Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Lifer

Re: Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    I weep at the thought that every state, and probably most municipalities, and a fair number of businesses, employ someone to write laws, rules, and regulations like this. Not to mention the enforcement. A hazmat team for a gas can. Right. I can see if it were ethanol gas though.

I feel like this is similar to getting Capone on income tax evasion. "Uh, we can't charge you for riding stolen bikes like fucktards, but that gas can? It's all over for you homey"
    Talk to an inner-city firefighter. Density, old buildings, all wood, etc. I do not find a harsh restriction on keeping flammable liquids in a building "used for habitation" to be unreasonable.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Predictably, someone has found fault with my statement. Perhaps it wasn't clear that I was NOT suggesting storing flammable things inside flammable habitations with reckless disregard. I was pointing to the absurdity of having to have a law for it, and the irony that those who most need such regulations imposed on them are the least likely to be reading through said ridiculously complicated regulations. We're all lawbreakers by those standards.
    Within twenty feet of where I'm typing this are four gas cans, 1000 gallons of heating oil, 100 gallons of motor oil, 60 gallons of waste oil, 15 gallons of gear oil, innumerable aerosol cans, oxy-acetylene torches, five motorcycles (at least), three cars, 50 gallons of windshield washer fluid (an inflammable non-volatile liquid), and who knows what else.

I believe the original intent of this thread was a discussion about what merits proper authority and reaction to antisocial behavior. My reply was highlighting the ludicrous nature of catching idiots with an improperly stored fucking gas can (was it red?).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    Within twenty feet of where I'm typing this are four gas cans, 1000 gallons of heating oil, 100 gallons of motor oil, 60 gallons of waste oil, 15 gallons of gear oil, innumerable aerosol cans, oxy-acetylene torches, five motorcycles (at least), three cars, 50 gallons of windshield washer fluid (an inflammable non-volatile liquid), and who knows what else.
    Over the limit. Under arres.........oh wait, wrong law.

Carry on.

They'll never take me alive! Oh wait, wrong state. Carrying on (and on and on).

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Criminals play the loophole game, LEOs do it too. I guess you weren't really speeding, but since I have you pulled over, where's your seatbelt, and that cologne you have on is pretty strong, hmmm, please step out....

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

These kids ride like dicks and piss everyone off. Several prior confiscations were the result of neighborhood complaints.

So if the PD doesn't respond to the complaints, people complain. And if they do, people complain.

Don't think the people getting back their stolen bikes will complain.

Last edited by Garandman; 02-04-16 at 08:25 AM.

Bahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    These kids ride like dicks and piss everyone off. Several prior confiscations were the result of neighborhood complaints.

So if the PD doesn't respond to the complaints, people complain. And if they do, people complain.

Don't think the people getting back their stolen bikes will complain.
    I didn't mean for my post to sound condescending to the PD. I really don't have a problem with the cops using some side doors to get the job done, per se. But I do wish they'd uphold the law on the roads a bit better across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Dude's flip flow flew right off. Needs better flip flops for street riding.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Ouchie!

Two Suspects in Custody After Operating Dirt Bikes Illegally on Streets of Dorchester — bpdnews.com

At about 3:40 PM on Thursday March 17, 2016, officers assigned to the Auto Theft Unit impounded two dirt bikes and placed two suspects in custody in the area of 1 Shuyler Street in Dorchester.

The officers were on directed patrol in the area in response to numerous recent complaints of recreational and off road vehicle being operated illegally on city streets. The officers observed the suspects, Samuel Bordoy, 21, of Boston and Eddie Lara, 21, of Roslindale, riding two dirt bikes at a high rate of speed, nearly hitting several pedestrians and other vehicles while weaving through lanes of traffic in the area of Seaver Street and Blue Hill Avenue.

Officers activated their lights and sirens in an attempt to pull them over but were unsuccessful. Officers continued to follow the bikes until they saw them pull into the backyard of 1 Shuyler Street where they were able to stop the suspects and place them in custody without incident.

The two suspects were issued numerous traffic citations and will appear in Roxbury District Court on charges of Failure to Stop for a Police Officer, Negligent Operation, Trespassing, Disorderly Conduct, Operating a Motorcycle with a Class D License and Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle.

Last edited by Garandman; 03-19-16 at 08:27 AM.

Lifer

Blue hill ave and Seaver street has been the Wild West since the early 70's.

It is good to hear that complaints are coming from residents.

The latest. There's a shitstorm of comments between the "arrest real criminals," "These hoodlums have got to go," and "We weren't doin nothin" crews.

Boston Police Department (Official) / bpdnews.com - The Boston Police Department's Virtual Community

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016, members of the BPD Auto Theft Unit along with members of the Massachusetts Environmental Police were on patrol in District B-3 (Mattapan) area in response to numerous community complaints about off road vehicles operating dangerously throughout this section of the city.

As officers patrolled, they observed a male operating a red and white dirt bike on Blue Hill Avenue. Over the course of several blocks, officers observed the operator run multiple red traffic signals, “pop wheelies” and stand on the seat of the bike, ride off road through a park crowded with children, weave between vehicles, and cause operators of other vehicles to slow or stop in traffic to avoid hitting or causing injury to the bike operator.

Officers finally found an opportunity to safely stop the dirt bike motorist. As the officers approached, the operator revved the bike’s engine as if attempting to flee or run the officers over. For their safety, the officers grabbed the brake handle of the bike and the vehicle stalled. The operator could not produce a valid license to ride a motorcycle at that time.

Officers arrested the operator, 27-year-old Eric D. Lott of Dorchester, and charged him with Unlicensed Operation of a Motorcycle, Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle/Driving to Endanger, and Disorderly Conduct. He was also cited for Operation of an Unregistered Motorcycle on a Public Way, Operation of an Uninsured Motorcycle on a Public Way, Operation of a Motorcycle without a Helmet, Red Light Violations, and Operation of a Recreational Vehicle on a Public Way.
    Eric Lott Where's my bike... I paid cash and I got paper.. Y'all need to do some real work

Eric Lott Post the video y'all got so y'all can look stupid

Helene Martel I was there. They threw "Disorderly Conduct" in there for nothing. I WAS THERE. MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE. THEY TACKED ON ALL THAT NONSENSE TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD.

Jayden Cineas There was no great police work in this.. Its a freakin dirtbike. How many ppl got shot while you wasted time chasing a bike

Boston Police Department (Official) Actually, no one was shot yesterday! Due to the great work of ALL our officers, shootings are down by 19 compared to last year at this time. This arrest may not seem significant, but these reckless riders are often involved in violent crimes and/or carrying illegal firearms.

Helene Martel This is news? Taking someone's dirt bike?! Paddy wagon, cruisers, unmarked cars, 8-10 cops for one dirt bike rider...overdoing it.

Bobby Curtis Good job by the Cops. As for the obviously unemployed, uneducated, 27 year old idiot on the little ridiculous trail bike, get an f'n life. Eric D Lott, you are a complete A-hole!

Lea Revallion Unemployed, uneducated? Why? Because he's a young black man? Keep your disgraceful, ignorant RACIST comments to yourself. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Bobby Curtis He's racing around in the middle of the day, endangering many innocent kids, adults, pedestrians, motorists and tearing up a city park. It has nothing to do with his race, creed or religion. There are organized tracks that he can go to and actually compete against other racers. At 27 years old, he should take his riding skills and follow a positive adult pathway of success and leadership.
    This is gettin' gud. Lea Revallion is his wife.

Last edited by Garandman; 04-14-16 at 03:02 PM.

....................... PinHead's Avatar

When is the auction?

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

on THIS BIKE?

if they needed to do all that to confiscate this bike fo realz, then LMFAO

Last edited by breakdirt916; 04-15-16 at 01:58 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

"We weren't doin nothin" crews.
    Know your meme!

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Criminal charge and 60 day to one year license suspension for OTE.

Briantey Williams Ohhhhhhhhhhh the nerve of these people. I just can't believe. What we are really touching base on really isn't the fact that an individual was riding a bike down Blue Hill, it was the fact that he was black. And I don't know why I am so shocked because this is the way Boston has always been. If it was a little white boy everyone would have said, "just let him have fun. Boys will be boys", but it's the fact that he was black. A little black boy from Dorchester who you assume is a "gangster" or "street kid" "uneducated" "idiot".. im not saying they are wrong for not registering the bikes. But endangering children is a stretch. you can speak on the fact that they are wrong for not obeying rules of the road. But being openly rude, disrespectful, and simply racist Is wrong. What can you expect from this city though?
    27yo father of two, unregistered, uninsured bike, no helmet, no M license running red lights and won't stop. Not the case I'd want to hang my R card on.

Last edited by Garandman; 04-15-16 at 06:09 AM.

Criminal charge and 60 day to one year license suspension for OTE.

27yo father of two, unregistered, uninsured bike, no helmet, no M license running red lights and won't stop. Not the case I'd want to hang my R card on.
    I mean, 27 year old father of two doesn't really scream irresponsible. And I've ridden race bikes on the road, those are unregistered and uninsured. I did have a M endorsement and a helmet though. Also I'm white, so Im safe.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I mean, 27 year old father of two doesn't really scream irresponsible.
    I believe that was in response to the comment from Ms. Williams: "If it was a little white boy everyone would have said, "just let him have fun. Boys will be boys", but it's the fact that he was black. A little black boy from Dorchester who you assume is a "gangster" or "street kid"

Before my track CBR was stolen, back when Riverside was 3 blocks from my place, I tried to ride it at like 5mph past the Somerville PD station at shift change (just so I didn't have to walk it to Riverside to get tires put on). I was wearing a helmet and everything, but the guy who pulled me over was Super Pissed.

"Where's your plate?!?!"
    There is no plate, sir, this is a track bike.

I'm pretty sure at some point I went with "I'm not really riding it, it's more like I'm walking it with the motor running, know what I'm saying?"

Like I said, Super Pissed.

-Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

The dirt bikes are gone and have been replaced to a bunch of twats riding scooters.

Sigh...

The last comment:

Ashanti Mclaurin @Boston police Department I hope you all are reading all of the ignorant and prejudiced comments that are under your post. I hope you see how people truly feel about the ppl that live in the inner city, and minorities. It's truly sad and now I see why ppl like Trump is in the lead. Racism is still very much alive and I hope you all are prepared for a race war because it's coming!

when do we get our uniforms for the war? Or do we just go by skin color? That sounds a little racist to do it that way though....

Not defending police misconduct when it happens but:

• If BPD doesn't respond to resident complaints, they're racist.
    • If they do, they're "over policing." That's racist.
    • If they let someone get away with something because he's a man of color, that's racist.
    • But if they arrest him? Racist.
    • Most of the responding officers were from the gang unit, predominately minority. Also racist.

Very complicated being a police officer these days.

Last edited by Garandman; 04-19-16 at 10:16 PM.