Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Enclosed trailer flooring?

Enclosed trailer flooring?

Since it's F'n snowing today...I'm in the process of ripping the tile off the floor of my trailer (cracking, peeling, old, heavy, looks like crap). I'm sure it looked great new, but the trailer is heavy enough without it.

Any suggestions for a non-slip, easy to apply, and inexpensive covering?

I'm guessing I'll have to remove the old glue somehow, sand, prime, then apply an industrial coating with traction.

Who's done what?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Joel Taylor
    LRRS/CCS #719

Re: Enclosed trailer flooring?

I did the heavy vinyl tiles... have also used garage floor epoxy and cheap roll-on bed liner.

tile, bed liner, epoxy - preference in that order. If money is no object, I would have just bought a mat to roll out the size of the trailer.

High maintenance priss

Re: Enclosed trailer flooring?

I just did my floor w/ 2-part epoxy that's used for concrete floors - it works great on wood and applies just like paint. I added grit (its a fine aluminum oxide IIRC) to give it some more grip. A 1-car garage kit runs $60 @ HD/Lowes. Can do a 2-3 coats depending on the size of your trailer. I did the underside also to protect it completely. There is a 1-part epoxy they sell which probably is a little less durable but cheaper. You can only apply the 2-part >55*F. Not sure about the 1-part.

I've heard of guys using rhino truck bed liner w/ very good results too. Probably want to paint it to give it a lighter color though (black would make it pretty dark inside).

Good luck!