Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any DRZ400 sm owners on here??

Re: Any DRZ400 sm owners on here??

Quote Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
    Oh, lets see.....Hmmm. Maybe the first reason why I wanted to get rid of the hyper was when I was stranded 2 hours from home and the odometer read only 200 miles on my VERY FIRST ride. Dealer fixed the fuel sensor and I didn't have my brand new bike for over a week. Fast forward to about 2,000 miles on the odometer and the bike keeps going into limp mode and 75% of the power is cut while I'm riding....Dealer then fixed that. Twice....
    Yeah, I can't think of any good reasons that I would buy a low mileage, gas sipping, mega fun DRZ that is dirt cheap on insurance and has a reliable/bulletproof engine....
    Damn it Jason now I'm all paranoid about my Monster 1200s. I love the rider experience on European bikes but atfer working on my monster I truly believe Japanese bikes are put together better. I'm. The 2 year warranty will let me figure out if I want to keep it or not. Post some drz pics up or I'll just see it this weekend.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

xxaarraa
    Quote Originally Posted by imstuner View Post
    Damn it Jason now I'm all paranoid about my Monster 1200s. I love the rider experience on European bikes but atfer working on my monster I truly believe Japanese bikes are put together better. I'm. The 2 year warranty will let me figure out if I want to keep it or not. Post some drz pics up or I'll just see it this weekend.
    Yes, to say Japanese bikes are put together better is a simple statement of fact.

But then you have to put up with mostly ugly bikes with crappy brakes, mediocre suspension and higher curb weights, not to mention needlessly big (I'm surprised at how needlessly big the tank profiles and subframes/bodywork are every time I stand next to a Japanese 600/750/1000)

It all comes to this - do you prefer to get drunk on cheaper liquor that's available everywhere, goes with anything and hits the spot quickly, or very fine wine that's expensive and only works with certain types of cheese? I guess answer depends on whether intoxication is the goal, or just the sensations of drinking.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 09-10-14 at 07:13 AM.

Re: Any DRZ400 sm owners on here??

The only thing truly pissed me off is how many screws came crossed threaded from the factory. Good thing it was only on small plastic trims but still.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12