Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Re: Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

You'd think some cops who are proficient riders on bikes that aren't 600 lbs. might have some means of aiding in the response to this shit?

Nah, they'd rather sit on the side of the road in a cruiser with donuts and coffee picking people off driving w/ the flow of traffic doing nothing wrong other than driving above an arbitrarily set speed limit.....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

CCS/LRRS #83

weak...let's see sum 12 o'clock stunnaz

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Not to mention going to their jobs so they can pay taxes which pay for those who would
    rather sit on the side of the road in a cruiser with donuts and coffee picking people off driving w/ the flow of traffic doing nothing wrong other than driving above an arbitrarily set speed limit.....

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

So THIS is why traffic is always so bad on the 495 beltway?

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    You'd think some cops who are proficient riders on bikes that aren't 600 lbs. might have some means of aiding in the response to this shit?

Nah, they'd rather sit on the side of the road in a cruiser with donuts and coffee picking people off driving w/ the flow of traffic doing nothing wrong other than driving above an arbitrarily set speed limit.....

So then instead of a cruiser vs a motorcycle you have a Harley vs a sportbike? What good is that going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    So then instead of a cruiser vs a motorcycle you have a Harley vs a sportbike? What good is that going to do?
    I think you missed the part where I said "proficient on a bike that doesn't weigh 600 lbs..." meaning, try using some bikes more suited to catching these ass hats. I had posted a link on Facebook about MN troopers testing their Harley bikes and how pitiful they were in nearly every performance metric. Combine that with the sheer size of "typical" cop bikes and there's no damn way they'll ever catch someone riding in one of these packs. Get em on some big SuMo's or a proper sport bike.... get them undercover and riding w/ these pathetic tool bags and start arresting them, impounding their bikes and crushing them or selling them CHEEP to racers. Nothing is going to stop w/o consequences.

Last edited by scottieducati; 12-29-15 at 01:28 PM.

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    get them undercover and riding w/ these pathetic tool bags and start arresting them, impounding their bikes and crushing them or selling them CHEEP to racers. Nothing is going to stop w/o consequences.
    Undercover cops

Charges Upgraded to Gang Assault for Undercover NYPD Cop in Biker Beating | NBC New York

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Yeah you don't need to go undercover for half a decade to find out where and when these rides are going down. That whole situation in NY is beyond messed up, but the NYPD makes most other departments look like boy scouts.

At the end of the day this doesn't get addressed because.... wait for it.... public safety (particularly on the roads) is simply NOT a priority. If it were, we (MA) wouldn't be letting folks off for DUI at a *staggering rate*. People are NOT stopped and ticked for: tailgating, texting and driving, lack of signalling, aggressive driving, or utter failure to understand Right of Way.

What do we ticket for? Parking violations and "speeding." It's a f*cking joke how we "police" our roads, and what we tolerate from drivers.

CCS/LRRS #83

All about the money. Safety is just the excuse for the extortion.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    Have you seen other clips of what happens when they opt for the "simple arrest" strategy? Nothing. No way to stop them without hitting them.
    Time to start using spike mats on these retards. Or buckshot.

follow them w' helicopter until they duck into a building or run out of gas...then confiscate the bike(s)

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    All about the money. Safety is just the excuse for the extortion.
    Yup. This.

As noted, they have no problem using resources like helicopters, FLIR to track heat, etc. for criminal investigations. Safety just isn't the priority.

CCS/LRRS #83

The concern about no LEA response at all is that this may be seen as license.

Not sure what response would work. BPD strategy seems to be to go after illegally parked, stored or [un]registered bikes while no one is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by sdog30 View Post
    So THIS is why traffic is always so bad on the 495 beltway?
    The Beltway makes Rt 128 look free-flowing.

<shrug>

I guess I just don't see this as a major crime, necessitating major response.
    Not saying it's the right way to act, or it should be encouraged.
    More like: who gives a shit?
    If someone gets hurt, then someone's gotta pay. But I didn't see that. What I saw looked like an impromptu Unadilla, or Loudon Classic back in the day. Yawn. Garden variety hooliganism. Let em play. Bigger fish to fry. At least no one got shot or raped.
    Again, not condoning it, but considering the police had a ridiculously uphill battle to try to stroll into it like big sheriffs, I'm impressed with the restraint not to turn it into a cock size contest.

On the other hand, if I was the chick in the car where the guy recording the video had to tailgate the bikes by 6 feet, I'd have slapped the driver silly...in fact, I wanna slap silly anyone driving when I'm a passenger and the tail the shit out of the vehicle in front.

That's great no one got hurt or shot or whatever but I know how I'd react in the event there was a medical emergency in my vehicle or if I had a flight to catch to that dream vacation I've saved up for and this type of shit were going on. There is absolutely no need to take up a 4 lane highway to enjoy riding motorcycles.

Not to mention pissing off the people that hold the keys to your privilege to ride motorbikes in the first place.

LRRS 878 Clapped out Gixxah

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    That's great no one got hurt or shot or whatever but I know how I'd react in the event there was a medical emergency in my vehicle or if I had a flight to catch to that dream vacation I've saved up for and this type of shit were going on. There is absolutely no need to take up a 4 lane highway to enjoy riding motorcycles.
    Forgot those scenarios, what if I REALLY had to poop?

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

If they had just had a hug. It would all be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    <shrug>

I guess I just don't see this as a major crime, necessitating major response.
    Not saying it's the right way to act, or it should be encouraged.
    More like: who gives a shit?
    If someone gets hurt, then someone's gotta pay. But I didn't see that. What I saw looked like an impromptu Unadilla, or Loudon Classic back in the day. Yawn. Garden variety hooliganism. Let em play. Bigger fish to fry. At least no one got shot or raped.
    Again, not condoning it, but considering the police had a ridiculously uphill battle to try to stroll into it like big sheriffs, I'm impressed with the restraint not to turn it into a cock size contest.

On the other hand, if I was the chick in the car where the guy recording the video had to tailgate the bikes by 6 feet, I'd have slapped the driver silly...in fact, I wanna slap silly anyone driving when I'm a passenger and the tail the shit out of the vehicle in front.
    I think the bigger issue is the police are reluctant to do anything right now because of any potential backlash.

The tail wags the dog right now. I kinda like that in some ways, but not in others.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Warm weather and dry roads?

Keeping Boston Safe: BPD Officers Confiscate 9 Off-Road Vehicles Disturbing and Distressing Motorists in Roxbury:

At about 4:14pm, on Monday, February 1, 2016, officers from District B-2 (Roxbury) responded to a call for a large group of dirt bikes distressing motorists and disrupting traffic in the area of Atherton Street in Roxbury. On arrival, officers learned that the dirt bikes were last seen near a U-Haul storage facility in the area of 989 Mass Ave. While canvassing the area, officers observed a blue Yamaha dirt bike in front of a U-Haul container and a male pushing a second dirt bike into the storage facility.

Officers promptly stopped their cruiser to further investigate their observations. A search of the containers enabled officers to see and seize nine off-road vehicles including several dirt bikes and motor scooters. Additionally, officers observed several improperly stored gas cans. In light of the obvious and immediate fire hazard presented by the gas cans, Boston Fire and Boston Police Hazmat Units were promptly called to the scene.

Once on scene, Boston Fire ordered the vehicles, all nine of them, to be removed from the property. Officers also received information indicating that several of the bikes may have been stolen. The incident remains under investigation and no arrests have been reported at this time.
    Keeping Boston Safe: BPD Officers Confiscate 9 Off-Road Vehicles Disturbing and Distressing Motorists in Roxbury — bpdnews.co

Lifer

Some of these riders might be clowns, but I really dislike the narrative that this is keeping anyone safe. I just don't see the statistically significant increased risk to anyone but themselves. Can't fault the pursuit of stolen vehicles though. That still gives the public something to get all tar-n-feather about.

What constitutes improperly stored gas cans? Especially one warranting special attention from a dedicated Hazmat group.

Last edited by aldend123; 02-02-16 at 08:38 PM.
    nedirtriders.com

Chapter 148: Section 23. Keeping and use of inflammable fluids; permit; fee

Section 23. Except as otherwise provided by rules and regulations of the board of fire prevention regulations, no volatile inflammable fluid except an amount not exceeding one quart contained in an approved safety can and no non-volatile inflammable fluid except an amount not exceeding ten gallons for domestic use shall be kept, used or stored in any part of any building used for habitation,

and no volatile inflammable fluid in quantity exceeding one gallon contained in an approved safety can, and no non-volatile inflammable fluid in quantity exceeding thirty gallons, shall be kept, used or stored, except in the tank of an automobile, motor boat or stationary engine, within fifty feet of any building used for habitation, unless a permit has first been obtained therefor from the head of the fire department under such terms and conditions as he may prescribe. A fee of not more than fifty cents may be charged for any permit granted under the authority of this section.
    Fortunately my shed is 55' from the house.

Last edited by Garandman; 02-03-16 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Also, let's not forget - let's *not* forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Chapter 148: Section 23. Keeping and use of inflammable fluids; permit; fee

Section 23. Except as otherwise provided by rules and regulations of the board of fire prevention regulations, no volatile inflammable fluid except an amount not exceeding one quart contained in an approved safety can and no non-volatile inflammable fluid except an amount not exceeding ten gallons for domestic use shall be kept, used or stored in any part of any building used for habitation,

and no volatile inflammable fluid in quantity exceeding one gallon contained in an approved safety can, and no non-volatile inflammable fluid in quantity exceeding thirty gallons, shall be kept, used or stored, except in the tank of an automobile, motor boat or stationary engine, within fifty feet of any building used for habitation, unless a permit has first been obtained therefor from the head of the fire department under such terms and conditions as he may prescribe. A fee of not more than fifty cents may be charged for any permit granted under the authority of this section.
    I weep at the thought that every state, and probably most municipalities, and a fair number of businesses, employ someone to write laws, rules, and regulations like this. Not to mention the enforcement. A hazmat team for a gas can. Right. I can see if it were ethanol gas though.

I feel like this is similar to getting Capone on income tax evasion. "Uh, we can't charge you for riding stolen bikes like fucktards, but that gas can? It's all over for you homey"

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice