Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Dunlop Roadsmart

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Dunlop Roadsmart

I just ordered a set. Heard good things and figured I'd give them a try. Been a big fan of Continental Road Attacks for awhile but thought a dual compound tire might give me better life. Anyone use these "new" Dunlops?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Re: Dunlop Roadsmart update

So, I have 2500 miles on the front and 1500 miles on the back. I really like the stick and feel of these tires and they seem to be wearing like iron. Tread depth looks like new still. I may get an entire season out of them at this rate.

In the dry, the rear slides very predictably under power in corners and the front gives decent feedback.

Rain performance is the best I have ever enjoyed.

The only complaints I have: The front tracks all squirrily-like when braking hard over longitudinal pavement cracks or seams. It's not that big a deal though. Also, the front gets very slick below 35F.

Common sense spoken here. toocrazy2yoo's Avatar

Re: Dunlop Roadsmart

I just ordered Dunlop RoadSmarts put on my Bandit 1200S down in Manassas, Va. This is the bike I'm riding up to Hamilton, Ma. in June, or thereabouts, when I move up. Everything I've read about them make them my choice same as my Metzler ME-33 Lazers were the choice for rain travel back in the early 2000's. Gotta have em. Especially since I ain't set ass on a bike in over a year and a half. It's a pretty good ride, Va.-to-North Shore, I want the best under me, especially when the bike is 30 horsies higher than my last bike.

I won't talk about what the dealer told me about the chain on this bike, but I suppose in the interest of anti-hijacking of a perfectly good tire thread, I'll make the chain the grist for another thread. I hope this was the best choice, Stoink. Fact is, all the tires are good and many times better than tires of even a year ago no matter the budget or brand.

Tx for confirming my choice, Stoink! By, Gawd, I owe ya a Lobstah! I oughtta throw all you boys a lobstah pahtay! It's cool reading the board, and even though I know youse bastids are gonna goof on my big old Southern grin, it's cool, yall gotta be as ugly as me, even if yer wimminfolk are cute and some of em pay off yer bike paper!

Last edited by toocrazy2yoo; 05-28-09 at 09:10 PM.