Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Engine guards for FZ6

Engine guards for FZ6

My wife's 07 FZ6 is making the transformation to trackday bike. Looking to keep from killing it and or oiling the track if we drop it. What do you guys recommend? The suspension is on it's way back from RaceTech, it has a power commander and Two Brothers slip on. Tires will soon be Q3's but we might run it a few more times on the Pilot Road 3's.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Normal is an illusion, what is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Re: Engine guards for FZ6

You'll have to check the fiche, but the engine case covers may be the same as the 03-05 era R6. I have Woodcraft fame sliders on my 07. Prior to that, I had some basic frame sliders on it that worked well enough when I lowsided in T3 at NJMP. The left side case cover got quite a bit of rash, but didn't break through.

The one thing that bugs me riding my FZ6 after riding my F4, is the choppy off/on throttle transition. Supposedly the 04-06's are worse, but it's still pretty bad on my 07. If you search on the FZ6 forum (600riders.com) there's been some little tricks which guys have done to minimize this. That would be my main concern if I was regularly going to track my FZ6.

Also, on the FZ6 forum, there's a guy who's putting his back to stock and selling an Ohlins shock, R6 forks, and a set of wheels/tires/rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post

The one thing that bugs me riding my FZ6 after riding my F4, is the choppy off/on throttle transition. Supposedly the 04-06's are worse, but it's still pretty bad on my 07. If you search on the FZ6 forum (600riders.com) there's been some little tricks which guys have done to minimize this. That would be my main concern if I was regularly going to track my FZ6.
    I heard the PC would help with the ON/OFF response. I cheaped out and got the
    G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube
    which used to be 50$ and is now at 79$ :-|
    But it did alleviate the throttle issues some what.

As far as the suspension parts for sale, that ship has sailed. The money is spent and l think we'll be fine with our stuff resprung and valved to our specs. The throttle must be something we have become accustomed to as it doesn't bother us.

Normal is an illusion, what is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.