins the looks and value of a bike quicker than a shitty paint job. Shop around a bit, and expect to pay about $500 for a good job. Its really not difficult to do, but an amateur who doesn't have their timing right, or who just sucks with a paint gun, will make your bike look like a fat chick sitting on a toilet.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!