Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Diavel

Diavel

Well the new V4 version is announced and has my interest. Now that I’m older than dirt it’s probably time to step off the sportbike and get a fast recliner.

This thing is an Italian VMax, and I love the look of the black one. The four outlet pipe is a wonky butt trumpet but Termi will probably have an upgrade for that soon. Only downside is the staggering price rumored to be well over $20k

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Diavel

$27k, but fuck it. It’s only money. The bike has always been appealing to me, for sure. Metric power cruiser. The only thing I’m not crazy about are the machine surfaces on the face of the rear wheel, YMMV.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    $27k, but fuck it. It’s only money. The bike has always been appealing to me, for sure. Metric power cruiser. The only thing I’m not crazy about are the machine surfaces on the face of the rear wheel, YMMV.
    Yeah there are a few styling bits I’m not crazy about but they are minor/fixable. My other concern is size of the bike/ergos. There’s a couple of the current gen around my neighborhood and they have the monkey/fuck/football look going down the road…
    I’ve been out here for four years and the only toy I’ve bought was an old Aprilia. Can’t take it with you and all that….I’ll at least test ride when available.

Great bay gave me one when I had my speed in for service ten or so years ago. If I get another bike that will be it. I absolutely loved it.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Great bay gave me one when I had my speed in for service ten or so years ago. If I get another bike that will be it. I absolutely loved it.
    Awesome to hear, and I assume it fit you well. Can I ask how tall you are?

5'11" 32" inseam normal wingspan. Fit awesome, road back roads, highway and downtown Boston. I really did love it. Definitely took a little to get used to the position but after that felt very comfortable and certainly sporty enough. Power was a hoot. Chirped and slid second without much thought.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    5'11" 32" inseam normal wingspan. Fit awesome, road back roads, highway and downtown Boston. I really did love it. Definitely took a little to get used to the position but after that felt very comfortable and certainly sporty enough. Power was a hoot. Chirped and slid second without much thought.
    Cool, thanks for the info. I’m 6-1 but similar inseam, might be a good fit. Going to hit one of the valley Duc dealers this weekend to check out the current gen and then see about trading my Ape. If it’s true love I can upgrade to the new model later on (or not).

Tbh I wouldn’t shy away from the current model. Big twin power should be a hoot, may be able to get price consideration as the V4 has been announced and the “older model” will be “less desirable.”

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

I have spent good bit of time on the V2 versions - not a fan. The motor and power is great but the seating position is all wrong for the amount of power. Just wrong. The seat puts your ass right above the rear wheel - try hitting a bump at speed mid corner and not peeing a little.

Having said that it is remarkably light - the brakes are awesome, handling is fine on glassy smooth pavement. Just don't tap the power - stick more to the cruiser and you will love it.

I rode a V2 while my SF was being serviced at Seacoast. It had plenty of power, seemed light, and handled surprisingly well. Pegs did touch down pretty early. Ergos were a bit strange. Seem to recall the rear tire size was an odd ball and maybe the tank capacity was small. Probably wouldn't matter as nobody was going too far on it.

Lifer

Diavel-820d51e4-91be-4540-bc9d-5eb52ad7c0d7

Your park avenue leads to..

I think the Diavel fits a very specific niche. Personally, I'd rather have just a cruiser or just a powerful street bike (naked bike?) or maybe both since these things seem to cost so much nowadays.

When I rode one of the V2's, I was impressed with power and all but it wasn't comfortable enough for me as a cruiser and wasn't sporty enough for me either. Maybe I just didn't like the riding position? I do think they do look pretty good though and are pretty much one of the only options if this type of bike works for you -- I'd love to ride a Rocket III to compare.

I was with KLP back in the day when these were first introduced doing the demo rides and this is what I recall .

They provided us with really nice ones with Termi exhausts , the better suspension set ups , maybe a better chip or map put in .

I really liked them , they were a blast to ride for the 25 mile , 40 minute loop.

There were some reliability problems however.

The key fob proximity sensors / signals were failing , fortunately there was a code you could enter manually to buy pass and get the bike started .

We lost several bikes to transmission problems , bad ones where they would either totally fail and need to get rescued or KLP and I would get them into 2nd or 3rd gear and then give the customer our bike and limp it back in the one gear we did have .

Besides one incident where a customer spun up the rear (at a light no less) and hammer driving into the asphalt they performed well .

What do I know though ?

20 plus years of whiskey throttling Hayabusa’s have clouded my judgement , but If I had a spare 30,000 and could find a sidecar for one I would be down .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diavel-d874a8f4-df55-4fc3-9bb5-efad4f284660  

Last edited by TIMMYDUCK; 11-11-22 at 06:18 AM.
    TIMMYDUCK

fuckin' Timmy. Your my hero buddy.

When i have my vfr1200 i used to ride with some guys that had big bore sport bikes,

It made great noises, but it just looked awkward like it had no business railing corners. Me and the guy did some roll on drags with it and get gets going in a hurry, then becasue its naked it loses that lead.

Id totally buy one to fuck off around town, but i dont think it would work for my "one" bike

The proximity key is a huge issue with Ducati. Mine worked great, until it didn't. I didn't do anything to it and I'm careful not to drop the key. It stopped working so I have to use the key code each time. Not really a big deal but now your adding "press and hold the ignition button, enter your code correctly, wait for ignition to come on, start bike" as a sequence after you glove and helmet up. Getting replacement fobs and programming, so it works like it should is more complicated than coordinating a moon landing.

Last edited by 01xj; 11-11-22 at 11:33 AM.