Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Doc's new toy

  1. #1
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Doc's new toy


    Just picked this up. I have always wanted one. Street legal pitbike to replace my XR100r (which I traded for this).




    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  2. #2
    Just Registered KillBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern, NH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,735

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Doc, Nice find


    Nice M3 too

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3

    Re: Doc's new toy

    i have plactics for that to make it look like a newer r5

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Lifer Pittenger5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    39
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Doc we're gonna schedule your bike intervention at the same time as Dans to save us all a lot of time, that alright with you?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

  5. #5
    Just Registered brendanp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Peabody Assachusetts
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,443

    Re: Doc's new toy


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Just Registered schleppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beverly, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,307

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Time to do some sport touring to break that bad boy in! I wonder where you can find tiny hard bags....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    Time to do some sport touring to break that bad boy in! I wonder where you can find tiny hard bags....
    couldn't you just duct tape some lunch boxes to the side of it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Lifer Kurlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterboro ME
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,864

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Cool, so first things first, replace the front end with an NSR50 setup, that way both fork legs can do something of value. Next is a rear shock-ectomy, again putting in something that has damping. Douglas Wheels makes nice wide rims so you can mount proper rubber.

    For the motor, I suggest binning it. There is a bracket kit that will let you mount an XR100 motor in it's place. That would be too easy though, so start with an XR80 instead (same mounts) which nets you a lighter crank and closer ratio gearbox. Put a nice 115 kit on it, consder replacing the head with a larger valve import unit, a 24mm flat slide carb, and now we're talking fun.

    There is an alternate bracket kit that will let you mount a motor like I run in my 70. 151cc, 16+ HP, enough gumption to crack 90mph... : )

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX

  9. #9
    Lifer R1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Somewhere you dont know...
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,103

    Re: Doc's new toy

    you shoulda bought one of these!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HyZ-raQseg&feature=related/

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between Has Been and Never Was
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Cool, so first things first, replace the front end with an NSR50 setup, that way both fork legs can do something of value. Next is a rear shock-ectomy, again putting in something that has damping. Douglas Wheels makes nice wide rims so you can mount proper rubber.

    For the motor, I suggest binning it. There is a bracket kit that will let you mount an XR100 motor in it's place. That would be too easy though, so start with an XR80 instead (same mounts) which nets you a lighter crank and closer ratio gearbox. Put a nice 115 kit on it, consder replacing the head with a larger valve import unit, a 24mm flat slide carb, and now we're talking fun.

    There is an alternate bracket kit that will let you mount a motor like I run in my 70. 151cc, 16+ HP, enough gumption to crack 90mph... : )
    Or you could enjoy it as the cool toy it is.

    spending all that time and money you could of just bought something Faster

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley Racing #444


    Signature edit by Tricky mike

  11. #11
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    Or you could enjoy it as the cool toy it is.

    spending all that time and money you could of just bought something Faster
    So why do you have a Hawk and an SV as racebikes then? Couldn't you have taken the money you (or somebody else) put into them and gone out and bought bikes that were faster right out of the dealership to race?

    Not trying to cause a controversy with this post, it just struck me as funny that the comment quoted above came from anyone on this board. We all go out and buy whatever bike/toy it is that we like and then spend ridiculous sums of money making it what we really want it to be (or as close as we can) myself included. I figured someone else might get a laugh from it as well.

    Joel

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by weman View Post
    i have plactics for that to make it look like a newer r5
    You selling?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  13. #13
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Doc we're gonna schedule your bike intervention at the same time as Dans to save us all a lot of time, that alright with you?

    The 1st step is admitting I have a problem.

    I have a problem.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  14. #14
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    nice!


    sooo... how u gonna hide it from the wife?
    She already knows and wants to learn to ride it!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  15. #15
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    So why do you have a Hawk and an SV as racebikes then? Couldn't you have taken the money you (or somebody else) put into them and gone out and bought bikes that were faster right out of the dealership to race?

    Not trying to cause a controversy with this post, it just struck me as funny that the comment quoted above came from anyone on this board. We all go out and buy whatever bike/toy it is that we like and then spend ridiculous sums of money making it what we really want it to be (or as close as we can) myself included. I figured someone else might get a laugh from it as well.

    Joel

    Good point.

    I have my OLD toys because they are cheaper to insure, cheaper to mod and cheaper to replace. Good reasons no?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  16. #16
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Good point.

    I have my OLD toys because they are cheaper to insure, cheaper to mod and cheaper to replace. Good reasons no?

    Definitely agree on this one. My TL is a 97 which makes it 11 this spring, with roughly 55-60K miles on it and I still enjoy riding it. Don't get me wrong there are a few new bikes out there that I would love to own but finances being what they are I will keep the old girl around and going for a while longer so that I can continue to enjoy the other things that I do that cost so much money. Damn motards!

    Like I said in my first post though. I just found the comment funny, I guess I have an odd sense of humor, and thought others might find the humor as well.

    Joel

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Just Registered SQUIZZ636's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    nashua
    Age
    37
    Posts
    309

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Nice find



    lis

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    no regrets!!! life is just too short

    01 YZ426 motard (sold)
    99 YZ250 (sold)
    klx 110

  18. #18
    I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Lakes Region, NH
    Age
    15
    Posts
    6,937

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Doc - now that you're rich buy me an atv

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bras cause cancer.

  19. #19
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Not rich, I went from 7 bikes to 4

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  20. #20
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,518

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    There is an alternate bracket kit that will let you mount a motor like bergs runs in his FZ1. 999cc, 146+ HP, enough gumption to crack 2 or 300mph... : )




    I have two coming in Doc....think "shoehorn"...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Just Registered schleppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beverly, MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,307

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by weman View Post
    couldn't you just duct tape some lunch boxes to the side of it?
    I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Well played sir!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between Has Been and Never Was
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    So why do you have a Hawk and an SV as racebikes then? Couldn't you have taken the money you (or somebody else) put into them and gone out and bought bikes that were faster right out of the dealership to race?

    Not trying to cause a controversy with this post, it just struck me as funny that the comment quoted above came from anyone on this board. We all go out and buy whatever bike/toy it is that we like and then spend ridiculous sums of money making it what we really want it to be (or as close as we can) myself included. I figured someone else might get a laugh from it as well.

    Joel
    The SV replaced the hawk Just a slight overlap. I refering to the Fact that is a PIT BIKE to go from turn 1A to The Tech Garages and such, I thought chopping bikes up and replacing motors on a PIT BIKE was just a little exsessive.


    I said this knowing doc has no shortage of projects in his garage He gets the work done and NEVER seems to lose money on these things So thats.

    lighten up francis

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley Racing #444


    Signature edit by Tricky mike

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Beaches of North Carolina
    Age
    40
    Posts
    652

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Im confused, where do these go?



    J/K Thats definitely a cool ride, I love the fact that its streetable.

    -Lou

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Just Registered Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jericho, VT
    Posts
    19,618

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    The SV replaced the hawk Just a slight overlap. I refering to the Fact that is a PIT BIKE to go from turn 1A to The Tech Garages and such, I thought chopping bikes up and replacing motors on a PIT BIKE was just a little exsessive.


    I said this knowing doc has no shortage of projects in his garage He gets the work done and NEVER seems to lose money on these things So thats.

    lighten up francis
    It is not just a pitbike... It will be street legal. I can take it to work and the store and have young kids laugh at me like KB on his moped!....

    Wait, maybe I didn't think this through! My bike is cooler than KB's moped. Right?

    Oh and the only reason I don't lose money is because I have friends who do labor CHEAP!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

  25. #25
    Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between Has Been and Never Was
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: Doc's new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    It is not just a pitbike... It will be street legal. I can take it to work and the store and have young kids laugh at me like KB on his moped!....

    Wait, maybe I didn't think this through! My bike is cooler than KB's moped. Right?

    Oh and the only reason I don't lose money is because I have friends who do labor CHEAP!
    I would ride that thing on the street (not in Boston) Didn't KB win that Vespa?

    No the restored 60's Vespa is Cooler, But the YSR is still cool.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley Racing #444


    Signature edit by Tricky mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Doc's Oct 5/6/7 2007 Report
    By Doc in forum Pit Area
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-07, 01:42 PM
  2. Doc's OIF/OEF videos.
    By Doc in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-07, 06:40 PM
  3. In light of Doc's avatar (Possibly NWS)
    By The Snowman in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-07, 11:53 PM
  4. Doc's filthy box
    By dhuze in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-06, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •