Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Driving to Endanger

Question Driving to Endanger

So I take out the bitch to blow off some steam, just found out that the head gaskets I did in Feb. are leaking again .. So I head past police dept towards my brothers house, some dick from conn in an intrepid cuts me off, so I pull up to the light next to him and burn it up just to get his attention.... I look to the right as I take the corner and there was a cop sitting in the parking lot.... So I stop he asked 'why would you do that with us sitting right there?', 'well because I didn't see you.' 'but why did you do it?', 'to let off some steam.'... The best part is I walked out without my registration, and insurance(FUCK)... So he comes back and says 'I could hit you with DTE and tow your bike, but I'm not, I'm giving you 2 tickets one for your inspection running out $75, and one for not having you insurance on you, if you have insurance then you can show up and it'll be dropped.'

Anyway I'm fighting the inspection ticket cause in reality I should've gotten a 5 day tag, and he didn't give me the DTE cause I got a very clean record, and the last speeding ticket I got was for 5 over...

Oh then he had the balls to say 'you know making us do our jobs and pulling you over makes us look like jerks'

Um no giving me 2 stupid tickets makes you look like jerks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

he aint got shit 7

you poor bastid
    bad day huh

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Driving to Endanger

he is right....you coulda been towed...and now you are bitching about him not giving you a dte...real appriciative...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Lifer

Driving to Endanger

Why do people not keep the reg & proof of insurance on the bike?

I have always just stuffed it in the tail in a sealed bag.

I'm more worried about getting "profiled" by a cop who is hoping I left my paperwork at home than I am about a thief stealing my bike. (Isn't that the justification for not having the paperwork in the bike?)

Ben

Littering and........

Driving to Endanger

I dont know Sevens, I would have to say it sounds like the cop was a fairly nice guy. He could have been a lot more of a prick.

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by benVFR
    Why do people not keep the reg & proof of insurance on the bike?

I have always just stuffed it in the tail in a sealed bag.

In some jurisdictions it is illegal to store the registration in an unoccupied vehicle.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Lifer

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by ChR1s
    In some jurisdictions it is illegal to store the registration in an unoccupied vehicle.
    How the hell can they enforce that? Sounds like another stupid law.

I would just be so worried that if I don't keep it in the bike I'm going to eventually forget it, and that'll be the one time the cop pulls me over just to check if I have it. In retrospect I think that's why I got pulled over last week... once the guy saw I had my registration & license he never even walked back to his cruiser to check my record.

Ben

Lifer

Driving to Endanger

I am extremely paranoid about cops as well..

My procedure is pull over immediately as soon as it's safe. I stop the bike, turn it off, immediately pull my helmet off, and put my hands on my legs so the cop knows I'm extremely unlikely to try and run or do anything.

Once he asks me for the license and registration I tell him I'm going to get off the bike and that I need to open it up to get the paperwork... they have always been right on top of me as I do this so it doesn't seem to bother them. The compartment on my bike is also way to tight to hide a gun or anything like that, they can easily see everything that is stored under the seat when I open it.

Seems fine so far... and like I said my luck has been absolutely ridiculous so far. 5 stops, 4 I was clearly way outside the law, and I have 1 written warning and 4 verbal warnings. Luckily even if I have been outside the law, I've never been stopped for being a hooligan, stunting, weaving in and out of traffic, etc.. it has always just been speeding, etc..

Ben

Driving to Endanger

I have been pulled over many times with my regi and ins, and not my lic. In RI it mostly works out.... Fuck em they can check my regi nithe cruiser, and I'll show up with my ins card... Oh and I'm gettin gthe bike inspected today

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Driving to Endanger

Bras cause cancer.

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by bigred875
    he is right....you coulda been towed...and now you are bitching about him not giving you a dte...real appriciative...

The point being, he could've said look that was stupid, but in no way were you endagering anyone, BTW I'm giving you 2 tickets, one for not having you insurance, and the other for out of date inspection, with both you just need to show up with proof...(it's called a 5 day tag which every cop in this state only seems to give cars that are blowing smoke out of the exhaust)
    Oh and did you get the plate of the guy that cut you off so we can pull him over.....NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO he didn't ask that

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    The point being, he could've said look that was stupid, but in no way were you endagering anyone, BTW I'm giving you 2 tickets, one for not having you insurance, and the other for out of date inspection, with both you just need to show up with proof...(it's called a 5 day tag which every cop in this state only seems to give cars that are blowing smoke out of the exhaust)
    Oh and did you get the plate of the guy that cut you off so we can pull him over.....NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO he didn't ask that
    no i hear ya..but fight it and I suspect you'll get outa both....

Like it or not he did not have to give you a break at all...you had 3 strikes....he saw you do a burnout, and you did not have the required information on you....

But he let you off easy.....

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by The KING
    WHAT, SO MY VIEWPOINT IS WORTHLESS? HUH? HUH?

edit: wrong thread... sorry and fuck you.
    not that i have any clue as to what you are talking about..but

WHAT, SO MY VIEWPOINT IS WORTHLESS?
    but ya..pretty much

Driving to Endanger

no i hear ya..but fight it and I suspect you'll get outa both....

Like it or not he did not have to give you a break at all...you had 3 strikes....he saw you do a burnout, and you did not have the required information on you....

But he let you off easy.....

Hey maybe I'll take the tape of you doin wheelies(ur um tring) and they'll let me off...

Ryan is now on the list........Back o tha line biiizzzznniiittccchhhhh

Driving to Endanger

Good for you Sevens!

It's all a cop tactic, they tell you, oh be thankful i could've done this or that, but here, let me take it easy on you, in the HOPES that you WON'T fight it, and pay up just like a good little boy should...

Giving you a break would have been giving you a warning, not a ticket.

Fight it ALL to the bitter end, and good luck to you!

Cops don't care if you fight it or not... After the cite is writen they've done their job... If the court wants to drop it so be it. You're not hurting their feelings one bit by fighting...

Driving to Endanger

plus I think he gave tickets instead of warnings cuase my BUSH Sticker on the winshield, ya know the unions and thier supportin kerry

Driving to Endanger

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe its me, but people complaining about getting tickets when they were in the wrong is beyond me.

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by katana0215
    Thats what I was thinking. Maybe its me, but people complaining about getting tickets when they were in the wrong is beyond me.

there have been 3 times I was pulled over when I was completely in the right, that's why I complaining... Have had to explain that not alot of bikes will go 200 mph lately, I have.

Driving to Endanger

no one said it would hurt their feelings.....

and regardless, every ticket should be fought to the bitter end, right up to the judge (with some exceptions). particularly under circumstances where a warning would have been enough. that cop DID NOT do sevens any favors, it's a psyche tactic to make you "feel" like you got a deal with the hopes that you'll just pay, and not clog up the courts fighting tickets. i've come across that line many times, by many pd's, i doubt that's coincidence...
    Ok... so I understand correctly he should have hit him with every fine he could have, towed him and sent him on his way instead of doing enough to show he did his job without busting his balls?

Fair enough... I'll have to remember that my wanting to cut a break is only a mind game the next time I stop someone....

I realize this is a sarcastic post... and it is meant to be... not to be mean... but what you're saying would make no sense to you if you knew a lot of cops.... None that I know care what happens to a citation once they pull away from the stop... I too say fight it and get off it... have fun... but it's a lot easier IMO to get off one fine then 4 and a tow.... IMO of course...

Driving to Endanger

Originally posted by VinceF2
    Ok... so I understand correctly he should have hit him with every fine he could have, towed him and sent him on his way instead of doing enough to show he did his job without busting his balls?

Fair enough... I'll have to remember that my wanting to cut a break is only a mind game the next time I stop someone....

I realize this is a sarcastic post... and it is meant to be... not to be mean... but what you're saying would make no sense to you if you knew a lot of cops.... None that I know care what happens to a citation once they pull away from the stop... I too say fight it and get off it... have fun... but it's a lot easier IMO to get off one fine then 4 and a tow.... IMO of course...
    lol..right so he gets allthese charges...then fights them

Gets it reduced to the 2 tickets he just got....and will be like I BEAT THE SYSTEM w00t!!!lol

this didnt help me gettin goff the list has it...lol

Driving to Endanger

dude as much as I can't stand getting pulled or ticket for ...what I deem...a bs offense...it's on the books....it is the law....all the cop is doing is his job....

They should write you for the all of the offenses....and it most certainly is a break...whether YOU deem it one or not doesn make a shit of difference...they dont care about insurance....they are not responsible for the ins companyies...only your violations and what to do about them...

there are different degrees of breaks...

You complaing about this is like complaing about getting bad service at a restuarant and them offering to give you a desert for free and you want them to pay the whole meal.....

Lifer

Driving to Endanger

Joe I thought you never had cops give you shit? What is this about getting tickets and having to go to court.

Maybe you should try being respectful and you can collect some warnings. Like BigRed said... the guy is just doing his job and you did get caught breaking the law even if you weren't being dangerous and/or it is a BS defense.

I was all mad last week when I got pulled over but that is just cause the cop had to be a shithead and ask me if my mother wanted me riding and give me a hard time for wearing gear and other stupidity. I had no problem with him pulling me over as I did technically break the law, and I fully recognize he gave me a break by giving me a warning. But then I was respectful...

Ben

Driving to Endanger

WTF this has spiraled into a his way or his way argument...

Vince lemme ask you this, the last time you pulled someone over for a dated inspection, did you A; give them a $75 citation, B; tell him you pulled him over for speeding, cut him a break on that then gave him a $75 insp citation, and tell him he was getting a break, or C; give a five or seven day tag to get it inspected???

My piont is , tell me you could tow my bike and you'd better. I'll tell you why he didn't, because he pulled my record, saw that the last ticket I got was more then 4 years ago for 5 over and knew that a DTE wouldn't hold up. I call it how I see it

Driving to Endanger

dont bother guys. They arent gonna get it. Its all about accountability. .

King, maybe the break is that your ticket is gonna cost you less money, that is a break. They never said they were gonna give you a meaningful insurance break.

Banned

Driving to Endanger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast