Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

D'OH!

Lifer

D'OH!

Well...

Yesterday I got caught by a police officer on Rt. 123. I was doing about 55 in one of the straight sections like 1 or 2 miles from Rt. 31. He came around the corner and I had slowed to like 49mph (35mph limit) by the time he got me. I just pulled over before he even had time to turn around.

He just gave me a verbal warning cause he said he thought I was being fairly safe and there was no traffic.

Keep your eyes open out there though. It was quite a surprise to see a police officer there. This may make me reconsider getting the radar screamer. (I already have a V1) It was one of those situations where the V1 would have alerted me *way* before he ever could have caught me.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

D'OH!

Last time I was on 123, I got a written warning, in Mason, actually I'm not impressed with it for riding, but its convenient to 119 & MM so it gets ridden a lot, I think the LEO's know that so I plan on staying away

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

D'OH!

123 isn't that great, I agree, but it's very close to me, so I end up out there quite a bit. I've probably done it 20 times in the last year and this was the first time I've ever seen a cop. I was in Mason I think, but I got caught by a Greenville officer.

There was a lot of branches, leaves, etc.. on the road saturday, the pavement is OK but not great, and I had a pickup truck almost pull out on me once, and a VW slam on it's breaks in the middle of one of the hard downhill curves and come to a dead stop so he could take a picture. THAT was worse than getting the warning from the cop. I locked up my rear and the bike did a little shimmy. (I stood up straight before braking, and ended up going like 2 feet over the line and going by the VW)

Ben

D'OH!

damn squirrely kids locking up the rears of SVs...

(good to hear you're safe, dude)

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

D'OH!

I had an adrenalin rush yesterday too, non on my SV, I was riding one of my XV920Rs, had a cage make a left turn in front of me, (my fault, I was going to fast for sight conditions) couldn't swerve into oncoming lane as there was another cage coming too. tapped the rear brake first before applying front brake, freeking thing locked up. Chen Shin tires, but they saved my ass too, cause when I released the brake, it continued to skid and gradually came out of it instead of getting immediate traction and highsiding me. I slowed enuf though for the cage to make it into his driveway.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

D'OH!

i read that one on the SVriders list, randy... scared the piss outta me!

someone once told me that you can ride circles around anyone on NESR and SRNE... and i believe 'im!
    -t

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

D'OH!

someone once told me that you can ride circles around anyone on NESR and SRNE... and i believe 'im!

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, but I do have enuf riding experience to know that a steady pace & not following too close will keep you pretty safe. Now if were talkin riding a streetbike on dirt........

RandyO
    IBA#9560

D'OH!

Yeah??? You couldn't get past me tho out in Vermont now, could you??? Tee hee hee...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

D'OH!

what make ya think I tried?

RandyO
    IBA#9560

D'OH!

Oh, you were tryin'. I just wouldn't letchya. I think that was the first time that we've ridden together that I thought you may actually be able to pass me...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

D'OH!

that road was in good shape, you shoulda seen the 8 miles of NC Rt281, loose gravel, steep hairpin corners, we were goin down hill, I waited 15-20 minutes at the end for Bob, Jon, Peri & Mike to catch up. I admit, it's much easier to ride dirt on a sit up bike like the nekid SV

RandyO
    IBA#9560