Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Demo a Spyder!

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Demo a Spyder!

Can-Am | Try Spyder

looks different

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Demo a Spyder!

Hmm, it looks pretty cool I guess. Does anyone know how much they go for?

High maintenance priss

Demo a Spyder!

I think they start at 15k? I was at the Friday demo @ Higgins Powersports. Neck/back injury prevented me from riding tho. I'm pretty sure the shop has 1 or 2 left until tomorrow (Tuesday).

Demo a Spyder!

Damn Interesting » The T-Rex Motorcar/Motorcycle Cross-Breed

(old website/story)

But I like these if you got an extra 50k lyin around

Lifer

Demo a Spyder!

seems pretty cool...and there is a dealership close by hmmmmmm

'22 Aprilia rs660
    '18 Aprilia Tuono Factory

If you look down, you go down. That may be fun at an orgy, but it sucks on a bike

Demo a Spyder!

Tested a Spyder right before I moved here from Tampa.
    I have to say that the weeks leading up to it I was crazy excited,But afterwards i was very dissapointed. So much that I refused to even have my picture taken with it. It has good power and is pretty comfortable. The controls are easy to use. Guages easy to see and navigate through. Braking takes a second to get used to because there is only one foot pedal that E-controls all 3 wheels. Turning also felt very strange. Not just 90* turns but curves too. Almost like if i didnt lean deep into the turn, it was gonna through me off. For me, it lacked the bike-like feel that I would want from this type of vehicle. I felt like i was driving a retarded car. Driving for me is very boring and after 10 min I wanted the ride to just be over. The 15k + price tag also makes it unattractive.

It's definetly worth checking out though.

--Motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Demo a Spyder!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken600RR View Post
    I have to say that the weeks leading up to it I was crazy excited,But afterwards i was very dissapointed. So much that I refused to even have my picture taken with it. It has good power and is pretty comfortable. The controls are easy to use. Guages easy to see and navigate through. Braking takes a second to get used to because there is only one foot pedal that E-controls all 3 wheels. Turning also felt very strange. Not just 90* turns but curves too. Almost like if i didnt lean deep into the turn, it was gonna through me off. For me, it lacked the bike-like feel that I would want from this type of vehicle. I felt like i was driving a retarded car. Driving for me is very boring and after 10 min I wanted the ride to just be over. The 15k + price tag also makes it unattractive.

wow - who invited Debby Downer to the party?

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Lifer

Demo a Spyder!

I set-up my appointment for tomorrow morning

'22 Aprilia rs660

If you look down, you go down. That may be fun at an orgy, but it sucks on a bike

nanu nanu

+1

Yup, same here. Demoed one at Americade. I would seriously feel safer if it was made for the dirt. It's just not leanable enough to be on asphalt.
    I hear that T-Rex rips ass though. Guess I'm gonna have to save my pennies. By the time I have enough, they might have something affordable.

Demo a Spyder!

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth R6 View Post
    wow - who invited Debby Downer to the party?
    Not trying to be a downer. Would you feel better if I told you it was the best riding experience I've ever had?

Im just thought I'd shy my opinions and maybe try to save someone a day of waiting for thier turn and then being highly dissapointed.

--Motorcycles are a balance between trust and physics. you just have to trust that your tires will work, and hope the 10 little asian guys that designed the bike got an A+ in physics

Lifer

Demo a Spyder!

So took one for a demo ride and have to say you make some good points. I def thought it was a pretty cool machine, and liked the vtwin growl. The seat was comfortable but weird at the same time, think it might be cus it felt like a snowmobile. Curves did feel weird, cus I caught myself leaning to feel comfortable. I can see where you got bored with it, I just thought it was cool riding something different so it kept my attention. Would love to demo a t-rex

here are some pics:

'22 Aprilia rs660

Demo a Spyder!

I've been riding the Ski-Doo (Bombardier) REV chassis snowmobile for the last 3 years, and like the Spyder, it took a lot of getting used to. You really have to lean forward to the inside ski/wheel on these machines to get them to handle correctly. You can't just sit back and steer them as they need lots of rider input. Bombardier was the first company to have a successful "rider forward" suspension system in sleds. Many sit-back style riders hated it, but the aggressive trail riders/racers immediately fell in love. I haven't had a chance to demo a Spyder yet, but from everything I've read, it's as close to riding a snowmobile on the streets as you can get. I guess that's why it's not for everyone.

Go Big or Go Home!

2000 Ducati 900SS
    1992 CBR 600 F2 (sold)

Banned

Demo a Spyder!

Test rode one (the same place as you, Thierry, in Easton) today. I loved it. Very much like a snowmobile. I really threw the thing around corners. Got it up to 85 on a straight. Handled very well, but you do have to use some body english to feel comfortable in high-speed turns. I think next year or two they will refine it a bit more. Still seems a little like a prototype to me.

derek

Demo a Spyder!

but does it wheelie?

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Banned

Demo a Spyder!

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    but does it wheelie?
    Only if you get a bunch of guys to lift it.

Lifer

Demo a Spyder!

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Only if you get a bunch of guys to lift it.
    did you peel out at all? the guy who i followed took it after our ride and burned some rubber down the street.....I dunno maybe he thought I was with the ruff ryders and wanted an aniciation

'22 Aprilia rs660