Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Re: Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

https://bpdnews.com/news/2021/5/17/illegal-vehicles

At about 7:46 PM on Sunday May 16, 2021, officers observed two dirt bikes and an ATV in the area of Norfolk Street and Morton Street operating in an unsafe manner while in clear violation of the ordinance relating to the operation of recreational vehicles within the City of Boston. The officers later located the offending vehicles as they were being loaded into an awaiting rental box truck behind Saint Matthew’s Parish Church in the area of 33 Stanton Street in Dorchester. The two dirt bikes and ATV were seized and towed away from the scene. The lone suspect remaining on scene, an adult male from Haverhill, will be cited and summonsed for his violations of the Auto Laws and associated City Ordinances.

At about 9:06 PM on Sunday May, 16, 2021, officers seized eight recreational and off-road vehicles following a traffic stop which was conducted as part of an investigation by the BPD Auto Theft Unit in the area of 27 Gallivan Boulevard in Dorchester. The officers were in the area in response to the overwhelming number of community complaints regarding the operation of off road and recreational vehicles within our neighborhoods when they stopped a rental box truck in connection to their efforts. As a result, officers seized and towed the rental truck along with eight dirt bikes and mopeds which were being stored in the back at the time of the stop. Officers will summons two adult male suspects from Lawrence as part of this ongoing investigation on charges relating to the MA Auto Laws, related offenses and City Ordinances.
    Mattapan area. Don’t believe most of the people doing this are from outside the city: locals seem less likely to be caught.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

2012 Tiger 800 XC

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...haven/2590213/

Arrest of 0.06% of participants….

Three people were taken into custody after the EastCoastin’ motorcycle rally in Gun Wavin’ New Haven on Saturday.

New Haven Police said one of the organizers was taken into custody for inciting a riot and two custodial arrests were made.

The organizer faces breach of peace charges after the Waterfront area was taken over with the stunt show, police said.

“We did arrest the organizer of the event after we had had multiple talks even up until prior to Waterfront being taken over," Police Chief Renee Dominguez said.

About 5,000 people came out for the rally, which is about half of what was expected. In 2020, the EastCoastin’ rally drew a massive crowd, estimated by police to be about 10,000 people.

Police said they were able to keep motorcyclists off the roads and contained to parking lots by towing and ticketing those not following instructions.

Officials seized multiple bikes and also made an arrest for reckless driving during the rally, they said. There were four ordinance violations where bikes were seized and there were six more infractions for public drinking, they said.

Roughly 150 police officers responded to the rally.

Last edited by Garandman; 09-27-21 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    That sucks. Inventories are low and now even less for dealerships to sell and legit consumers to buy. Of course I'm a few months late to the reply.

Last edited by backinthesaddle; 09-27-21 at 10:21 AM. Reason: late to the game
    2013 ZX6R-636

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

Who pays for the 150 police, most on OT?

I live a few miles north of this shit show, their skills are pretty amazing, but seriously fuck em.
    There were so many people that it would have been possible to arrest everyone with out all hell breaking loose.

Yeah they tried to get a permit, but the mayor was like 100 fuck you. and I dont blame him.
    The "leader" if you want to call it got arrested, and the other 2 were some Randoms.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post

Yeah they tried to get a permit, but the mayor was like 100 fuck you. and I dont blame him.
    Did the mayor really think no permit was gonna stop them?

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Agreed. it was all to prove a point. But I think if they didnt want it they should have been in there boots on the ground cracking heads and locking motherfuckers up.

I mean if you have Snapchat and hover over new haven and watch the shit unfold its mind blowing, or just search youtube. its crazy, the "la qunita" party was one for the ages.

Call me old, but i cant believe the shit kids are getting away with.

If they wanted to have a huge ride thought out the city and not break every fucking motor vehicle law known to man I would not be upset.

Last edited by jhawley; 09-27-21 at 02:22 PM.

great job police.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    Agreed. it was all to prove a point. But I think if they didnt want it they should have been in there boots on the ground cracking heads and locking motherfuckers up.

I mean if you have Snapchat and hover over new haven and watch the shit unfold its mind blowing, or just search youtube. its crazy, the "la qunita" party was one for the ages.

Call me old, but i cant believe the shit kids are getting away with.

If they wanted to have a huge ride thought out the city and not break every fucking motor vehicle law known to man I would not be upset.
    The kid from Infamous 508 who drove past a police barricade and parked the bike under a guard rail (losing an arm), or the kid from Lawrence who got paralyzed in NYC after a Range Rover drove over top are both leading candidates.

I have a Vespa sitting at my dad's in Danvers. My Boston tenant/roomies Honda got stolen from our driveway (I think I posted the video). I want to bring the Vespa to Boston, but the real reason I'm not is because I don't want my house to be a target. Don't really care about the Vespa, but more so the rest of my property. They must have "staked" it out or gotten info from a delivery person, because it isn't even remotely visible from the street, and they clearly knew it was sitting there, unlocked.

Fun story, some may remember....I used to bring this Vespa to the track. I was borrowing it from my roommate at the time to use as a pit bike. First Marco crashed it in the gravel. Then Dave knocked himself out cold crashing in the pit bike race. Then a third friend of mine dumped it on the street. When my friend was moving, I was more or less obligated to buying it from him since all my friends dumped it. Granted, he got it for free to begin with from a rich uncle.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

the kid from Lawrence who got paralyzed in NYC after a Range Rover drove over top are both leading candidates.
    That wasn't a kid. He was 32 with a 6 page criminal record ranging from drugs, guns, stolen property etc....

Fuck that guy.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2013/10...iminal-record/

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by e30addict; 09-29-21 at 04:31 AM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

OMG, Boston has a dirt bike problem all of a sudden.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-...gates/38347582

Money on them "doing something" now that someone got attacked. I wonder if it will be better then their "solution" at meth mile that just moved everyone a few blocks over and hides tent city in the middle of the meat market now. Mass and Cass looks better now! Nothing to see here!

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    OMG, Boston has a dirt bike problem all of a sudden.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-...gates/38347582

Money on them "doing something" now that someone got attacked. I wonder if it will be better then their "solution" at meth mile that just moved everyone a few blocks over and hides tent city in the middle of the meat market now. Mass and Cass looks better now! Nothing to see here!
    E30, change your login info, I think rambo has your password

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    E30, change your login info, I think rambo has your password
    Eh, this is what spurred that story in the first place. Just kids looking to have a good time...with your stolen property.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-...iders/38337334

2012 Tiger 800 XC

If only they had public places to ride they’d have an outlet. /sarcasm. I’d like to see them crushed along with the bikes.

2013 ZX6R-636

Anyone ever been stopped in MA for not wearing a helmet?

Reason I ask, never see scooter riders with helmets. Sit at stoplights with police on foot or in cars right next to them. Nothing.

Anyone ever been stopped in MA for not wearing a helmet?

Reason I ask, never see scooter riders with helmets. Sit at stoplights with police on foot or in cars right next to them. Nothing.
    Yes, once, about 7-8 years ago. I was going about a quarter mile from my apartment to a gas station and got pulled over... I had only just moved to MA and didn't realize there was a helmet law (there isn't one in ME). Got a warning.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Back when Riverside was in Union Sq, I was trying to take Eddie's track CBR the 3 blocks down the street for something, which took me right past the local police station during morning shift-change. I probably even had a helmet on, and was doing 5 mph on the shoulder. Whichever dickhead officer I waved/nodded to was super unamused by the lack of a plate. I'm sure they still have their best detectives on the task of recovering that bike.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

That story about the attack, btw, has pretty firmly swung my opinion of the illegal dirtbike crews into "fuck that, time to win some stupid prizes" territory.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Lifer

Another tragedy. Twice pipes = CRF.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mayor-cit...182227513.html

Boston not mentioned, but more “Do not pursue” horror stories.

https://www.advrider.com/how-should-...bikes-and-atvs

Padded bumpers on cruisers so when the cops hit them it's a soft impact, then they can sue the pavement for excessive force.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Banned

Boston not mentioned, but more “Do not pursue” horror stories.

https://www.advrider.com/how-should-...bikes-and-atvs
    "all round perfect kid" except he was riding the streets on a dirtbike at 13 years old. This is so far removed from the life of my 14 year old son, it's unimaginable. Unfortunately, this "perfect kid" had way less than perfect parents and has paid the price for that. Luckily, his dad became a dad just in time for the TV interview and presumably, the impending lawsuit. They can literally smell money the very second something like this happens.

Lifer

“ The “no pursuit” policy is in place in many communities. In contrast, others have no such restrictions, and some, like the City of London, allow specially trained police officers to knock offenders off their machines with other vehicles.:

Now this is entertainment!