Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Insurance history - help needed

Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar

Exclamation Insurance history - help needed

Hi all. I've run into a real show-stopper of a problem over here in the UK, regarding my USA riding history.
    To cut a long story short, my insurer is no longer accepting my no-claims-history proof unless I can get it to them in a format that they understand.

From 07-10 I was insured with another company - then from mid-10 to late 11 (or early 12, when we actually cancelled) I was with Liberty Mutual.

The problem is, that with Liberty mutual I was able to add my bike to my existing car policy. My insurer this end says that due to this they can't accept that my history extends back further than the date my bike was added to the policy (2010).
    Liberty mutual also say they can't make any statement about my prior insurance history as they can't query that data from another company.
    I've pulled my DMV record - 100% clean - but they can't accept that, as its not proof of no claims, its proof of no accidents.
    I basically need some way to get a statement to the effect of 'Mr Pearson has been claim free on his motorbike insurance for the last X years' or from date X to date Y.
    Is there anything I can do to get this info - as it seems my only option is to contact all the companies I've ever been insured with individually

If I can't get them this, then my insurance is going to go up - a LOT - to over 3.5k$ a year, and I'm going to have to simply quit riding as a result.
    Any ideas/help/insight would be appreciated!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Wanderer; 06-01-12 at 04:46 PM.

Re: Insurance history - help needed

Either talk to McBiggity and ask him if he knows anything that can be done, or start calling.

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

Wow. I wish it had been a banking question, maybe then I could have helped. Good luck, man!

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

damn! it might be easier to move back lol. jk. good luck man. hopefully someone from here knows how to help

Need to save money on your insurance?

"Just slice your penis off!"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

If you were insured with commerce in mass those years I can look into it. If so, shoot me a pm with your name and mass license #.

When progressive wanted the same type of letter and I couldn't get it from another company I drafted my own in photoshop... worked great, but thats a little risky for obvious reasons.

Full Tilt - Full Time Trackday Guru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackxxbird View Post
    When progressive wanted the same type of letter and I couldn't get it from another company I drafted my own in photoshop... worked great, but thats a little risky for obvious reasons.
    ..and genius for admitting to it and posting it online

Mike
    Am #124

Riding slow bikes slower. Wanderer's Avatar

All sorted out.
    For future reference - may save someone a lot of hassle. If you ever move overseas etc, get letters from your past insurers, detailing *precisely* what coverage you had (not so much the amounts etc, the years are important) and your full claims history. If you have a multiple vehicle policy, or house+car+bike policy, ask that they detail exactly exactly when each was added to the policy, and if there were any claims on that vehicle specifically. You really need to break it down to Coverage from X to Y year, and during that period here are the claims made, if any.