Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

any drag racers here?

Two many 2 strokes

any drag racers here?

Im bored.... anyone here drag race? what do you race and do you go to the track much? Im just getting into it.... not good at it yet but trying Next year I will maybe spend a bunch more time up at epping. Do they have a drag racing school for bikes?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Why Lie? It Was Me.... HO-HUM-R1's Avatar

Re: any drag racers here?

I used to take my car up there all the time but i no longer have it. I've been toying with the idea of taking the bike up though. It's a great time... addictive. but I also like corners and it takes two very different bikes to do each one well.

I probably will take it up there every once and a while next year.

2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

i miss that car every time i see the pictures

2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

I do occasionally, my best is 11.67 @ 121 with my subaru

always wanted to go with the bike, but never have.

they close halloween!

Two many 2 strokes

this is not a car dragracing post LOL...nice mustang though You should kick yourself!

Used to go quite often up to NED back in 00'-01' with a 2000 ZX9r. Ti-force pipe, geared, Muzzy lowering links, Techtronics shifter, strapped ran a best of 10.1ET with a few .500 reaction times. Fun times....

I just went for my first time tonight...

03 R6 got a 12.4 my first run and then an 11.4 my third run but I couldn't top it after that. I'll be going more next year for sure!

I just need to chill next time and not get pulled over on the way home haha.

I drag my 12r a couple times a year just for fun at New England Dragway in Epping. The best I've mustered is a 10.2 @ 141mph on a cooler evening. The 12 is bone stock and I'm close to 300lbs without my leathers.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

ran a best of 8.6x 167 with my turbo busa at NED....hundreds of passes too many to count..
    10.76 @ 133 with my Lingenfelter Vette only one pass picked up a damn header bolt that flattened my new set of drag radials...talk about an expensive pass.
    11.21@ 121 with my buick type t turbo.

All told over 20 years and thousands upon thousands of passes, started with an 81 honda prelude back in 1985 that ran 18 something at 68 mph...did the whole supercharged mustang thing ran 10.80's @ 125 back in 91-93

Take it to the strip, believe me it gets all your street racing out of you...did that too for along time...

dare I ask how much money it takes to run those times in your subaru? what mods?

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    I do occasionally, my best is 11.67 @ 121 with my subaru

always wanted to go with the bike, but never have.

they close halloween!

I had a 120 MPH cobalt that I used to race. Then last year I started bring my bike up there. Then I bought a zx14 and raced that up there. Over last winter I bought the essentials to get it drag ready. I ended up racing it last spring with just a strap and exhaust and got kicked out for 9's with no license. So, I got all the license application stuff, lowered the bike got a drag seat and was ready to start competing in "Street Fighter" this summer. But 2 things happened. I work 80+ hours a week, then I took Penguin and experienced a track with turns. I lost interest in drag racing almost all together. If I had more time I would probably have got the license and gone up at least one more time this year but because of my schedule any time off for racing brought me to Loudon.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
    dare I ask how much money it takes to run those times in your subaru? what mods?
    Fully built motor, bigger turbo, methanol injection, etc

444 hp to the wheels before, should be getting close to 500 at the wheels now.

I probably have 30 grand in it on top of the purchase price

lol.. Fun is never Cheap. I had probably 21k on top of the purchase price. forged motor 2001 cobra motor, ported heads, dual stage nitrous set up, converted to 6 speed, and built rear with 4:30 gears. Went a best of 10.64 @ 131 on drag radials, but I still had a lot lacking in the suspension setup and my 60' were never under 1.68. could of run a much bigger nitrous shot as well...lol

.. takes a lot less money to run that with the bike

Quote Originally Posted by HO-HUM-R1 View Post
    lol.. Fun is never Cheap. I had probably 21k on top of the purchase price. forged motor 2001 cobra motor, ported heads, dual stage nitrous set up, converted to 6 speed, and built rear with 4:30 gears. Went a best of 10.64 @ 131 on drag radials, but I still had a lot lacking in the suspension setup and my 60' were never under 1.68. could of run a much bigger nitrous shot as well...lol

.. takes a lot less money to run that with the bike
    Ive cut a 1.69 60' on street tires. It really come out of the hole hard, then looses some on the top end because of the AWD. I think I better driver could squeak a low 11 out of it.

Kind of reminds me of a story..way back in 90 there was a guy named Chris..kind of a mad scientist when it came to mustangs...he did and tried things that no one was doing. Long before Gene Deputy showed up with his eight velocity stack throttle body set up, Chris had one. His car went through so many incarnations that when it was time to part it out..not much was left. He took the torch cut the good parts out and the frame and body went into the dumpster...

the irony...

he was still making payments to Ford Motor Credit long after the car's remains were cut up and tossed into the dumpster

I had a '95 talon AWD that was pretty well built.. best I did with that was 11.07@132mph.
    I had another '95 AWD talon that was tossed together from crap in my garage.. 11.9@112.

'01 GSXR 600 - 11.1@128
    '06 GSXR 1000 - 10.06@144mph.

The 600 was bone stock. Stock exhaust and everything.
    The 1000 has a K&N, full exhaust, and PC3. Shooting for 9's but haven't quite got there.

I have maybe 150 passes between the two bikes and many more than that from racing cars.

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1