Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Duke 390

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Duke 390

Any feedback on 2017 to 2020 KTM Duke 390
    Sat on one at rt 128 cycles today...

Kind of nice, Might scratch the itch for a suburban bike in lieu of my hypermotard obsession.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

Re: Duke 390

I had the RC390 as a street bike and should have got a Duke. Motor is a great little power plant, but obviously not a lot of power. I could get the RC to wheelie with a lot of effort, but should be easier on the Duke. Super fun once you're at speed though!
    Assuming it has the same suspension as the RC, its non-adjustable and could definitely use a bit more low speed compression. Still made for a great little hooligan bike, and the Duke should be even more hooligan! I say do it.

A full exhaust system really opened it up and it ran cooler around your legs - definitely suggest. The bike came with the KTM Akra which was a nice subtle exhaust note, but adding a straight header (I think I had the Tyga) is where the real benefit was.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Lots of fun and quicker & more comfortable than most people assume. I have a 2018 and yesterday went out for my longest ride (about 140 miles which included a Kanc run) on it so far. I actually just put it up for sale - if you're interested shoot me a PM. 3,100+ miles.

Duke 390-duke-390-jpg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    Lots of fun and quicker & more comfortable than most people assume. I have a 2018 and yesterday went out for my longest ride (about 140 miles which included a Kanc run) on it so far. I actually just put it up for sale - if you're interested shoot me a PM. 3,100+ miles.

Duke 390-duke-390-jpg
    sending pm FYI in tirekicking mode right now

hmmmm......

I had a 2017 duke 390. I had it fully upgraded for track use as well as street. Upgraded suspension front and rear, Woodcraft rear sets the bike was phenomenal. On the highway it was a little underwhelming especially when trying to pass any vehicle. On the back roads and also on track the bike was killer.