Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why is it always someone elses bike??

Re: Why is it always someone elses bike??

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I think the risk diminishes with youth. We have better reflexes and know much more than any old person. Old people are used to slow bikes.
    Oh, really .......

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

Hah, I was borrowing my buddy's KZ650 when a deeeeeer jumped out in front of me... Only broke a mirror. Got a few scuffs from the gravel. I loved the bike anyway and was set on buying it from him. He also had 3 bikes.

Last edited by rpiian; 01-10-11 at 08:03 PM.

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Not sure how I missed this thread the first time around, but it's back now, and it's winter, so what the hell... I'm bored.

I had a friend loan me a REALLY nice bike for an entire season. He wanted me to learn to be a better rider, and told me "crash it, whatever... I expect you to crash it. Just ride the shit out of it".

That helped, but still didn't eliminate the shitty feeling I got when I punched a Rav 4 with it. Bent the forks in, broke bodywork, scratches... all of it. You'd be hard pressed to do more damage in a straight on crash. I was amazed we were able to get it back together and rideable.

Oh, did I mention it was a PRETTY bike? Pretty as in, it was a show bike for a shop on the showroom floor before he brought it to MA and started riding it on the street.

The owner? NESR's own 6 fingered man. Sorry dude...

The bike before the crash, i.e. how it looked right before I decided to use it to fight an SUV:

For future reference, remember this: I don't care how cheesy that car/SUV/whatever 4 wheeled vehicle looks, it WILL suck to smack into on 2 wheels. I'm still trying to come up with $ for the knee surgery I need as a result...

That Rav4 is just sittin there eye'n you.

Last edited by TheIglu; 01-11-11 at 01:42 PM.
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

i let one of my buddies ride my bike. i knew it wasn't going to end well, he never really had any experience and was going to go buy a bike soon anyway. i knew he was gonna lay it down, and i knew i was gonna strip the bike down and rat it out.

no matter what shape my next bike is in, i will never let anyone ride it. i won't let anyone take the wheel in any of my cars either, something about having an ex try to take an offramp at 70 and almost kill us both makes me rethink a whole lot of stuff.

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    That Rav4 is just sittin there eye'n you.

You eye me like that, expect a smack in your stupid whore mouth. Just sucks for me when the stinkeye is coming from an SUV...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12