Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Driving to Endanger

Lifer

Driving to Endanger

Joe I will admit you are actually right here.

But you are also blaming the insanity of our insurance laws and the evilness of the insurance companies on the cop who is just doing his job.

It is not the cop's fault that the insurance industry penalizes you so much for something that costs them absolutely nothing.

Ben

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Driving to Endanger

"this is true, but it's effectively meaningless when compared to a total of X THOUSAND over two years.

see, they make is **sound** like they're doing you this BIG favor. It is designed to foster a "hey, cops aren't that bad philosophy, and well, since he did give me a break, i don't really feel it would be fair for me to fight the nice officer *who gave me a break* on the other charges.... after all, he DID give me a break..."

here's another way to put it (the psyche tatic anyway)... walk into one of those electronic stores in times square, NYC looking to buy a camera. you ask to see one, and the price tag is $500. you obviously feel the price is kinda high, so the salesman tells you he'll give you a "break" by lowering the price to $450.... you hem and haw some more, and he finally sighs and says, ok, ok, $415... you **feel** pretty good about it and buy it.

then you get home, and find the same camera at your local department store selling for $200"
    This is one of the best written persuasive articles I have read in a while. I think there are only a few flaws in his argument. I agree with him

14" Biceps. So what if I am weak...

Driving to Endanger

the vast majority of traffic stops are nothing more than legalized extortion. why else do officers have quotas that need to be filled?

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by bentbryan
    the vast majority of traffic stops are nothing more than legalized extortion. why else do officers have quotas that need to be filled?

Hey have you heard about Area 51? A bunch of us are going to look at the spaceship... wanna come?

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by VinceF2

Hey have you heard about Area 51? A bunch of us are going to look at the spaceship... wanna come?

I agree that qutotas are far fetched, nut don't tell me that there are those that say 'alright it's getting cold out there'... Implied get as many tickets out there as possible. Don't tell me otherwise either. I drive in a rather largs circle that goes from Conn/RI south border to Boston to Marlboro Mass. I notice that when the first warm days show, patrols are increased by 3 fold, then die down, and about the first of OCT till just about the 2nd week of NOV

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by VinceF2

This came right from my father's mouth who was a New Hampshire State Trooper for 10 years, and was a Winthrop, MA cop before that for awhile as well. Not only that, but he was involved with local politics as long as I can remember even ran for Selectman once. Meaning, one would believe he knew the in's and out's of the system, or at least understood it. I'm inclined to take his word for it. Hey, it wasn't a bash on police officers, they're just doing their job, and their (your) job is to protect people like me. But it's pretty short sighted not to say traffic stops don't bring in wads of cash, cash the state(s) want and need. If safety is the main concern, how come the gov't doesn't legislate car manufacturers to put governors on vehicles that would prevent them from going over the highest posted limit? Follow the money...

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by bentbryan
    This came right from my father's mouth who was a New Hampshire State Trooper for 10 years, and was a Winthrop, MA cop before that for awhile as well. Not only that, but he was involved with local politics as long as I can remember even ran for Selectman once. Meaning, one would believe he knew the in's and out's of the system, or at least understood it. I'm inclined to take his word for it. Hey, it wasn't a bash on police officers, they're just doing their job, and their (your) job is to protect people like me. But it's pretty short sighted not to say traffic stops don't bring in wads of cash, cash the state(s) want and need. If safety is the main concern, how come the gov't doesn't legislate car manufacturers to put governors on vehicles that would prevent them from going over the highest posted limit? Follow the money...
    Bryan, you have to be smarter than that, putting a governor on all vehicles would be dangerous.... how may times have you needed to go faster than the speed limit to get out of someones way?

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Driving to Endanger

Sorry Randy! I forgot!

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12