Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Directions to the track?

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Directions to the track?

Or the title should read: which is the fastest/quickest way to get to the track? lol

I'm used to drive up 91North all the time, going thru Brattleboro, White River, etc. when I go to Quebec. 91 is highway, no traffic or very little, easy to pass. So I'm wondering, instead of taking Mass Pike towards Boston and then 93, and get all the traffic, I should take 91 North (which is only 2 minutes away from home), then either go all the way up to Lebanon and take route 89 up to Loudon OR, take 91 North, then route 9 in Brattleboro up to Loudon?? My question is...is route 9 a clean, easy to pass cars road, or will I get stucked village to village behind Sunday slow drivers? If I take 91 North up to Lebanon NH and then route 89, it's highway all the way, fast, easy to pass, no traffic. What do you think??

P.S. It takes me about 1 1/2 hour to get to White River/Lebanon NH exit 10S from I-91N...I figured probably at least 30 minutes more to get to the track from there? I drive an average speed of +/- 80 miles an hour.

Oh and...what time do I need to be there?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MissTwisties; 05-10-04 at 10:09 AM.
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Directions to the track?

I think the track'll be more like 1:20 from White River on 89.

Route 9 has passing zones but it goes through villages too. It's especially slow around Keene. It'll likely take longer but it's a nice road.

30 mins from wr lolol by plane that aint ct or mass

Originally posted by MissTwisties
    Or the title should read: which is the fastest/quickest way to get to the track? lol

I'm used to drive up 91North all the time, going thru Brattleboro, White River, etc. when I go to Quebec. 91 is highway, no traffic or very little, easy to pass. So I'm wondering, instead of taking Mass Pike towards Boston and then 93, and get all the traffic, I should take 91 North (which is only 2 minutes away from home), then either go all the way up to Lebanon and take route 89 up to Loudon OR, take 91 North, then route 9 in Brattleboro up to Loudon?? My question is...is route 9 a clean, easy to pass cars road, or will I get stucked village to village behind Sunday slow drivers? If I take 91 North up to Lebanon NH and then route 89, it's highway all the way, fast, easy to pass, no traffic. What do you think??

P.S. It takes me about 1 1/2 hour to get to White River/Lebanon NH exit 10S from I-91N...I figured probably at least 30 minutes more to get to the track from there? I drive an average speed of +/- 80 miles an hour.

Oh and...what time do I need to be there?
    get on rt 9 in Vt east all the way 2 89 south get off on 93 then
    106 its a good 90 mins from when you get of 91 if i remember right its 80 more miles from the gas sta. right after the bridge on 9 when ya get in NH i would figure 2 hours if its your first time
    ps look out for the LEOs i got a ticket on 9 last year

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Directions to the track?

If you do rte 9 figure 1:45 + to track.

'04 600RR

Directions to the track?

Yeah I guess I was wrong about the 30 minutes from WR to Concord...LOL

Fok it, I'm gonna take the Mass pike towards Boston and then get on 93 up to exit 15E to get to the track. I don't want to spend 3 hours on the road! It says on Tony's website that it opens at 7am..but what time do I need to be there? Anyone knows?

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Directions to the track?

90 - 290 - 495 - 93 - 106

7-7:30am. I see Derek has to prep your bike, better make it 7.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Directions to the track?

From Holyoke, I take the route that leglspeed just posted. It takes 2.5-3hours. If I'm riding a motorcycle, then I take rt. 91 to 9. It takes 2.5-3 hours. It can be done faster in either direction, but I've gotten tickets on both routes, so I take it easy.

Paul_E_D

Directions to the track?

OMG....that means I'd have to get up at 3am and leave at 4 a.m.!!!! Oh la la....I think I should consider leaving later in the evening before and sleep somewhere near the track in my car. Is there a place for people to camp or something at or near the track?

Sorry for all the questions, but it just doesn't make sense for me to wake up at 3am, leave at 4 to be at the track at 7. I'd be dead walking...lol

camp @ the track??? im not surespeek up

crazy chick

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Directions to the track?

It's definitely best to drive up the night before from this distance. It's absolutely exhausting to drive 6 hours (total) and ride all day...

Most people stay at the Red Roof Inn near the track for about 60 bucks. Since you got free day, I'd consider it money well spent... There is a campground right before the track on 106 if you need to sleep on the ground.

Tony has a link to the Red Roof site from his trackday pages...

Paul_E_D

Re: camp @ the track??? im not surespeek up

Originally posted by beet
    crazy chick
    not crazy! But how am I suppose to keep up during the day if I get half a night of sleep waking up at 3a.m.? lol Hotels are out of the question. Camping is a solution. Sleeping in my car also. I don't know that area at all, so that would just be nice to know if there is any spots I could park for the night..LOL

I guess I'll just drive up there and figure out a spot safe enough for me to rest.

Directions to the track?

Originally posted by Paul_E_D
    It's definitely best to drive up the night before from this distance. It's absolutely exhausting to drive 6 hours (total) and ride all day...

Most people stay at the Red Roof Inn near the track for about 60 bucks. Since you got free day, I'd consider it money well spent... There is a campground right before the track on 106 if you need to sleep on the ground.

Tony has a link to the Red Roof site from his trackday pages...
    Red Roof Inn is $70/night, I checked, not an option for me right now, Man God can't help with that. A campground would be good, I made a search on Google for Concord and Loudon NH campgrounds and cannot find anything...if anyone find a link let me know!

I'm used to drive 6+ hours a day when I go back and forth in Quebec the same day, but I leave around 9a.m. and come back in the evening. I'm tired, but not exhausted, it's different I guess for people not used to do such a long road.

Directions to the track?

Ok! I found a web address for "cascade campground" about 6 miles away from the track, on route 106...must be the one Paul E-D was talking about. It's $22/night, so it's not expensive, there is showers and everything I'd need!

Directions to the track?

But you're not understanding... trackday is a physical and mental drain. You WILL be tired.

I do this all the time, and it still takes me a few days to recover from the soreness in my legs and abs plus general fatigue that a trackday inflicts...

You won't find most campgrounds on-line as they are often mom and pop businesses. Just look on the right as you approach the track on 106. I think it's 10 bucks.

It's gonna be a blast!

Paul_E_D

Directions to the track?

Oh boy, yeah ok, I understand now what you mean, it's not only driving, it's driving AFTER a day at the track...yeah I guess I'll be tired...lol But I'm sure I'll be tired with a huge grin on my face!!

ok, I'll check on route 106 before the track for the campground. The one I found online is Cascade campground, $22/night. If there is another one at $10, it's even better. I'll most likely be sleeping in my car anyway, I just need a place with showers and water...LOL Thanks a bunch!

Directions to the track?

Find someone to share a room and you're in it for not much more than camping. Whatever you do, by all means stay near the track the night before.

Directions to the track?

Yeah I guess I was wrong about the 30 minutes from WR to Concord...LOL

I've done it in close to 30 minutes before, but I have to put my neck in traction afterward

Honda (RC26) VFR700
    "hey Randy, do a wheelie!!"

Directions to the track?

Originally posted by wastedincome420
    I've done it in close to 30 minutes before, but I have to put my neck in traction afterward
    LOL...well, the "usual" people telling me how much time it need to get somewhere drive the speed limit or just over it...I'm always at an average of 75-80 miles an hour on highway, sometimes (rarely) I go up to 85. So no need to say that I'm the one passing most cars and getting where I want faster.

I've found many campgrounds websites on the net a few minutes ago...a few located in Epsom, one in Loudon, and one in...don't remember. I'll be ok. Let me know if some of you are meeting somewhere at night to have some fun or something? i'd like to join instead of being alone in a dark, wooded campsite!

One CRUCIAL STEP

93 to >>>>>393<<<<<<East..........................!
    (Randyo on this one)
    Am I the only one on this or am I missing a short cut?

Everytime I go (Like last week) to Loudon its 93 into Concord, then exit (15?) onto 393 East, then exit (3?) onto 9 / 106, left at the OFF RAMP lights and ~8 miles to the Track on right. SECOND MAIN building entrance.............
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by legalspeed
    90 - 290 - 495 - 93 - 106

7-7:30am. I see Derek has to prep your bike, better make it 7.

Last edited by Suf Daddy; 05-10-04 at 09:40 PM.
    Suf Daddy.

Directions to the track?

that would be 393, not 293

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Directions to the track?

"Whatcha Talkin' about Willis?"
    RandyO, 1 point. - Suf Daddy

Originally posted by RandyO
    that would be 393, not 293

Suf Daddy.

Directions to the track?

Im new here but I'll see you at the track. I'll be there with my brother and two friends. Btw, RT 9 is a nice ride since they created a bypass around one of the slower towns. Not muck fun pulling a trailer but great on a bike

Directions to the track?

Well I ain't puling a trailer, SprintPoser is pulling my baby! I'll be in my little green Hyundai Elantra, listening to my CD's outloud and having a grin from to ear to ear on my face going to the track. lol I'll probably do route 91 north up to route 9 in Brattleboro, as I really don't find anything interesting doing highway to Boston with all the traffic and the smelly exhausts...

ya can't get there from here, unless ya pasted it yet

Well I ain't puling a trailer, SprintPoser is pulling my baby! I'll be in my little green Hyundai Elantra, listening to my CD's outloud and having a grin from to ear to ear on my face going to the track. lol I'll probably do route 91 north up to route 9 in Brattleboro, as I really don't find anything interesting doing highway to Boston with all the traffic and the smelly exhausts...

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules

Directions to the track?

uh? Beet, can you translate please, I don't understand what you just said...