Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Re: Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

International bike life!

So far I have done wheelies in Thailand, Cambodia, Mexico, and Ibiza...need to lengthen that list

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    International bike life!

So far I have done wheelies in Thailand, Cambodia, Mexico, and Ibiza...need to lengthen that list
    Guess we finally found out who the Ghost rider is!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

pretty common sense, and not enough discussion of the mentality, but I enjoyed it

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

You meet the nicest people on a GSXR.

Riding around tonight and stopped at Castle Island. Two guys on GSXR’s there, one a brand new 1000 ABS. The other guy turned out to be a BPD Officer.

We were talking about this subject. He said they do get a LOT of complaints. Their policy is not to pursue. He said, “They’re really dumb, and store them all together in obvious places.” Often they get tipped by neighbors, and go in with a warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    “They’re really dumb, and store them all together in obvious places.”

or they just don't give a shit because they're just gonna go steal more...

2012 Tiger 800 XC

https://advrider.com/is-springfields...s-the-answer/u

Acting on direction from Acting Police Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood, Springfield’s city police started “undercover” operations using dual sport bikes. The activities have resulted in several arrests. But as an additional measure, police have seized the offender’s dirt bikes.

Now, the Springfield City Council has petitioned the state legislature to allow police to seek court-ordered forfeiture of the seized dirt bikes at the first offense. Forfeiture would occur if the person operating the dirt bike were driving dangerously, exceeding noise limits, or storing the vehicle inside a residence.

Last edited by Garandman; 07-25-19 at 07:33 AM.

I'll take "shit boot-lickers say" for $200 please, Alex."

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

We had a chance to see this from a little different perspective a few months ago. Riding back up from twisty nirvana one of us needed a tire so we stopped in at a local dealer. The place was huge but we noticed it had a sign that said due to recent thefts dirt bikes stored off premises.

We got to chatting and it seems the 12 o'clock boys hit them. They had a ton of kids surround the place and then smashed the big windows out. They grabbed as much as they could while a few adults threw them into box trucks while the alarm was screaming in the background.

Watching the security footage was an interesting perspective compared to watching the documentary on them. They were definitely coordinated and "calm" in the chaos. Not their first rodeo.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

I will always remember in Phili watching out a window,

A van pulls up, 4 guys get out, sport bike into van , drive away, less than 30 seconds

drag racing days

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Lifer

"Right now they are just sitting there in a storage bin, so crushing them would be an option to get rid of them,” said Walsh. ” If you resell them a lot could end up getting back in the wrong hands again."

I'll never understand how destruction of functional property makes sense. It's short-sighted.

I feel like these bike-life problems are going to end up screwing the few who might take a quick test-run down the neighborhood street to check a carb tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    We had a chance to see this from a little different perspective a few months ago. Riding back up from twisty nirvana one of us needed a tire so we stopped in at a local dealer. The place was huge but we noticed it had a sign that said due to recent thefts dirt bikes stored off premises.

We got to chatting and it seems the 12 o'clock boys hit them. They had a ton of kids surround the place and then smashed the big windows out. They grabbed as much as they could while a few adults threw them into box trucks while the alarm was screaming in the background.

Watching the security footage was an interesting perspective compared to watching the documentary on them. They were definitely coordinated and "calm" in the chaos. Not their first rodeo.
    I don't really understand how that's a 'different' perspective. Motorcycle theft, or just robbery of any kind, isn't new.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post

I don't really understand how that's a 'different' perspective. Motorcycle theft, or just robbery of any kind, isn't new.
    Maybe you haven't seen the 12 o'clock boys on Youtube?

The different perspective was seeing the effect of what these hood rats do to regular people instead of glorifying the "lifestyle". That side of the story is never really shown.

What also stood out to me was that it was a coordinated attack that effected several dealers in the mid-atlantic area. The scale of it was more then a quick opportunistic burglary and I never really thought about the fact adults use kids so in the unlikely event they are caught they get slapped on the wrist and put back on the streets.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Yeah, so “hood rats” is racist. Nice one, George.

Lifer

Maybe you haven't seen the 12 o'clock boys on Youtube?
    Has anyone not?
    The different perspective was seeing the effect of what these hood rats do to regular people instead of glorifying the "lifestyle". That side of the story is never really shown.
    When you say 'shown', it seems more like what you mean is under-represented in the social discussion. People can't stop mentioning stolen bikes any time the bike-lyfe crowd comes up. So I certainly wouldn't call it under-represented. Or were you expecting their videos to start out with the provenance of the bikes during the introductions?
    I never really thought about the fact adults use kids so in the unlikely event they are caught they get slapped on the wrist and put back on the streets.
    I think crack dealers figured that out back in the 80's, and it's probably even older than that. Wouldn't be surprised if happened in prohibition era too.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post

When you say 'shown', it seems more like what you mean is under-represented in the social discussion. People can't stop mentioning stolen bikes any time the bike-lyfe crowd comes up. So I certainly wouldn't call it under-represented.
    Fair enough. I guess just seeing the scale of it vs. one off convos caught me off guard.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Yeah, so “hood rats” is racist. Nice one, George.
    Only racist if that's how you choose to interpret it. It's a color blind term until you put your own spin on it.

Plenty of hood rats on meth mile in Boston and they're more white then anything else.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Only racist if that's how you choose to interpret it. It's a color blind term until you put your own spin on it.

Plenty of hood rats on meth mile in Boston and they're more white then anything else.
    I know that you're an independent free-thinker and all, but the rest of us here on planet Earth understand that term does and always has had explicit racial undertones, so we don't say things like that. I know we're living in the post-facts era now but you don't get to arbitrarily assign fresh meanings to well established words and phrases under the guise of being so woke.

I know that you're an independent free-thinker and all, but the rest of us here on planet Earth understand that term does and always has had explicit racial undertones, so we don't say things like that. I know we're living in the post-facts era now but you don't get to arbitrarily assign fresh meanings to well established words and phrases under the guise of being so woke.
    Potato Potahto.

Urban Dictionary...

TOP DEFINITION
    Hoodrat
    a) person who lives and exhibits attitudes of inner city life. usually a negative connotation that implies poor upbringing, bad manners, little to no education and low class behavior

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Potato Potahto.

Urban Dictionary...

TOP DEFINITION
    Hoodrat
    a) person who lives and exhibits attitudes of inner city life. usually a negative connotation that implies poor upbringing, bad manners, little to no education and low class behavior
    HEY YOU FORGOT TO FINISH QUOTING FROM THAT PAGE ON URBAN DICTIONARY, LEMME FINISH FOR YOU

"A low-class, urban female or male who displays very little to no morals or self-respect that happens to live in an impoverished neighborhood. The Caucasian variation of the Hood Rat are known as Trailer Trash."

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    HEY YOU FORGOT TO FINISH QUOTING FROM THAT PAGE ON URBAN DICTIONARY, LEMME FINISH FOR YOU

"A low-class, urban female or male who displays very little to no morals or self-respect that happens to live in an impoverished neighborhood. The Caucasian variation of the Hood Rat are known as Trailer Trash."

There are a ton of other definitions on that page as well. I used the top one. Keep cherry picking.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Always fun to see racist white dudes getting squirmy when they get called out for being racist. Great source though. Urban Dictionary. It says "Urban" so the blacks must have okay'd it.

There are a ton of other definitions on that page as well. I used the top one. Keep cherry picking.
    Cherry picking the number 2 definition. Lol.

I bet "hood" doesn't mean ghetto either.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Always fun to see racist white dudes getting squirmy when they get called out for being racist. Great source though. Urban Dictionary. It says "Urban" so the blacks must have okay'd it.
    Make fun of it all you want but I did try to enter “McConville” as racing in an organization purposely as an amateur for over a decade in order to collect trophies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Cherry picking the number 2 definition. Lol.

I bet "hood" doesn't mean ghetto either.

Depends. It’s the hood of the car. The milk brand.

You sure you can say blacks now? I thought the PC term was "people of color" now. If we're basing racism on word definition you must be racist as well then

Last edited by e30addict; 07-26-19 at 10:11 AM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

And now we’ve reached the “I’m not racist, you’re racist” portion of the argument. Keep it up, you’re doing great, George.

So if you're high enough on your pedestal you can use a word that has racist connotations and not be considered a racist. Got it. One day I hope to have ladder long enough to reach the heights you sit at

2012 Tiger 800 XC