Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

more elitist snobbery

more elitist snobbery

C'mon, anyone that's known me since my days at SRNE HAS to laugh at that!
    You were a member of Sport Riders Nit-picking Each other??

The problem with disregarding how many you leave behind;

you don't have an accurate count of how many might be in an ambulance!

Maybe what was started as a small, fun event has turned into a large cumbersome task?

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

more elitist snobbery

I was one of the people on this ride. I came to the meeting point at 8:50 and had already ate before leaving home. At 9:00 sharp the bikes started in motion with many scrambling for their gear and to catch up. There was a comment made at the first stop that if your are the last person in your group and that there were people behind you before but nolonger that you were to stop for the group, and then to continue on. Well if I have no fucking idea where I am and the people behind haven't a clue how the fuck are we supposed to find the others? The gas station stop was another cluster fuck as people were taking off as some were just getting to the pump. There were only 4 pumps and you had to wait until the person before you paid before the pump cleared. Once we arrived to the lunch stop area I noticed that none of the people who organized this ride making any effort to speak with some of the new people on this ride. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the roads and had a great time. I realize that a group of this size is hard to manage, but maybe it should have been broken down into smaller groups with someone who knew where we were heading in each group. This could have been done at the first stop . I can see why some people were frustrated and possibly won't be part of anymore rides. I always give things a few chances before I decide not to participate. I have never been on any NESR rides but hope to in the near future. I hope I haven't pissed off or hurt anyones feelings and if I did then all I can say Fuckin grow up and get a life. just my 2 pesos.

Can't we all just get along

0 Not allowed!
    John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

more elitist snobbery

Need4speed,
    You should ride with us. The difference is night and day.

Like to go fast? We accomodate.

Newbie, learning to go fast? We accomodate.

Got technique questions? Ask the most accomplished of the group and you will get a an in-depth non-condenscending explaination.

2 up? Not a problem, we'll find a suitable place in the pack for you.

Running a few minutes late? Our leaders and the clean-up guys all carry cellies.

You won't get left behind.
    You will have fun.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

....................... PinHead's Avatar

more elitist snobbery

And this one time at band camp...............

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    05 WR 250F

more elitist snobbery

Just a small comment about a question asked by need4speed about the last person waiting at a intersection?

This is very simple and knowone should ever get lost. If you come to an intersection and don't see anyone behind you, wait until you see someone from the group coming, make sure they see YOU, then carry on. If everyone pays attention and worst case, if there are 35 riders, it would take 35 intersetions until the leader had to stop and wait? Having road many group rides, it's the only "reasonable" way to enjoy the day. Of course i don't even know why i mentioned this, it's all in the group riding rules area that i just know everyone reads

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

more elitist snobbery

Mark,

It wasn't a question about the last person waiting at a intersection, but more of what's the sense of stopping if you and the people behind haven't idea where they are. It was just poor planning on the group leaders of the ride. With a group that big a little more planning needs to be done so as not lose anyone.

0 Not allowed!
    John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by JC
    I'm not moderating anything. But wasn't this funny? ....

"So, in light of that.... fuckity fuck fuck FUCK! " C'mon, anyone that's known me since my days at SRNE HAS to laugh at that!
    Wasn't lost on me, bro! I've gotta go change the pants I just pissed in when I read that!

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

more elitist snobbery

I've been on so many of these group rides, i guess it's second nature for me to think this way, but i personally don't worry about where i'm going, where i've been, or where i am. My only 2 worries are the person in front of me and the person behind me. I haven't gotten lost or left to find my own way yet!!
    I wasn't on this ride so i don't have a rite to say to much, but I know the leaders very well and ride with them on a reglar basis, and do so for a good reason
    I simply don't think anyone is being fair and reasonable (from what i'm reading anyways) and posting blame on the group leaders.

Could go on and on, but i'm not. As Greg said, it's getting old and tiresome reading the bitching and ramblings. Cya

0 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by ChR1s
    Hmm... And what's the common denominator of the PO'd peeps? And_! (Jay can help here)
    I'll admit I'm baked, but I can't figure out what the hell that means...

Hmmm....Sport Riders Nitpicking Each other?

0 Not allowed!

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

more elitist snobbery

I'm sorry, is there bitching going on and I'm not a part of it?? THAT'S NOT RIGHT!

Josh, were you unhappy at trackday? Why did you keep it a secret... from the people living in the surrounding towns?? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Holy shit! There were bikes rolling into the garage from all directions, loud exhausts on parade, you still had your helmet on, yet EVERYONE in that garage heard you say... "HA-FUCKING-HA! Did you see him go down in 6??"

HAHAHAHAHA. You're a cruel bastard!

0 Not allowed!
    <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

more elitist snobbery

This elite snob had a great time!

Next time, Muffy and Stewart will be attending, too! They are coming from the Hamptons, but we vow to wait until they show!

Guaranteed!

0 Not allowed!

oooo yeah ya da pimp

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karaya One
    [B]This elite snob had a great time!

Next time, Muffy and Stewart will be attending, too! They are coming from the Hamptons, but we vow to wait until they show!

Guaranteed!

NOT (DH) need translation ask OK I'LL TRANSLATE

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by beet; 04-03-07 at 11:36 AM.
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

more elitist snobbery

If ya sift through summa the bickering that's going on with this thread, everyone should also notice that there are some very good points and reminders here about group riding...

*NOT CONDONING ANY BEHAVIOR OR TAKING SIDES HERE*

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by need4speed
    Mark,

It wasn't a question about the last person waiting at a intersection, but more of what's the sense of stopping if you and the people behind haven't idea where they are. It was just poor planning on the group leaders of the ride. With a group that big a little more planning needs to be done so as not lose anyone.
    the way the system is designed, there should have been someone waiting at the intersection when you got there. when they see you, they take off in the direction the person in front of them went...
    when you see the person behind you, you do the same, etc.

it's one of those "weakest link" things... it doesn't work unless *EVERYONE* in the group does it.

i'm slow as balls, and i haven't been left behind yet.
    -t

0 Not allowed!
    The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

more elitist snobbery

Originally posted by Stoneman
    I'll admit I'm baked, but I can't figure out what the hell that means...
    Okay, I get it now....

WHERE'S MY COFFEE???!!!???

0 Not allowed!

more elitist snobbery

0 Not allowed!

none shal pass

2 -)

0 Not allowed!
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Talking

Originally posted by LoveCat96
    BEET, Now, WTF was that?? LOL a new beetlish language slang? No shit...help me to translate!
    (beet)

0 Not allowed!
    www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12