Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

x Diavel S

x Diavel S

I'm drooling over this bike! The price tag is a bit hard to swallow but I want to see one in person/test ride one to see if it makes sense. Anybody know when they arrive at dealers?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: x Diavel S

Makes sense??
    Surely you can't be serious.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Makes sense??
    Surely you can't be serious.
    Well, I will probably never be able to justify the $ in rational terms, but it's an emotional purchase so I'm not ruling out buying one. I've been barely riding the last few years and I'm looking for something different to spark me. I kinda like the Harley Breakout, but they are not cheap either and come with pretty sad performance for the money. No interest in a vmax or vrod, I've ridden both.
    More realistic for me might be a Duc street fighter, but I do want to check the diavel out before I buy anything. And I'm pretty much sold on going back to a twin.

Buy jc's street fighter.

Theres little about this diavel that makes sense. I'm not trying to harsh your mellow, it's just not a sensible bike. By all means, burn the tires off the thing.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Is that bike posted here for sale? I'll search for it.

One thing I'm not after is a sensible bike. I considered a motard, but that's off the chart for nonsensical and I have an MX machine to scratch that itch. I'll probably take a look at some of the non-sport bike Triumphs, but I really think I want a twin.

I also LOVE the xDiavel....

My next bike will be a used Diavel, no doubt...

Seacoast shows one as in stock.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i went through this a few years ago. barely rode my street bike. one year i didnt even register it.
    i needed something different and fun. i bought my 690 SM and that was it, its what i needed.

the breakout looks cool i guess but youre right, lack luster performance and ill handling. a low rider may be more up your alley or if youre looking for some more comfort for long miles/storage then maybe a road king. police road kings can be found for far less money than a regular road king. HD is releasing a low rider S soon that will come with the 110" motor in it. HDs bolt on 117" kit should fit as well, so you could be looking at 114hp/114ft lbs HD that is relatively "light" and will actually handle. thats just my opinion though

the diavel is definitely interesting. id like to ride one sometime. looks very batman. i briefly took a spin a new v max and was quite impressed with the GO. i didnt ride it far enough to get any more of an opinion on it though. the streetfighter is one that looks good on paper. i took JCs out for a spin on the track. lots of GO to push your eyeballs back. lots of WHOA to pull them back out.

i think you need to figure out what characteristics in a bike would get you to ride it more. then find the bikes that fit that. i didnt need to go 120 mph everywhere and thats why i got rid of my SV1k, because thats what i was doing. i needed something slower but fun. the supermoto only goes 100 or so but it does 70 everywhere. highway, back roads, school zones, sidewalks, you name it. and wheelies. with all the wheelies, youd think i would be better at them.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    i went through this a few years ago. barely rode my street bike. one year i didnt even register it.
    i needed something different and fun. i bought my 690 SM and that was it, its what i needed.

the breakout looks cool i guess but youre right, lack luster performance and ill handling. a low rider may be more up your alley or if youre looking for some more comfort for long miles/storage then maybe a road king. police road kings can be found for far less money than a regular road king. HD is releasing a low rider S soon that will come with the 110" motor in it. HDs bolt on 117" kit should fit as well, so you could be looking at 114hp/114ft lbs HD that is relatively "light" and will actually handle. thats just my opinion though

the diavel is definitely interesting. id like to ride one sometime. looks very batman. i briefly took a spin a new v max and was quite impressed with the GO. i didnt ride it far enough to get any more of an opinion on it though. the streetfighter is one that looks good on paper. i took JCs out for a spin on the track. lots of GO to push your eyeballs back. lots of WHOA to pull them back out.

i think you need to figure out what characteristics in a bike would get you to ride it more. then find the bikes that fit that. i didnt need to go 120 mph everywhere and thats why i got rid of my SV1k, because thats what i was doing. i needed something slower but fun. the supermoto only goes 100 or so but it does 70 everywhere. highway, back roads, school zones, sidewalks, you name it. and wheelies. with all the wheelies, youd think i would be better at them.
    Sounds like you know exactly where I am coming from. I've got a really nice 600 that I never ride. I want a twin, something with more low grunt and still plenty of top end for the odd blast here and there. I do not want another sportbike. I've ridden a couple husky 510sm's, and they were great but a motard just isn't exciting me right now, especially since I have a CR to rip on.
    The xdiavel is making me think stupid, but I could have a SF1098 for 1/3 the price - and I've ridden the 1098 so I know what I'd be getting into. And I could do track days again with it. That's probably the bike for me..

Anybody want to buy a super clean 07 GSXR??

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Sounds like you know exactly where I am coming from. I've got a really nice 600 that I never ride. I want a twin, something with more low grunt and still plenty of top end for the odd blast here and there. I do not want another sportbike. I've ridden a couple husky 510sm's, and they were great but a motard just isn't exciting me right now, especially since I have a CR to rip on.
    The xdiavel is making me think stupid, but I could have a SF1098 for 1/3 the price - and I've ridden the 1098 so I know what I'd be getting into. And I could do track days again with it. That's probably the bike for me..

Anybody want to buy a super clean 07 GSXR??
    Have you considered a Monster? Or the new KTM SuperDuke? Moto Guzzi Griso? BMW R1200R or R-nineT? EBR 1190SX?

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

The first two on your list yes, and I'm looking into those further. The other three no, and I have little to no knowledge of them. I'll take a look

Fuck. Indian Scout.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Fuck. Indian Scout.
    I hear he's not keen on them.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    I hear he's not keen on them.
    Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    Have you considered a Monster? Or the new KTM SuperDuke? Moto Guzzi Griso? BMW R1200R or R-nineT? EBR 1190SX?

PhilB
    Or the Yamaha FZ-07, FZ-09 or XSR900, or the Kawasaki Z1000 or Z800, or the Suzuki GSX-S1000 or GSX-S750, or the Honda CB1100, CB1000R or CB650F...there are literally so many naked/standards out there nowadays you'd have to be totally blind not to notice the glut of them.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

The Diavel is a pretty interesting bike to ride. Superbike motor in a power cruiser is more entertaining than I would have though. It leans way over too. It takes a little effort to keep it there as the fat rear tire wants to stand the thing back up. Like a weeble.

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    The Diavel is a pretty interesting bike to ride. Superbike motor in a power cruiser is more entertaining than I would have though. It leans way over too. It takes a little effort to keep it there as the fat rear tire wants to stand the thing back up. Like a weeble.
    Yup. Awesome ride. Just hold the countersteer and its not much effort at all. The suspension and brakes are amazing as well.

Ill take mine a 2013 in blue with the white stripe, add a Termi exhaust and the small backrest and she and I will ride for hours....

It can power wheelie too!

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    ... I've got a really nice 600 that I never ride. I want a twin, something with more low grunt and still plenty of top end for the odd blast here and there. ...

PhilB
    Or the Yamaha FZ-07, FZ-09 or XSR900, or the Kawasaki Z1000 or Z800, or the Suzuki GSX-S1000 or GSX-S750, or the Honda CB1100, CB1000R or CB650F...there are literally so many naked/standards out there nowadays you'd have to be totally blind not to notice the glut of them.
    Yes, but he has specifically said he prefers the power delivery of a 2-cyl engine, so that narrows the field by a lot, and indeed eliminates every bike you mentioned except the FZ-07.

PhilB

Last edited by PhilB; 02-26-16 at 04:49 PM.
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises

yeah but a triple can scratch the itch of torque as well

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Guys, the dude is looking at a Diavel. None of those bikes is anything like it. LOL

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    yeah but a triple can scratch the itch of torque as well
    He has already said he's not crazy about triples and wants a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    Guys, the dude is looking at a Diavel. None of those bikes is anything like it. LOL
    He stated what he wants it for, so *I* made some suggestions that might meet his actual stated desires, perhaps even better than the Diavel.
    ... I want a twin, something with more low grunt and still plenty of top end for the odd blast here and there. ... And I could do track days again with it. ...
    The rest of y'all are just flinging shit. Sheesh. You're getting some warm days up there; get out and ride.

PhilB

He has already said he's not crazy about triples and wants a twin.
    actually what he said was..
    I'll probably take a look at some of the non-sport bike Triumphs, but I really think I want a twin.

I welcome all the suggestions, really not sure what I'm going to do.

Going to keep my 600 regardless. Found yesterday that my servo for the SET valve was nonfunctional and throwing an error code. Removed the whole system and the stock cat/can. Good excuse to order a new pipe!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast