Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Drag racing

Drag racing

Whats going on guys? I brought my bike to the track in epping last night for a little Friday street night, had fun was wondering if anyone on the fourm as ever ran there bike or drags ritually? saidly the track closes today so i wont be making anymore appearances until next spring/summer, but i want to get into it. Send some tips over this way i would use some help lol.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Drag racing

I thought about going this month and decided against it. Good thing too, the night I went no one could get traction. I will go next year when the track is warm.

Lightbulb Re: Drag racing

yeah, we should go next year. What you ride? there was no problem getting traction last night thats for shoure, the track is so sticky!

AWD guys weren't hooking up. the only people with traction were those who spent the money on drag tires and suspension. I've got a 2003 yzf600r. Should pull a low 12 to high 11's from what I've read.

awd cars arnt rear cars and arnt ment for racing anyhow, the muscle cars were hooking up . I was talking to a guy with like a 00' or 01' yzf600 blk and he raced a couple of times befoure and got like mid to low 11's at like 120-130mph. He sayed he looked it up and ppl were saying like 12's. I figured my bike should do around the same if i can get it to go, lol. its totaly different than riding on the street.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

I ran my ss1000ds there a few times with my friend on his Aprilia RSV
    Great time. We ran low 12's
    I meant to get the 1098 up there, but didn't get there thi year.

Posting Freak

I went to lebanon valley dragway this year and ran my bike 1 day, for 3 runs before i lost. I have friends that go regularly and they race a:
    9.5 second zx10
    11 second zx12 (she just got it)
    9ish second zx14
    9.75 second VROD destroyer drag edition (sexy as fuk)
    9 second old kawi.

When i ran my bike (zx6r) it had slightly over 4000 miles (turned 4k about 2 miles from the track) and it was my first time drag racing i turned in the following times:
    Run 1 - 12.246 @ 118.55mph
    Run 2 - 12.178 @ 119.80mph
    Run 3 - 12.340 @ 118.29mph

On the third run i launched too hard and pulled a wheelie and got scared with my bike at a pretty good angle. It caused me to lose by .084 seconds... Great time over all, loved the atmosphere and saw some crazy cars, sleds, and bikes.

2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Ebony Edition
    Miles my first (this) season: 5800
    KAWASAKI RULES WOOOOO!

Went 5 or 6 times this year. Mostly Wednesdays, a little less busy. Run my ZX12R, 10.72 was my best this year

I've been on the bike 3 times in the past few years. It's always fun. The last time I went I had traction problems as well. I was really surprised because I have never had an ounce of tire step-out on clean dry pavement before. The last time I went a got two really clean runs in, PB being a 12.39.

It's crazy to watch some of the well set-up fast bikes there. There was one hayabusa that looked like it was lowered about a foot.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

I feel a NESRian drag night in the works.

Posting Freak

The zx10 that my buddy races the farring on the bottom of the bike is about 2" above the ground when he lauches. It's fucking sick to see. The VROD with it's clutch setup from factory is fucking killer. My buddy bob carleson is a national champ on his 14. And for my first time i turned in real good times. If i didnt turn my dial in lower i woulda won my race.

KAWASAKI RULES WOOOOO!

00' ZX-9r best time 10.1 sec .500 R/T. Strapped and Muzzy links, rode it to Epping and home.

A NESR night would be fun.

been on a drag night with NESR. fing Denno

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

I'm over due myself. I just ordered some front end straps so that should help a little. Seriously considering getting some wheely bars too.
    My best from the last time I ran my 86 GSXR, 10.82 @ 130.7
    Would like to inch the old girl closer to the mid to low 10s.

Posting Freak

Wheely bars do not belong on that bike. get an extended swingarm

KAWASAKI RULES WOOOOO!

The person to talk to would be Kathy DePetrillo marketing director great person to deal with, 603-679-8001 or kathy@nedragway.com
    it's only $25 for the night and as many runs as you can twist the throttle for!

Quote Originally Posted by Stegosaurous View Post
    Wheely bars do not belong on that bike. get an extended swingarm
    Sorry, but I don't want to go that route. Then it WOULD be a drag racer. I want it to remain a hardcore roadcourse bike, that can make a good showing at the drags. Bolt on the sissy sticks and run. Unbolt and hit NHMS. An extended swingarm would undoubtedly work better. Kosman still makes a wheely bar kit for that bike.

Posting Freak

Your situation is different. I thought you had it as a pure dragster. Good call with the bolt on bars.

KAWASAKI RULES WOOOOO!

anyone know where to get front end straps? Kawi ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by FirstDuc-1098 View Post
    anyone know where to get front end straps? Kawi ZX12R
    I ordered my straps at Freedom Cycle in Concord NH, mostly because my wife got me a gift certificate for Xmas. Check this link out.

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/se...sis/Categories

cool Tab, thanks

dam u guys really made this post a good one lol, duncan im down for a big group ride up there, couple races and head back next spring. I can launch my bike on the street fine, it gripts, little wheelie out of the line, second gear little wheelie, then were good, haha. The first run i did a burn out then dumped the clutch the thing almost stood straight up on me, the second run i dident burn out, babyed it out and then second gear the rear tire slid out a bit, whats the deal? Im probably gonig to sell this bike and dont want a full out drag bike so i need a skills talk insted of modification plz, also one guy said put around 15psi in rear tire, i was running like 40 because i rode it from almost Boston,MA, then another said thats fine.

Depends on the bike. You have to play around, and monitor your 60' times. Some bikes like to be grunted out, others screamed out. My 86 GSXR likes to be screamed, as in lots of clutch slip. It doesn't have the bottom end grunt of a liter bike. I do an initial clutch dump until I feel the front end start to rise, then I keep the revs in the meat of the powerband and slip the clutch to get the best balance of forward motion, keeping the front end down, and not bogging the engine. My clutch is fully out at the end of first gear. When I'm on my game, my 60' times will dip into the high 1.7s, though typically I'll be in the mid 1.8s. This is with a stock chassis with no strapping. I run about 30psi in the rear, and pump the front up to 40psi. I don't think I'd go as low as 15psi in the rear on a street bike. You only need a little drop to let the tire get tacky, in the burn out area. Too low a pressure may slow the bike down, as the engine is working against a "flat" tire. If you are on a stock street chassis, and wheelies are a problem, then obviously, traction isn't a problem. I'd do small pressure adjustments to find out what works best for you.

yeah, it ripted a massive wheelie the first time lol. Tank hit me in the chest lol. its like riding on sap lol, but i guess these 1500hp drag cars neeed that "glue like traction" were our bikes will usually just hook right up. I dont even know how many times ill run my bike next year because with all thoes burn outs and regular street riding ill go though tires like every month or two if i hit the track like once or twice a month and regular riding....aw, thoes saftey inspections are a bitch also.