Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Re: Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Every word has racist overtones in 2019.
    Shut your manhole!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So I think we've covered nearly all phases at this point; first we try and reinvent the word, then the definition is cherry picked, then it was 'I'm not racist you are,' then ivory towers, then 'but Degsy did it too,' and now we've reached 'well everything is considered racist nowadays.'

Its really a simple test that has never really changed: would you say it in front of a black person? If the answer is "no" then its racist. How many of you would throw around the term "hood rats" in front of your black friends? I'm going to guess none of you, and if you act/speak one way when you think it's "safe" vs when in mixed company, that makes you a bit of a cunt doesn't it?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    So I think we've covered nearly all phases at this point; first we try and reinvent the word, then the definition is cherry picked, then it was 'I'm not racist you are,' then ivory towers, then 'but Degsy did it too,' and now we've reached 'well everything is considered racist nowadays.'

Its really a simple test that has never really changed: would you say it in front of a black person? If the answer is "no" then its racist. How many of you would throw around the term "hood rats" in front of your black friends? I'm going to guess none of you, and if you act/speak one way when you think it's "safe" vs when in mixed company, that makes you a bit of a cunt doesn't it?
    Where do you mail your monthly reparations payment?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Where do you mail your monthly reparations payment?
    Last time I checked not being a cunt was free.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You forgot what started this, virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    You forgot what started this, virtue signaling.
    Sweet whataboutism using a term that became popular this year.

And how many of us want to be lectured about race by residents of lily-white suburbs?

“Hood rat” is racist, sexist and class-baiting. According to my BPS-educated kids, using it in school would get you a walk to Guidance. Don’t use it unless you want to sound ignorant.

Get off the high horses. Did someone mention motorcycles?

Last edited by Garandman; 07-31-19 at 01:37 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    And how many of us want to be lectured about race by residents of lily-white suburbs?

“Hood rat” is racist, sexist and class-baiting. According to my BPS-educated kids, using it in school would get you a walk to Guidance. Don’t use it unless you want to sound ignorant.

Get off the high horses. Did someone mention motorcycles?
    Well, I guess i stand corrected. In my ignorance I would call any little shit (black, white, yellow, male, female, gender fluid) a hood rat if they ran with thugs (sorry, people of any race, gender or non-gender who acted like a pack of dogs) just because only some of them will get caught and because society has done them wrong so they can taunt the police and terrorize streets and highways.

I seriously had no idea it was a term aimed at a specific race. I also had no idea it was sexist. I don't know if it is class-baiting, because I don't know what class-baiting is. I also don't have the slightest fucking clue what virtue-signalling is either.

I certainly don't live in the lilly-white suburbs, either.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

It’s all quite absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    //I certainly don't live in the lilly-white suburbs, either.
    Where is that?

Last edited by Garandman; 07-31-19 at 08:04 PM.

Lifer

Where is that?
    You brought it up, you tell us.

You brought it up, you tell us.
    I'm pretty sure Degsy knows where he lives. As most metro Boston towns are 95%+ white, I asked what town he lives in to get the facts.

For example, Norwell

As the PRM makes it almost impossible to ride dirt bikes legally, not sure anyone should be surprised by this phenomena.

Banned

I live in Taunton.

White alone 3,05 85.5%
    Hispanic 2,529 4.5%
    Black alone 1,527 2.7%

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Taunto...achusetts.html

Lily white is used to mean "characterized by or favoring the exclusion of blacks especially from politics."

According to the BPD officers I've spoken with, they get a lot of complaints from within communities about these riders so they feel justified in going after them aggressively.

Whether they infiltrate the groups is unknown to me. They have not publicly acknowledged using dual sports, nor have I seen any. Police bicycles are widespread.

Last edited by Garandman; 08-01-19 at 07:25 AM.

Lifer

I'm pretty sure Degsy knows where he lives. As most metro Boston towns are 95%+ white, I asked what town he lives in to get the facts.

For example, Norwell

As the PRM makes it almost impossible to ride dirt bikes legally, not sure anyone should be surprised by this phenomena.

Do we also want to talk about the fact that houses in your neighborhood are unaffordable and that the impact of gentrification in the city is a huge problem, or that BPS in your reality only means exam or high end charter schools, or that geographic proximity does not equate to actual experience or that during the time our fundamental opinions were formed about these issues, I actually lived in Roxbury, South End and Dorchester for almost 30 years commuting to BLS and Northeastern and not breathing the rarified air of high end academies and ivies.

I like you, but you’ve pushed the Savin Hill and BPS boats way too far into the harbor.

We are both dead solid economic 1%ers and neither of us should be “lecturing” anyone.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Do we also want to talk about the fact that houses in your neighborhood are unaffordable and that the impact of gentrification in the city is a huge problem, or that BPS in your reality only means exam or high end charter schools, or that geographic proximity does not equate to actual experience or that during the time our fundamental opinions were formed about these issues, I actually lived in Roxbury, South End and Dorchester for almost 30 years commuting to BLS and Northeastern and not breathing the rarified air of high end academies and ivies.

I like you, but you’ve pushed the Savin Hill and BPS boats way too far into the harbor.

We are both dead solid economic 1%ers and neither of us should be “lecturing” anyone.
    I think your comments are fair.

Boston has one of the highest levels of income inequality in the country, and gentrification is accelerating with developments just about all the way down the Red Line.

But anyone in Boston who can get their kids into an exam school or charter school would be nuts not to do so: the educational outcomes for most Boston high schools are terrible.

Last edited by Garandman; 08-01-19 at 07:32 AM.

Lifer

No doubt about getting kids into better schools to provide better outcomes and the general state of BPS is a long standing problem.

Our boys went to the local public schools and had a great experience. On the fringes of the debate in Boston, I've actually heard people make the case that every person of means who uses the exam/charter school route is taking seats at these schools away from deserving students who may not have the same choices if they do not get into on of these schools.

The argument was being made to depopulate the great schools of student whose parents could afford private schools to maximize the utilization of these valuable seats for more economically deserving students. The idea of using family income as an inverse element of the acceptance process was mentioned.

p.s. this is way off topic, let's get back to motorcycles...

Providence RI destroyed 17 vehicles. Denver, CO also destroyed confiscated bikes.

Why not auction them off and give the money to the Boys & Girls club or some shit?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Why not auction them off and give the money to the Boys & Girls club or some shit?
    Or maybe back to the original owners, should they be found...

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

way better then 12 o clock boys

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Haven’t heard of any BPD arrests since last Spring.

Well this went bad in Providence! I can understand the frustration of all these dirtbikes, ATV, clusters of people riding and endangering the streets. I hate when I am caught in it. This went bad right from hitting the guy to moving him after he was thrown. Never mind grabbing him by the arm and dragging him, you don't move someone. Wait for the ambulance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOikTWfAiAE

2013 ZX6R-636

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Well this went bad in Providence! I can understand the frustration of all these dirtbikes, ATV, clusters of people riding and endangering the streets. I hate when I am caught in it. This went bad right from hitting the guy to moving him after he was thrown. Never mind grabbing him by the arm and dragging him, you don't move someone. Wait for the ambulance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOikTWfAiAE
    Civil rights warrior in me is outraged, but 53 year old father in me has no sympathy for the rider who got tagged. I'm sick of these assholes at this point.

Mr "I got bullied at school and the girls thought i was a dweeb" hall monitor at the end was a standard police cunt and the reason so many people hate them.

"Do you know what a sidewalk is"? Twat.

I hate those guys riding on the streets and making it dangerous or stressful for all around them. My probably stupid solution is some sort of netting you could put at cross streets to stop everyone. Pull the netting tight and everyone is penned in. Yes, probably some crazy batman type of solution. That said I do feel rear ending a two wheeled vehicle is about as bad of a decision as it gets. And the sidewalk comment, was stupid. Just say please step back. Supposedly the kid has some NESC MX experience. Reopen the RI desert might help, but I don't think it will stop all of this as some just want to raise hell on the streets. I'm just on both ends of a mental see saw right now saying you play like this you get hurt, and WTF did you just do hitting that kid. No answer just random observations and venting!

2013 ZX6R-636