Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

dyno tuning

dyno tuning

Im looking for recommendations on a shop to tune my 2011 gsxr 750. A search lead me to robsdyno but when i called him he wanted upwards up 800$ for a tune and that seems a bit ridiculous to me. My fully built turbo build on my car only ran me $500 to dyno tune. This is a mostly stock bike with the exception of a full exhaust. 800 is about what i paid for the exhaust lol. Also a side note im not using a power commander or bazzaz I have a woolich racing ecu interface my laptop plugs in to my bike through usb and then you can use either woolich racing tuned software or numerous other ecu editiing software to edit the fuel/ignition maps. Any good tuner should be able to use these programs to tune the bike with no problem but i think it may have scared robsdyno away when i told him and thats when i got the 800$ price.. he was kind of a dick on the phone maybe i just caught him on a bad day.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: dyno tuning

Best bet is to head to Adrenaline in Swansea. They know their shit over there. http://www.adrenalinecycleinc.com/2012/wordpress/

Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by gippy87 View Post
    Im looking for recommendations on a shop to tune my 2011 gsxr 750. A search lead me to robsdyno but when i called him he wanted upwards up 800$ for a tune and that seems a bit ridiculous to me. My fully built turbo build on my car only ran me $500 to dyno tune. This is a mostly stock bike with the exception of a full exhaust. 800 is about what i paid for the exhaust lol. Also a side note im not using a power commander or bazzaz I have a woolich racing ecu interface my laptop plugs in to my bike through usb and then you can use either woolich racing tuned software or numerous other ecu editiing software to edit the fuel/ignition maps. Any good tuner should be able to use these programs to tune the bike with no problem but i think it may have scared robsdyno away when i told him and thats when i got the 800$ price.. he was kind of a dick on the phone maybe i just caught him on a bad day.
    Pricing for tuning is mostly a matter of time on the dyno. He probably never used your program and was pricing in some time for figuring it out. That, and most professional tuners start with "pretty close" maps that they have made so that they won't need to start from scratch each time. Nothing about that price seems unreasonable to me if you take for granted that he hasn't used the program. Your $500 car tune is sort of irrelevant--especially if it was using some Hondata/Cobb type system, the likes of which people almost always begin from another map (and spend less than 3 hrs. on the dyno).

Dynotune in Hudson, Ma, or DynoSolutions in CT

Friend: man riding this really hurts my balls

Me: Well you're not supposed to sit on your balls!

might be worth giving harrys machine in northboro a call too. i know they are pretty backed up though as they said 8-12 weeks for some machine work i needed.

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

+1 for Dynotune in hudson, they did my gsxr over the winter... will finally get to ride it with the new tune on monday/tuesday

"Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Adrenaline can take care of you. Justin knows his stuff when it comes to tuning bikes. as long as you have the cable & software, they'll get it done reasonably priced

Adrenaline Cycles
    2555 GAR Hwy. Swansea, MA. 0277
    Phone # (508) 379-0100

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by wil11748 View Post
    Pricing for tuning is mostly a matter of time on the dyno. He probably never used your program and was pricing in some time for figuring it out. That, and most professional tuners start with "pretty close" maps that they have made so that they won't need to start from scratch each time. Nothing about that price seems unreasonable to me if you take for granted that he hasn't used the program. Your $500 car tune is sort of irrelevant--especially if it was using some Hondata/Cobb type system, the likes of which people almost always begin from another map (and spend less than 3 hrs. on the dyno).
    My car was using a standalone engine management with a stock map loaded on it, it barely ran before it was tuned. my point was that my car needed huge changes to the tune due to how it was modded, turbo, injectors, cams, over sized pistons bla bla bla. the shop prob had similar car setups come through and was able to load one of their previous tunes and then work from there but regardless 500 was their flat rate for tuning. The gsxr's "pretty close" map should be the stock one since all I've changed was the exhaust I shouldn't need a ton of dyno time or any major adjustments to the stock map. Any professional tuner should be able to work most programs fairly easily. Ive used a power commander, woolich usb interface, nistune, hptuners, apexi powerfc etc. despite all being different engine management with different software for completely different vehicles they've all had the same setup on the software side of things. i dont see what he has to figure out

Set something up with Adrenaline for Wed. $300 much better. Thanks again!

And go figure i set something up with him and my friend messages me to tell me his dyno will be coming in monday or tuesday. Its been being pushed back for over 6 months so i gave up on waiting for it and what do you know i schedule something with someone else and his dyno comes in..

The difference between using a Powercommand vs your specific ECU package is the PC2/PC3/PC5 talks direct to the dyno, no swivel chair action required. MUCH MUCH MUCH easier for the dyno guy to work with, so it takes far less time. Your laptop doesn't even need to come out of it's bag in that scenario. When you use one of the other ECUs, the dyno guy now has to work the dyno, get a read, then translate that into changes to punch into the other system. Push the changes, then go back to the dyno and check the results. Swivel chair action takes time which cost money, add an unfamiliar ECU to the mix and you're talking more time.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

What is this gee-whiz computer and swivel chair action you speak of? Dyno, change jetting, dyno again..... wait....

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    What is this gee-whiz computer and swivel chair action you speak of? Dyno, change jetting, dyno again..... wait....
    Stop peeking in my garage you lookie-loo!