Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

more elitist snobbery

Mrs. Frankenstein

more elitist snobbery

Just got an email from my friend Dennis about a ride he and his gf Heather went on this weekend, thought I'd share it with all of you:

"Actually, the riding part was most excellent! The political BS that we had to cut through was crap.

Our friend Andy (Zuki650) invited us out for the Sunday ride. We went riding with Andy on Saturday and Heather started to not feel well, so Sunday morning , we were unsure if we were going to make it or not.

Everyone was meeting at Friendly's at 8:00 for breakfast, leaving at 9:00 (or 9:30 as Andy told us). Heather & I got there at 8:45. We were just trying to grab a quick bagel and coffee when everyone suited up and left! Andy and his friend Rik waited for us.

We knew where the group was headed (about 35 bikes), so we took off 10 minutes later and caught up with them near their first stop. From there, the leaders (there were two clubs involved - SRNE and the Cool Group) they decided to ditch some of the great roads and head in a different direction. Our little off-shoot - now 5 strong took off in our own direction. We beat them by 20 minutes to the next rest stop and then met them again at the lunch destination up near Stratton Mt. VT.

The riding was great, but we got snubbed from some of the "elite" sportbike riders - especially for doing our own thing (remember - we were at Friendly's - they didn't wait 10 minutes for us!) At one of the gas stops, a certain female rider made a snide comment to us about staying out of their way when then come by (which they never did!).

The riding and the roads were excellent! I think we had a better time in our smaller group than if we were in the middle of a 30 bike pack. One part of the "elite" attitude was to not take everyone down the best roads - it's a "this is MY road and I'm not sharing with you" attitude. BS!"

*shrug* I dont get it.... how can people be so rude.

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

here's your wiskey sour!!! in a best Stoner voice. The fuckin bunch of 'em

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by snowborder; 09-12-02 at 11:12 AM.
    2001 RC51!!!
    2007 Husky SMR 510 - no longer... blown tranny

more elitist snobbery

Tell her "THEY" practice.

And the "eliteists" are not all that and a bag of chips.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

more elitist snobbery

'nuff said.

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

more elitist snobbery

Thats the reason I don't go on big rides (especially Sportrider rides)

Whats the fun if you have to leave this place at 9am precisely and get through this checkpoint at 10:15. Eat for 17 minutes and then leave. etc.

I don't need all that drama. This shit is supposed to be fun.

I guess you kinda have to know that before you set out to join up with one of those rides. And bring a map incase you get left behind/ditched/lost.

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by flexysteve
    Thats the reason I don't go on big rides (especially Sportrider rides)

Whats the fun if you have to leave this place at 9am precisely and get through this checkpoint at 10:15. Eat for 17 minutes and then leave. etc.

I don't need all that drama. This shit is supposed to be fun.

I guess you kinda have to know that before you set out to join up with one of those rides. And bring a map incase you get left behind/ditched/lost.
    Exactly. This is what has had me riding alone a lot for the past few years. Nobody has ever been intentionally left behind on an NESR ride, and they never will.

The bottom line...if you don't like it don't ride with them. They'll tell you the same thing.

0 Not allowed!

Cool Allow me to retort..

One part of the "elite" attitude was to not take everyone down the best roads - it's a "this is MY road and I'm not sharing with you" attitude. BS!"
    Now that aspect is so untrue. A couple individuals *thought* they new the planned route. Funny, as the ride leader, I was making it up on the fly.

AND, I inlcuded every twisty fucking road I knew enroute in between stops. No chicken strips for me, thanks.

Quite a few people have expressed what a great time they had. Those that are sour on the the event? Well, that's what happens with a large group. I'm not going to run a fucking parade.

Many people got to experience riding and roads that they would not have otherwise. And perhaps some will become more drawn to getting their SPORTbike closer to horizontal, rather than vertical.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by ChR1s; 09-12-02 at 12:29 PM.

Mrs. Frankenstein

more elitist snobbery

it's just rather sad to hear about people showing interest in a ride and then the group that they were trying to ride with left them behind.... and even at that... told them after the fact "9:00 is 9:00. I've left people at the table eating, had people running out to the parking lot with food in their mouths, etc. Should we all wait 10 minutes? 20? 30? Where does it stop?" if thats how you want to run your rides fine... but from my experience though I've been on few I know for a fact that nesr would never leave people behind. If someone shows up and expresses interest than it's common courtesy to wait for them, even if it means telling them that you'll be leaving in a couple minutes. whats an extra couple minutes - is your time really that precious that you can't spare a few minutes of your life to wait for someone else?

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by JC
    The bottom line...if you don't like it don't ride with them. They'll tell you the same thing.
    ^^^^
    ahem.

I almost don't like how this is turning into an us vs. them thing. I don't ride with the other groups because I don't like the way they do things. People don't ride with us for the same reason. Everyone can do that. It's easy, trust me.

Of course, this being a free country in conjunction with this being a lightly moderated board means you can express your dislike for anything in any way you see fit.

So, in light of that.... fuckity fuck fuck FUCK!

0 Not allowed!

Mrs. Frankenstein

more elitist snobbery

trying to be mr. moderator/administrator josh again and ruin my fun lol jK pfff fine

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by DreamAngel
    trying to be mr. moderator/administrator josh again and ruin my fun lol jK pfff fine
    I'm not moderating anything. But wasn't this funny? ....

"So, in light of that.... fuckity fuck fuck FUCK! " C'mon, anyone that's known me since my days at SRNE HAS to laugh at that!

Well, I guess that counts you out. LOL!

So, I think this means my hiatus is over?

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Everyone else seemed to have no problem with the event. Hmm... And what's the common denominator of the PO'd peeps? And_! (Jay can help here)

A big group is tough to manage, but we did a damn good job of it Sunday, considering the wide range of new-to-each-other riders. Nobody else needed a baby-sitter. Also, I think some jesting was mistakenly taken as insult by some.

The meeting & depature time were explicit. If I showed late, I wouldn't be expecting 30-something people to sit there idling, in full leathers, in the sun, while I scarfed a bagle on account of my lameness. The large group thing is not a common theme for myself, but you have to keep the shit rolling or you won't get very far.

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by ChR1s
    And what's the common denominator of the PO'd peeps?

And_! (Jay can help here)
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! So can I!

0 Not allowed!

Mrs. Frankenstein

more elitist snobbery

Quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass about how you conduct your rides as I don't plan on attending one... but obviously if certain comments were made in jest than that needs to be made clear especially considering I do believe these are people you have never met before... which in turn makes it very rude to make any comments such as that to someone youve just met who doesnt understand your humor.

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

I'm bored, someone punch someone already!

0 Not allowed!

And I don't want a rats ass.

So, this is all about drama now? Showing up late is rude. And a tub full of fur is RUDE.

0 Not allowed!
    A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Re: And I don't want a rats ass.

Originally posted by ChR1s
    And a tub full of fur is RUDE.
    LOL! THAT was pretty funny! I'd forgotten how much fun this place is when I don't fucking care.

0 Not allowed!

Mrs. Frankenstein

more elitist snobbery

considering they weren't late - your comment is pointless. they were there... keep in mind they had to be there for you to leave them behind.

0 Not allowed!

And I pay my taxes on the 16th!

"But officer, the light was green just a minute ago."

0 Not allowed!

Just Registered

it was the egg!

to answer your question.

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    I'm curious how a SRNE ride ended up being discussed here at NESR?
    It's not exactly rocket science, Greg.

0 Not allowed!

Who said that?

Cuz I don't wanna shout
    and I don't wanna scream,
    and I don't wanna talk all night
    about these stupid things
    because it's like that,
    and that's the way it is

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by T-595 Greg
    sorry, I'll rephrase....

what's the point of hashing through all this again? is it an "us vs. them" vendetta? I don't get it......

it'll be interesting to see the ride reports........
    Well if a good friend of mine had a story like that after riding with another group, I'd post it too. Personally I think it's rediculous the way some of the people in other groups act about this sport. However, I simply steer clear of all of it and either ride with the few friends I like riding with, or ride alone. When I do have encounters like that though, I dont' hesitate to talk about it. What's wrong with a little discussion? Because YOU had a good time nobody else can express the fact that they didn't?

Lots of people had a great time at the trackday Tuesday. I didn't, and I was quite open about that fact. I suppose I've over-stepped my bounds now, hmm?

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Well I wasn't on the ride, nor do I know the unhappy participants...so I can't really argue about specifics. I'm just saying that it's not all that unreasonable to speak up if you had a bad time.

I still stick with my original post:

That's what I do.

0 Not allowed!

Guilt a USELESS emotion SEVENSGT's Avatar

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by JC
    I suppose I've over-stepped my bounds now, hmm?
    I'm tellin JC J/K....... Anyway I usaully ride wit 3 or less and last weekend rode with 7 other bikes and felt like I just fuckin pissed eveyone off(I like riding with them though) It's all personal veiws some like it some don't....................

0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast