Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

dynojet tuner??

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

dynojet tuner??

Does anyone know of a good dynojet tuner in ME,MA,NH,or CT. Got a good deal on a power commander and want to see how much it would cost to get the gsxr dyno'd and tuned.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Re: dynojet tuner??

I really recommend RJ's in Nashua NH. Great service from very knowledgeable people, and very reasonable prices.
    http://www.rjsmotorsport.com/

Tommy R.
    '06 GSXR 1000
    '03 FZ1

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

Yea rj's is up the road from me, wanted to see if anyone has experience with them tuning.

"Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

I would recommend Dyno Solutions in CT right next to Max BMW. They do all kinds of bikes and have made custom maps for a few of the people racing LRRS who liked them a lot. They also do Harley's, Euros, Sportbikes, etc. His name is John.

http://www.dyno-solutions.com/

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

If you're close to Windham ME, Moto Milano has a TON of hours / years on their DJ tuning.

If you want a cheaper way out and more than enough send it to Jamie at Fuelmoto and have him map it for you and throw it in and your done.....

I had him do my 06 1K and it was as close to a Custom map as poss..even RJ's comment on how well it was maped and asked me who did the Tune???

http://www.fuelmotousa.com

and here is my Dyno chart.....

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...-see-them.html

Last edited by Pigman; 01-02-12 at 02:27 PM.

Why Lie? It Was Me.... HO-HUM-R1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    If you want a cheaper way out and more than enough send it to Jamie at Fuelmoto and have him map it for you and throw it in and your done.....

I had him do my 06 1K and it was as close to a Custom map as poss..even RJ's comment on how well it was maped and asked me who did the Tune???

http://www.fuelmotousa.com

and here is my Dyno chart.....

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...-see-them.html

I'm looking to get tuned first thing in the spring.. I thought about this scenario but it seems to me that without the bike they are tuning being there, aren't they just guessing at the tune to an extent? I understand they can get close by knowing the mods on the bike, but it's still a best guess based on similar combinations. If that's what you're looking for you can get close for free by downloading a map on DJ's website.. I'm sure the company that makes the thing has run more tests than mail order tuners.

I downloaded a map recommended by the tech's at dynojet based on my mods and the bike runs really nice. I want to go have it fine tuned, and honestly i don't see how anyone could do it without the actual bike there on the dyno. Even the same kind of bikes can run slightly differently.

Maybe I'm wrong...just my .02

2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

Quote Originally Posted by burtonboarder23 View Post
    Yea rj's is up the road from me, wanted to see if anyone has experience with them tuning.
    had my 929 done there. Very happy with the results gained 6hp just from tuning plus however much the full exhaust gave, I had no before number for that but it felt a lot stronger after putting it on

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I would recommend Dyno Solutions in CT right next to Max BMW. They do all kinds of bikes and have made custom maps for a few of the people racing LRRS who liked them a lot. They also do Harley's, Euros, Sportbikes, etc. His name is John.

he did my bike for the previous owner and while I can't speak for any before ride-ability the bike pulls nice and smooth since I've had. Even talked to him down in NJ just after buying the bike and he said its the strongest 600rr he'd tuned.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

DAS Performance on Bridge St. In Dracut is another place to look in to. The owner Eric is a friend of mine and knows a thing or two about tuning bikes.

Joel

im going to try and steal the spotlight here for a second, same basic question but i am in Norwood Ma with no trailer immediately available for some of these far away tuners

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post

+1 on Dyno Solutions in CT. John's done all my prior race bikes ('97 gsxr600, '00 gsxr750, '03 R6 and '06 R6) and my street '00 Aprilia Mille. I've found him to be knowledgeable, candid and willing to do the job right.

Ps. I know Alex (the prior owner of your bike), Simon (garage-mate) and Dave (former garage-mate) have also used him in the past too.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."